Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IPB 4.0 Upgrade FAQ & Issues Megathread

Lavo

List for Lavo:

Functional issues:

1. Banned Member profiles are visible, and are showing up in follower lists.
  2. Change Password function in Account Settings needs to redirect to www.Poniverse.net.
  3. User Anonymity function not working.
  4. Donations may be showing in some profiles, depending on the type of donation.
  5. Minimum Character Limits not functioning properly, and is showing up in weird places like status updates?
  6. Minimum Character Limits is counting symbols and punctuations as characters.
  7. Friend system functionality missing (Birthday list links, etc.)
  8. Cannot remove individual Followers.
  9. Notification settings are not granular enough.
  10. Status/post editor sometimes freezing or losing focus making typing longer messages difficult. Seems inconsistent, only happening for some users at some times.
  11. Can't reply to Statuses from main page.
  12. Avatar loading on Silk Browser/Kindle not working.
  13. Emotes posted on a PC are broken on mobile.
  14. Not all Emotes are showing in the editor.
  15. # of replies by a person in a thread missing (might be fixed when indexing/statistics are done)
  16. Donation/Subscription feature not working
  17. Spoiler tags are missing (might be fixed when reformatting finishes)
  18. Signatures not showing up for some people.
  19. No option to open notifications in new tab
  20. Profile messages showing in Status Updates
  21. 'Wait for Mod Approval' function missing.

General Formatting:

1. Post conversion and indexing is still ongoing.
  2. Post counter not showing (likely linked to the post indexing still ongoing).
  3. Profile Activity tab is in front of the actual Profile tab. Should be reversed.
  4. Brohoof counter not showing.
  5. Resource and Rules pages are missing.
  6. Recent Topics/Recent Replies to Topics missing.
  7. Descriptions for Forums are duplicating in places.
  8. Announcements system not functioning as desired.
  9. Avatar size boosts for subscribers no longer working due to 'round' avatar appearance. Avatar is also small relative to post space.
  10. Character Database format broken.
  11. Equestrian Empire Lore articles format broken.
  12. Excessive white space on all pages (spacing between paragraphs and lines seems to be set to 1.5x, editor box is all white, etc.).
  13. MLPF icon missing in Mozilla Firefox
  14. Old warnings taking up screen space on Profiles (only visible to member, but still is rather annoying to look at all the time.)

The 'Description' of each forum now also appears at the top of the page when you go into that forum. That didn't happen before, so the 'Rules' for each forum tended to include a copy of the Description. I've cleaned up some that I found, but ping me with anything like that you find so I can fix it.

Announcements are now... strange. I'm not sure if 'deleting' them gets rid of them for just me, or for everyone (because I'm an Admin). :/

• Brohoof 3

I'm having a couple of issues with the Notification settings. It's set to email me when I receive a message, and I can't toggle it off. I'm also unable to turn site notifications on for the "added into a conversation" option.

• Brohoof 2

While I'm typing a status it sometimes doesn't let me type. I didn't click out of the little status box to type though. (Sorry I'm bad at explaining things)

• Brohoof 1

I can't seem to post in the other thread about the upgrade. Is it supposed to be like that? Because I figured this was the thread to report bugs and the other thread would be for general thoughts.

12 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I can't seem to post in the other thread about the upgrade. Is it supposed to be like that? Because I figured this was the thread to report bugs and the other thread would be for general thoughts.

This should be resolved for you now. Let me know if you have issues in other forums.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Burpy said:

Is not being able to see whole statuses from the main page and reply to them from there a bug or a feature? :C

It does bug me you can't reply directly, so I'll be on the look out for a way to modify this.

• Brohoof 1

Page for viewing the site rules is inaccessible for me atm.

Also more of a question than an issue, but is there any way to use the IP Board theme on the new site? I'm guessing not, but just making sure.

• Brohoof 2

Also, there is no more ''recent topics'' and ''recent replies to topics'' on the main page? that was my main source of replying to threads

8 minutes ago, Lavo said:

This should be resolved for you now. Let me know if you have issues in other forums.

Thanks. I was also having trouble reuploading my avatar on Silk Browser on my Kindle. I used Gravatar on the previous version. That no longer seems to be an option, causing my avatar to disappear. So I went to upload it directly to the site, but whenever I tapped "Choose Single File", nothing happened. I was able to upload it on my phone, but I thought I should still point this out.

23 minutes ago, Hypn0ticD said:

Will there be a mobile mode? All I have is a phone, and may not have an internet connection of my own for some time...

I think what you see on your phone is the mobile version.

1 hour ago, Tangle said:

From the main page when I click the Equestrian Empire Character Database it doesn't do anything.

Found it. They changed where the 'pages' are for the databases, so all the redirects are tweaked. I've got the two character databases working.

• Brohoof 1

Ugh. All the Equestrian Empire Lore articles are borked. They've changed location and even if I put the right location in all the formatting has gone insane. That'll take awhile to fix. :)

In the search page, there is a duplication of "characters" - although it's a minor thing I figured it was still notable enough to go here.

f04c7a228c.png

--- Edit: It's also duplicated in Unread Content:

099ead171d.png

Edited by Miles
Clarification

There are about seven people who are part of my "Followers" that I do not know. I've never spoke with them before and I'd like to remove them. Although, it seems I only have the option to remove everyone from my "Followers" or stop following the people I don't know. Unfollowing them only seems to work on my end, but their still able to receive notifications for when I post new content. 

Is there a way to remove them individually and for them to not receive notifications from me? This problem might just be me not being comfortable with the new layout, but I can't find a way to do it.

Thanks~

Also, if there are multiple messages from me please forgive my mistake. It was accident...Still getting used to the layout and I can't seem to find a way to delete my posts.

Edited by YouMayNykki
  • Brohoof 1

Can an Admin check the min character count setting for Forum Games? I had to type text in one of the image only threads. It also could be an artifact of the editor not recognizing an embedded image link and thinking it's a blank text box.