Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Design, things I think are wrong, or mis-placed.

Zarosian

Firstly; I'll make it known I don't like this mobile-theme that forums everywhere seem to be taking; but that's irrelevant. 

Stuff wrong with the new design:

• Advert bar appearing despite not checking "opt-in to in site ads" and strengthening adblock (which is the right of an individual to use) removes the whole forum page
  • The "About Me" page on profile should be in front of "Activity" not behind it
  • Profile, Notificaton & Message bar is too far up towards the top of the browser
  • Design isn't as easy on the eyes as the previous one was
  • Cover photo dimensions not specified for ideal resolution

There is probably more I have missed; but this stuff is the main issues I have noticed. The adert part in particular i annoying; HATE sites that force ads in your face even when you choose not to opt-in, and TRY to use an adblocker.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Zarosian said:

Firstly; I'll make it known I don't like this mobile-theme that forums everywhere seem to be taking; but that's irrelevant. 

Firstly I will agree with you on this, at first I thought I might have accidentally set it to mobile compatibility mode ¦S

Second, what's up with this spacing in between these sentences? you could literally fit another sentence in there.

third, has anyone on the PC actually clicked on the "See all followers" part of your profile, it's a blank page except a slither on the right with all of you followers (friends) but it only has 50 on a page so you have to scroll right down an almost empty page just to find out that that space they are wasting could be used on the rest of you friends or at least a smaller page?

forth, there is so much wasted space on the sides of the site (about 6" of a 19" monitor) the that the whole thing is in the middle of the screen and might as well be in windowed mode, on top of that the Icons are huge and I end up having to zoom out to 80%-90% but when you do that the whole page shrinks even more and you end up with the empty sides of the website covering about 40% of the screen, this is clearly designed for mobiles, which is likely a godsend to some but I am a PC gamer and this whole site seems to be very "touch Screen" friendly which is not something I enjoy.

I do apologize If I sound very negative about all this but if I wanted to go on a site designed for the phone then I would likely just go on it on my phone.

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Zarosian said:
  •  
  • The "About Me" page on profile should be in front of "Activity" not behind it

THIS is the bit that annoys me most in honesty, the "About me" page should be the first thing you see on a profile. not a list of activity.

• Brohoof 1

I just signed in (on PC) but so far I must say I DO NOT like the new look. I'm not very good at navigating around the internet or on most sites (what can I say? I'm not tech savvy) and this new setup does not help. When I first joined these forums almost a year ago, I liked it because it was so intuitive and easy to use. Now the look is stark, blank and ugly. My profile, which I had just updated, is a mess now. The About Me section, which should appear before anything else, is now buried under a separate button and throws off the whole effect. Now I'll have to redo it all over again to make it work the way I like it. Also, what happened to my Brohooves? They're all gone. What's the deal there? I hope they haven't been done away with that, because it's part of interacting with the community and I like it. 

I'm about to venture further into the boards, assuming I can find them, so I'm sure I'll find much more to complain about. When I tried to log on yesterday and the site was down, I had assumed it was because of some glitch in the system that had to be fixed. But it looks like it was just a timeout to change everything around. Not good, not good at all. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. :okiedokieloki:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 3

24 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I just signed in (on PC) but so far I must say I DO NOT like the new look. I'm not very good at navigating around the internet or on most sites (what can I say? I'm not tech savvy) and this new setup does not help. When I first joined these forums almost a year ago, I liked it because it was so intuitive and easy to use. Now the look is stark, blank and ugly. My profile, which I had just updated, is a mess now. The About Me section, which should appear before anything else, is now buried under a separate button and throws off the whole effect. Now I'll have to redo it all over again to make it work the way I like it. Also, what happened to my Brohooves? They're all gone. What's the deal there? I hope they haven't been done away with that, because it's part of interacting with the community and I like it. 

I'm about to venture further into the boards, assuming I can find them, so I'm sure I'll find much more to complain about. When I tried to log on yesterday and the site was down, I had assumed it was because of some glitch in the system that had to be fixed. But it looks like it was just a timeout to change everything around. Not good, not good at all. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. :okiedokieloki:

They are running behind I believe and will be put back in a couple of days, much like old status updates.

I agree about the profile though, having it behind activity is boggling. I am not a fan of placing a circle over everyone's avatar, but that is just nitpicking really. Also, I think there is too much white so it is a bit eye straining, some extra color would be nice so it does not blend so badly, but other than that it is just different and will take getting used to.

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I agree about the profile though, having it behind activity is boggling. Also, I think there is too much white so it is a bit eye straining, some extra color would be nice so it does not blend so badly, but other than that it is just different and will take getting used to.

Yes, having all my activity glaring on my front page just seems so out there. I feel like I'm dropping my pants in the middle of the street. It's not as though I mind people seeing my activity, after all, I'm here to post and speak publicly. But it worked much better when it was a little more subtly presented on my profile.

And the glaring white is rather annoying. Oh well. :pout: