Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IPB 4.0 Upgrade FAQ & Issues Megathread

Lavo

3 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Found it. They changed where the 'pages' are for the databases, so all the redirects are tweaked. I've got the two character databases working.

All the character pages formatting has been removed.

2 hours ago, Miles said:

In the search page, there is a duplication of "characters" - although it's a minor thing I figured it was still notable enough to go here.

I think I know what that is. There are two character databases, one for free-for-all Everfree RPs, and one for the restricted Equestrian Empire RPs. The Equestrian Empire one *should* be labeled as Equestrian Empire Characters.... but it isn't for some reason. Looking into it.

2 hours ago, Hypn0ticD said:

Whenever I go to the resource page

Yeah, a bunch of pages moved on us, and I'm not quite sure *where* they ended up.

1 hour ago, Red Cedar said:

Could you switch the avatars back to being square? I know this is possible.

Probably. I think Lavo has this on his list to look into.

53 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

My permissions as a mod in PVL section is not working correctly I belive.

I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure where all the permission setups are anymore. The Admin control panels are completely changed as well.

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Can an Admin check the min character count setting for Forum Games? I had to type text in one of the image only threads. It also could be an artifact of the editor not recognizing an embedded image link and thinking it's a blank text box.

The min character count function isn't working properly at all. I believe Lavo is looking into it, when he wakes up again. :)

40 minutes ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

formatting for the OC entries are broken!!

2 minutes ago, Red Cedar said:

All the character pages formatting has been removed.

Yeah, the 'upgrade' is actually still going on, there's a background process grinding through all the pages. It hasn't actually reached any of the character db entries yet. There's a chance that process will fix those pages when it hits them.

• Brohoof 4

Oh, a thread for issues.

1.Dunno if it's coming but there is no brohoof counter anymore

2.You can't go on a users name in the birthday list with the cursor to see if theyare friends except mayby the 5 active ones.

3.BANNED USERS ARE UNBANNED!

4.I also could post in a thread I'm banned from, including reading everything since my ban there

5.Post counter in every thread not showing anymore

Edited by Deae Rising Shine~
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

3. BANNED USERS ARE UNBANNED!

I checked this, and sure enough, it's true... That may need to be a priority bug to fix! :unsure:

22 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I am very angry that my profile now tells the world that I never donated to the site. That should be private. Is it an attempt to shame users into donating? If so, guess what? It won't work.

Only you and staff members can see your donation figures. They're invisible to everyone else.

22 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

3.BANNED USERS ARE UNBANNED!

Would you elaborate, please?

16 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I am very angry that my profile now tells the world that I never donated to the site. That should be private. Is it an attempt to shame users into donating? If so, guess what? It won't work.

There is no such attempt; that I can confirm. The tech-ponies are still working on various configuration issues, so it's gonna take time. I do apologize tho; I can agree with the privacy issue on that.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Yellow Diamond said:

Not, it's not. Please don't assume every feature is intentional. Even if public donation notes were deliberate, we would only do so as a way of thanking those who have donated.

Would you elaborate, please?

Users that where banned completly prior to the update areno longer banned, you can see there profiles(I had over 30+ banned friends that are now showing in my follower list) and they could just come back and post happily

3 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Users that where banned completly prior to the update areno longer banned, you can see there profiles(I had over 30+ banned friends that are now showing in my follower list) and they could just come back and post happily

According to our records users are still banned, so it's possible that with the upgrade banned profiles are now visible, but the users themselves are still unable to access the forums.

Working to clarify...

• Brohoof 3

@Yellow Diamond

Perhaps it's something the regular members cannot see, but it appears that members who have been banned are now regular users again - there's nothing in regards to stating the member is no longer active. 

...And ninja'd by @Deae Rising Shine~

• Brohoof 3

I can't see another members donation amounts. So I believe that should just be visible to the member who donated.

7 minutes ago, Hypn0ticD said:

@Yellow Diamond

Perhaps it's something the regular members cannot see, but it appears that members who have been banned are now regular users again - there's nothing in regards to stating the member is no longer active. 

...And ninja'd by @Deae Rising Shine~

Well, I doubt yearly long banned user goes here and is like "OMG I'm back!"

Tough dunno about others, I think I saw a banned friend, at least not standing in my word list of friends, who at least made one post, dunno tough

Also, I didn't tried it out, but apparently I can(And could) post in a forum game I'm banned from. To not get trouble I didn't post there, but having a reply box and ableto see all posts would let me believe I could just post around there.

Not that I would mind, I miss this thread...

21 minutes ago, Artimis Whooves said:

I can't see/find any of the threads I have previously commented in. When I go to the activity stream/search pages, the only thing that pops up is what I've done today...

This is one of those things running in the background. The upgrade process is only about 5% through rebuilding posts, about 30% through rebuilding statuses. It hasn't even touch re-indexing anything yet, so the search function (which the 'activity' tab *should* be based on) isn't going to work very well yet. Due to the sheer amount of old posts, statuses, and PMs, this is going to take awhile to grind through.

• Brohoof 4

44 minutes ago, Jeric said:

OP can you see the amount I have donated? If not it's a private piece of information. 

I just looked at your profile and didn't see it there. I was so upset when I saw it on mine that I didn't check if it was showing for others.

• Brohoof 3

I've noticed another little bug since posting: the new site seems to be counting symbols and punctuations as characters. Just a minor thing, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention! 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Miles said:

In the search page, there is a duplication of "characters" - although it's a minor thing I figured it was still notable enough to go here.

Ha! I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to find where to fix that, but I did! One of the entries is now 'EqE Characters' as in characters for the Equestrian Empire RP section.

2 hours ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

My permissions as a mod in PVL section is not working correctly I belive.

I think I've fixed that.

• Brohoof 3

Just browsing through my old PMs and no matter which one it is and what page I move to, it's awfully slow on mobile devices no matter if I'm connected to wifi or not. The search function on the messenger is so slow that I've been caught with 504 gateway timeouts.