Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many bronies have you met in real life?

zerox

I don't really wear any merchandise, so you wouldn't be able to tell that I'm a Brony, but I have met a Brony on the bus one time on the bus a few years ago. He even had a custom t-shirt on and was reading a comic! In public! 

Another time was when I was at an old job. He posted pictures of Rainbow Dash, so I sent him a few hints that I too, watched the show, but he didn't seem to pick up on them... 

• Brohoof 1

Not that many. I don't get a chance to get out much so I haven't exactly seen many, though I have ran into a few at different times. Didn't discuss it much with them, nor have I seen them again. Other than that, I have a friend who is a brony, he started to watch the show after I introduced it to him. So there is that. :3

(edited)

In real life i have only met a handful. Maybe like 4. Only one of them i liked and am friends with. The other 3...well lets just say they had some issues and made me extremely uncomfortable. Definitely not the kind of people i wanted to be around. Socially inappropriate and oblivious to reality is just the tip of the iceberg on how those 3 that i met acted. I still cringe to this day on some of the shit they did in school *shudders* 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

So, i also concider meeting someone interacting and having talked with that person at least once.

So that makes: 0 + AndyReacts(On Brony Fair 2015) + 2 Others on Brony Fair 2015 + No one at galacon = 3

3 Bronies so far and that on cons and very briefly.

Not much, but I think it's because it's a hard thing to show love for in the real world. And understandably so, the outside world is a harsh and cruel place and adding to the victim radar by expressing your love for the show openly will only attract negative attention. The outside in unpredictable, dangerous and sort of a frontier for humans, the human animal kingdom. And when I did express my love it's in controlled, safe and trusting environments, but being careless about your love for anything outside can attract unwanted attention.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Cl0udChaser said:

I seen like 5 or 6 bronies before at the flea market and spencers.

This is actually we're a goodish chunk of my approximation of 20 come from. Merch hunting or general window shopping has led to a handful of introductions with other adult fans. I actually forgot to include when the kids and I saw Rainbow Rocks we ran into a contingent of six other Bronies that we had lunch with at the cafe area of the threater after the showing. 

So it's likely pushing 30. Does not include casual sighting of people ... these are all individuals I engaged in a full conversation with. 

I've been to many meetups, including two that I was a leader in...

So dozens and dozens.

And that's before you talk about the two conventions that I went to, rubbing shoulders with 1000 of them all weekend long. 

One and a half. The "one" is really into the show (goes to cons and everything). The "half" stopped watching after Twilight became an alicorn. I tried to talk him into watching it again. I don't know if I was successful, though.