Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IPB 4.0 Upgrade FAQ & Issues Megathread

Lavo

A rather minor issue; to my knowledge, there's no option for approving followers before they can follow you, similarly to how we could approve friend requests in the old version. It would be nice to have that back. :)

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Flutter Baby <3 said:

The new "cover photo" for profiles...are there  exact  pixel dimensions for it?

Yah I would like to know this, too.

On 3/26/2017 at 4:12 PM, Tangle said:

While I'm typing a status it sometimes doesn't let me type. I didn't click out of the little status box to type though. (Sorry I'm bad at explaining things)

Same here, I have to keep on re-clicking on the chat/quote box in order to type as wanted. May have to copy and paste instead because it's really getting on my nerves...

3 hours ago, VengefulStrudel said:

A rather minor issue; to my knowledge, there's no option for approving followers before they can follow you, similarly to how we could approve friend requests in the old version. It would be nice to have that back. :)

This is not going to go back in. The previous system was more facebook like, and this one is now more twitter like. In places like these, I'd rather not fight the forum software. 

What you're essentially asking is that you want to give permission out to who can receive notifications to new topics and status updates you do. In the old forum, this made sense because you'd receive theirs in return, but in this one you do not, they follow you and you would never receive their activity notifications unless you followed them.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Flutter Baby <3 said:

The new "cover photo" for profiles...are there  exact  pixel dimensions for it?

I've done some experimenting with that feature, and no, there's no exact pixel dimensions. The system appears to resize the picture automatically for the width to match, and then you are able to re-position the picture vertically. However, from my experiments, the height/width ratio appears to be approximately 1:6.

1 minute ago, Fhaolan said:

I've done some experimenting with that feature, and no, there's no exact pixel dimensions. The system appears to resize the picture automatically for the width to match, and then you are able to re-position the picture vertically. However, from my experiments, the height/width ratio appears to be approximately 1:6.

That's seem to be what i noticed as well, with trying different images, they're the same ratio as max signature images for regular users. The uploadable image size seems to be rather small though, 256kb or something. Would it be possible to increase the size?

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

It resizes it? I tried uploading one a couple days ago and it wouldn't let me because it has to be a certain size. Was that fixed since then?

8 minutes ago, Flutter Baby <3 said:

That's seem to be what i noticed as well, with trying different images, they're the same ratio as max signature images for regular users. The uploadable image size seems to be rather small though, 256kb or something. Would it be possible to increase the size?

Probably, but I haven't found that setting in the admin tools yet. With the old version of IP.B, the configuration settings were spread all over with little to no organization. This new version looks prettier back there, but it's still hard to find anything. You still have to guess what the developers were thinking about when they added that particular config setting. Were they looking forward to lunch? Well then, it's somewhere five layers deep under 'General Settings'. But was it time for afternoon nap? Ah, well in that case you have to find it six layers deep under 'Themes'....

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

It resizes it? I tried uploading one a couple days ago and it wouldn't let me because it has to be a certain size. Was that fixed since then?

Oh no, that's not what I meant, sorry. I mean that it zooms in or out of the picture to make the width of the picture 'fit' the width of the space. It doesn't seem to care about the size in pixels, just about the file's memory size.

Also be aware when repositioning the Cover Photo to check mobile (or reduce your browser viewport size) to see how it looks in both views. There is some grey space at the bottom on mobile from people modifying placement in one by moving the image up. 

Hey! I use messaging a lot, and the messaging system has been slow since the update. I understand why since it's such a large update, but everything seems to be speeding up, while messaging speed generally lags for me, to the point where it isn't practical to use. I was just wondering if this is a common issue you guys are working on, and can possibly fix. I generally use mobile, but the speed is the same on all my devices, including PC. Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Blue Snowfire said:

Hey! I use messaging a lot, and the messaging system has been slow since the update. I understand why since it's such a large update, but everything seems to be speeding up, while messaging speed generally lags for me, to the point where it isn't practical to use. I was just wondering if this is a common issue you guys are working on, and can possibly fix. I generally use mobile, but the speed is the same on all my devices, including PC. Thanks! :)

The upgrade is still grinding through rebuilding site. It finally completed all the statuses today, and is still going on posts and PMs. I'm *hoping* the performance on the site, especially with the PMs, will go back to normal once that's done. If not, we'll have to see what we can do. :/

• Brohoof 4

I tried adding an image from an existing URL to a post, but it wouldn't let me. I got as far getting the box where I'm supposed to paste the URL, but when I hit "Insert into post", nothing happened. I tried it on both Silk Browser on my Kindle and Safari on Mac.

1 hour ago, .Wolfe. said:

Not sure if anyone brought this up yet.

wqnJyLF.jpg

When you check to see who brohoofed your posts, brohoofed is misspelled.

@Lavo just wanted to let people who join the hard to broof posts they like! 

And yes that's an inside joke. He'll get it.

Good catch @.Wolfe.!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, .Wolfe. said:

Not sure if anyone brought this up yet.

wqnJyLF.jpg

When you check to see who brohoofed your posts, brohoofed is misspelled.

Whoops. I'll fix that so people aren't broofing each other.

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Good catch @.Wolfe.!

:please:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, bronislav84 said:

I am unable to find a way to force desktop mode on mobile, even though I have my browser set to display desktop

That's because this website is now responsive. Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to force a responsive website to show a its desktop layout :(

I'll take a gander to see if there's something I can do. 

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Good catch @.Wolfe.!

Thanks. It's been 6 days since and I just now noticed that :P 

Posting in here as I notice things...

Will display name history be a viewable thing again? I got a notification from someone...and I have no idea who they actually are, with their current display name. Or if it's on profiles, I can't find it...I'd know who they are if I could see previous names they've gone by.

b6a9290b2ae0464aa781f95d8a5bb7b8.png

I also noticed the brohoof counter popped up the other day on profiles and on posts and then disappeared. 

7 hours ago, Flutter Baby <3 said:

Will display name history be a viewable thing again? I got a notification from someone...and I have no idea who they actually are, with their current display name. Or if it's on profiles, I can't find it...I'd know who they are if I could see previous names they've gone by.

I would say that this would be a benefit for this day in particular, but people know who the heck I am pretty easily. Too many hoofprints so to speak. 

This is not a stock feature in the new software, if I remember correctly. I know that there is a third party staff enhancement that allows them to see name changes but it appears tied to profile editable permissions in its initial version, but the changelog indicates that may have been altered so additional groups can be added. I am guessing the dev and MLPF team would need to look into it and see if it would be workable. Below is the third party link. 

Here

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Flutter Baby <3 said:

I also noticed the brohoof counter popped up the other day on profiles and on posts and then disappeared. 

It also is acting up in other areas. The leader board for example will show a different reputation count briefly and update to a lower count.