Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Site donations should be private!

cuteycindyhoney

Why does my profile page now declare to the world that I never donated anything/ This actually makes me angry. How is that anyone's business? What's next? Going to do a IP scan and post my street address? 

In the middle of writing this, an audio ad blasted out and scared the hell out of me! Who the hell set that up? This site is making me angrier by the minute!

• Brohoof 1

May I ask where it says that on your profile and/or have a screenshot? I do not see that anywhere. I think that may only be shown to you.

I think it shows up if you've donated; I'm seeing it on my own profile, so, not donating = not showing up = it's visible to everyone?

Regardless, if it really is something that's now made publically available... it seems inadvisable for that to continue being the case.

• Brohoof 1

I've just looked into it - you can only see your own donations. It does appear on your profile, but only to yourself. Even *I* can't see your donation amount, and in theory I have an all-access pass :P

• Brohoof 2

Quick screenshot of interest, taken while not signed in:

screenshot1.thumb.png.9a6ada2967956c8a48fcf1be29f493e1.png

29 minutes ago, AppleDashPoni said:

I've just looked into it - you can only see your own donations. It does appear on your profile, but only to yourself. Even *I* can't see your donation amount, and in theory I have an all-access pass :P

I've been looking around more, and, by the looks of it if a user has donated, you can see a tab for how much they've donated whether you're signed in or logged out. If the user hasn't donated, there isn't a tab for it in their profile.

Some cases (anonymous donations?) the amount isn't listed, but, the tab still shows up? Not sure.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SFyr said:

I've been looking around more, and, by the looks of it if a user has donated, you can see a tab for how much they've donated whether you're signed in or logged out. If the user hasn't donated, there isn't a tab for it in their profile.

Some cases (anonymous donations?) the amount isn't listed, but, the tab still shows up? Not sure.

Good to know! This is important, and I'll mention this.

9 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Why does my profile page now declare to the world that I never donated anything/ This actually makes me angry. How is that anyone's business? What's next? Going to do a IP scan and post my street address? 

In the middle of writing this, an audio ad blasted out and scared the hell out of me! Who the hell set that up? This site is making me angrier by the minute!

It didn't show my donation 

I helped by chewing on the server wires

that must count as at least 0.01 USD

im also offended its not in pounds

£ are stronger then $

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Yamet said:

I honestly fail to see the problem. It's not like it's something that could be used to doxx you or anything like that, so getting this angry is just silly. 

It discriminates against the poor

Edited by BloodDrops

24 minutes ago, Yamet said:

I honestly fail to see the problem. It's not like it's something that could be used to doxx you or anything like that, so getting this angry is just silly. 

Some people don't like having their transactions being displayed to the public - especially on the internet. ;) 

Perhaps looking into a configuration option that a user can control allowing them to hide donation history and amounts from the public. The tab shouldn't be removed completely, since we no longer have the Nexus driven Client  area of our profiles. It serves as one form of record keeping.

Also, it should be pointed out that current subscribers and donors do receive public recognition, and have in the old software. So telling who is and isn't financially supporting the site is easy. Especially now with the Retired Staff group cleaning it up. Who is supporting the site has never been private per se,  just the history and amounts. 

Oh, and the donation amount total in the header div of the profile is not visible to other members as well. 

I don't care either way if people see my donation history via that tab, but I want to see it.