Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Nintendo Switch; What would convince you to buy one?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

the Switch should have at bare least had something like a 1050 Ti; which is a budget mobile card btw.

The 1050 Ti is a desktop-class GPU, the Tegra X1 is a mobile GPU.

Edited by Vulon Bii

The 1050 Ti is a desktop-class GPU, the Tegra X1 is a mobile GPU.

Yes, but it has a mobile integration is all varieties of laptops including ultrabook form factor machines. The Nintendo Switch is more than capable of housing a GPU like this.

I'll want one when Super Mario Odyssey comes out, but that will be reluctantly as I really don't think the system is worth it as a whole.

Yes, but it has a mobile integration is all varieties of laptops including ultrabook form factor machines. The Nintendo Switch is more than capable of housing a GPU like this.

You'd have to beef up the cooling solution, and judging by a teardown video I saw, there is no space for it.

I'll want one when Super Mario Odyssey comes out, but that will be reluctantly as I really don't think the system is worth it as a whole.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Odyssey looks like a return to form for the Mario series; something I have been waiting for since my heart was broken by the shallow, "going-through-the-motions" experience Super Mario Galaxy provided. -.-

You'd have to beef up the cooling solution, and judging by a teardown video I saw, there is no space for it.

Would it be that large of an issue to make the system a little thicker? I mean, it certainly isnt small enough to fit in MOST pockets, so a little extra girth isn't hurting anyone. My impression is that they want a "sleek and sexy" device that will appeal to "stylish" consumers; therefore prioritizing aesthetics to functionality.

Edited by ChocolateCrane

I never really got into handheld consoles, I don't see the point. I want a good sturdy controller in my hand and a nice screen in front of me. So unless they come out with some REALLY good games I doubt I'll ever get it.

That said though, if for some reason we were in a world where the Switch was the console that the Final Fantasy VII remake comes out on, I'd drop the money for it whatever the cost!

The main thing that would get me to get one is if they had a mainstream Kirby game that is switch exclusive released for it, which they may do in the future, how long? I dunno. As a huge Kirby fan, that would be my main thing to get me to actually buy one. But I don't play games anyway much but yeah.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Odyssey looks like a return to form for the Mario series; something I have been waiting for since my heart was broken by the shallow, "going-through-the-motions" experience Super Mario Galaxy provided. -.-

I was near certain that Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 3D Land/World was the direction of the 3D Mario series. It was very saddening, because both of them had completely linear levels, yet Nintendo was disingenuously referring to Galaxy like it was just like 64/Sunshine.

Odyssey really came out of the blue, with even Nintendo talking of Super Mario Galaxy 3. I could not be more glad that they scrapped that. If they had really gone through with Galaxy 3, it would have been the final nail in the coffin for the 3D Mario series IMO. It was becoming just like NSMB - all games the same.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I don't have much time as everyone else to sit down and enjoy a console game anymore, so the fact that I could have the "console experience on the go" is the reason why I got one. That and I love video games, so it doesn't matter what it is on, I just have preferences over others. 

Edited by JRex95

• 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...

image.jpeg.51925d9e670eb1a4316779242a5b54dc.jpeg

looks like they did exceed expectations, as Nintendo seems to be back on track :fluttershy:. Seriously, after the long term fiasco that WII was, this success was much needed, and this coming from a Nintendo fan :scoots: