Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IPB 4.0 Upgrade FAQ & Issues Megathread

Lavo

Something is wrong about the avatars with no background. For example; i have arranged my avatar which had no background. When i set my avatar, a white circle has appeared behind it. Thats terrible.. Old version of MLP forums havent had that issue. I think this problem must be fixed by tech admins as soon as possible. I hope @Lavo read this..

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest problem I've been having with it is the post count, 200+ of my posts just dissapeared:(

• 9 months later...
(edited)
On 3/26/2017 at 8:07 PM, Red Cedar said:

Could you switch the avatars back to being square?

I second this.  I do not like the round avatars at all.  The only purpose they serve is to clip off the edges of our pictures.  Now my avatar doesn't look right.

Spoiler

Many thanks for promptly putting the avatars back to square.  It is much appreciated.

Edited by Justin_Case001
Issue resolved
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Well, the recent upgrade hath bugged the forum layout slightly (the banner is most obvious example), but I'm sure tis being addressed already.

The round avatars though I consider an issue... and an abomination. Would be awesome, if 't be true the valorous tech team brought our beloved square (and 20% more effective space utilization-wise) avatars.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Alexshy
  • Brohoof 2

On 4/1/2018 at 6:34 AM, Scootaloved said:

I'm unable to edit my member title

I believe you can still ask an admin for this. As for the avatar, I have no idea.

10 hours ago, Alexshy said:

The round avatars though I consider an issue... and an abomination. Would be awesome, if 't be true the valorous tech team brought our beloved square (and 20% more effective space utilization-wise) avatars.

This. They are the default avatar shape and desperately need to go back to the 7th level of hell where they belong. 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Alexshy said:

Well, the recent upgrade hath bugged the forum layout slightly (the banner is most obvious example), but I'm sure tis being addressed already.

Thanks in advance.

Actually not bugged, but reset to default. :P 

Not sure what happened yet (Somepony knows what happened?), but apparently the layout has been reset to the very default. Banner left-align; round avatars; no background etc. etc. is a very basic look of the forum software and it's not a bug, it is just how it looks. It all can be changed, which is what they're probably going to do in the future. :derp: 

Perhaps there were some issues with the theme (site code and stuff), like, some code getting corrupted, due to recent events...? No idea and not my business, just thinking loudly. :adorkable:

On 4/3/2018 at 12:26 AM, Jeric said:

This. They are the default avatar shape and desperately need to go back to the 7th level of hell where they belong. 

:( But I like round avatars.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Recent update issues:

Login form issues still persist! Non-logged ponies need to use Ponyverse generic login to access MLPF (something along those lines);

Blanked Cover photo, despite reupload;

Pony emoticons should really be at the top of the suggestions list.

Please address. Thanks in advance!

• Brohoof 1

I had to reset my password to get back in and was locked out at one point. This site is the only place where I have any friends and is very important to my mental well being, so more or less being BANNED from it for no good or real reason is just a tad upsetting or to put it simply - I AM NOT HAPPY!!!

• The topic was locked

Considering this topic was created specifically to address the initial upgrade to ipb4 well over a year ago, I think it's time for this one to be locked. What I am going to do is take any outstanding issues left in this topic, and new issues reported, and create a new living pinned topic that will house all feature requests and current technical issues. More on that in a little bit. 

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was unpinned