Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New does not mean better!

cuteycindyhoney

The wide screen don't bother too much. I got the hang out of navigation (for the stuff I use at least :huh:). Though what I find annoying is that inserting a picture takes a bit longer overall (between the box loading, the url box being ready, etc). Though what bothers me the most is...: I'm not sure how constantly happens with everyone else, but sometimes, when I write, the typing banishes, forcing me to click on the text to write again, ONLY FOR IT TO BANISH AGAIN :angry:. Sometimes it's just an occasional annoyance, but others, it's a pain in the ass to post something :dry:.

Though, something I mean to ask: If I post more than one picture from derpibooru, they no longer copy-overwrite one another? It was annoying to wait a day to post another derpibooru pic out of fear that instead of two pics, there will be duplicates of a single one 

• Brohoof 1

Well, honestly, I'm warming up to it. It's still having to relearn the same old tricks that I wasn't confident to begin with, but I'm willing to give things a shot. Really wish y'all handed out an instruction booklet for this stuff, but I say that about alotta things. Kinda a downer that "Friends" has been removed, and I feel that status updates and the About Me page should be as prominent as they were before. That search function is rather confusing, but I'm getting the reigns put on that issue. No, what really bothers me... Is the Character Lists.

Or Everfree RP, or whatever you may call it. It is an absolute mess over there, i'm sorry to say. Fonts, bold, italics, text color, embedded videos or links, heck, even the keystroke of Enter to jump to a new line were replaced by what looks like command promps that add a ton of text that wasn't there before. On top of that, it seems the divided sections to keep, say the character description, backstory & 'Other" apart has been completely removed and everything is just all piled together like it was all hand written and thrown together on the same lined paper.

...and I have twenty-two OCs this has been done to. That's quite the daunting amount of work to have to go back through to re-remove all the little extra letters, respace things out, redo links & color (yeah, the text color is pretty vital to a few of my guys) especially if a bit from now you devvy fellows decide to rehash it all into another section design & wind up either adding more symbols or removing and doing all that work for me instead. I would like it terribly if one of you kept me updated on changes to the Character Lists, like if I need to get back to cracking down on re-editing all of that.

...because that's time I could spend spewing out yet even more OCs!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have to add my voice the the people complaining. The site was one of the most beautiful, well designed sites I had seen. Now it looks like a generic chatting forum. Please revert it. It's not even the features changing around, it just doesn't look beautiful anymore.

Edited by trademark2

11 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Well, honestly, I'm warming up to it. It's still having to relearn the same old tricks that I wasn't confident to begin with, but I'm willing to give things a shot. Really wish y'all handed out an instruction booklet for this stuff, but I say that about alotta things. Kinda a downer that "Friends" has been removed, and I feel that status updates and the About Me page should be as prominent as they were before. That search function is rather confusing, but I'm getting the reigns put on that issue. No, what really bothers me... Is the Character Lists.

Or Everfree RP, or whatever you may call it. It is an absolute mess over there, i'm sorry to say. Fonts, bold, italics, text color, embedded videos or links, heck, even the keystroke of Enter to jump to a new line were replaced by what looks like command promps that add a ton of text that wasn't there before. On top of that, it seems the divided sections to keep, say the character description, backstory & 'Other" apart has been completely removed and everything is just all piled together like it was all hand written and thrown together on the same lined paper.

...and I have twenty-two OCs this has been done to. That's quite the daunting amount of work to have to go back through to re-remove all the little extra letters, respace things out, redo links & color (yeah, the text color is pretty vital to a few of my guys) especially if a bit from now you devvy fellows decide to rehash it all into another section design & wind up either adding more symbols or removing and doing all that work for me instead. I would like it terribly if one of you kept me updated on changes to the Character Lists, like if I need to get back to cracking down on re-editing all of that.

...because that's time I could spend spewing out yet even more OCs!

The upgrade stuff actually hasn't reached the character databases yet. It's still grinding through other stuff. The upgrade is still occurring in the background, and we're reluctant to poke it too much while it's running in case it causes something else to go bonkers. Once it hits, and finishes, the character db reprocessing, we'll take a closer look at the character sheets and see if we need to do anything further to fix them.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Lunar Echo said:

Well hopefully with time the kinks will be worked out, I wanna know what the sizes are for the profile banners?

There isn't a set size. The thing seems to resize images fed into it automatically, which is annoying.

4 hours ago, Lunar Echo said:

Well hopefully with time the kinks will be worked out, I wanna know what the sizes are for the profile banners?

It depends. The profile banner will adjust the image automatically depending on the viewport. What fits and looks great on a desktop with a larger veiwport will look different on mobile and visa versa. 

This is why you see some banners/cover pics that cut off or have grey bars. 

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Very much agree. I'd been an avid member of this site since 2013, and I've found myself exponentially reluctant to  continue return the to the board each day. Browsing the forum for new threads had become nearly impossible. At this point, I simply have to check each forum for new posts/threads instead of going to the "new posts" section. Mobile is even worse. I don't even bother, and mobile browsing on here used to be my bread and butter. Since the new upgrade, I took a long break and only returned now because of the MLP movie trailer. I used to browse this site for hours. Now I get on once a day and stay for only a few minutes. 

In short: the site is a nuisance to navigate, difficult to browse, and a clunker of a forum. 

Edit: another bad feature is that the character counter covers up the upper right corner of my post, making typos skyrocket in that spot simply because I can't even SEE what I am typing. 

Edited by CT-1138

11 minutes ago, CT-1138 said:

Edit: another bad feature is that the character counter covers up the upper right corner of my post, making typos skyrocket in that spot simply because I can't even SEE what I am typing. 

1200px-WMATA_third_rail_at_West_Falls_Ch

13 minutes ago, CT-1138 said:

Mobile is even worse. I don't even bother, and mobile browsing on here used to be my bread and butter.

I agree that IPS made some curious choices when they made certain decisions and didn't consider adding some popular third part hooks and plug-ins into this version, but I have to ask ... you actually enjoyed the old mobile version of the site? That surprises me considering how many people (here and on other IP.Board forums) hated it.

39 minutes ago, CT-1138 said:

Browsing the forum for new threads had become nearly impossible. At this point, I simply have to check each forum for new posts/threads instead of going to the "new posts" section

I agree the site took some getting used to, but honestly you can actually fine tune what you do and do not want to see now, and remove entire sections if they do not interest you. You can do all sorts of customization to view the forum exactly the way you want to. For example I have set ups for both nothing but status updates and one for only a couple of forums I am interested in. However, I still tend to just tell it to show me the new latest posts and go from there by habit. Play with your tool bar at the top and you can find all sorts of things to make browsing the forum much simpler and more enjoyable. Create your own customs under the activity drop-down.

• Brohoof 1