Sign in to follow this  
Nightshroud

weird habits

everyone has a weird habit that they do the stranger the better

When walking down the hallway in my parents house, I would step over the outlet as if it had a tripwire.

(edited)

I bite my arms and hands, not hard enough to bleed, but hard enough to leave a mark.

Other than that,

• Lip biting
  • Fingernail biting
  • Rhythmic arm and leg movements
  • Twirling my hair
  • Rhythmic tapping
  • Rhythmic slapping
  • Picking scabs and acne
  • Pacing back and forth
  • Tugging on my face
  • Pinching myself
  • Waggling my eyebrows
  • Making various sound effects
  • Smashing my fists together
Edited by (-_-) Panzysoldat

(edited)

mine iis popping my bones like fingers toes neck skull arm I also rant to myself in the mirror

Edited by Nightshroud

(edited)
12 hours ago, (-_-) Panzysoldat said:

I bite my arms and hands, not hard enough to bleed, but hard enough to leave a mark.

Other than that,

• Lip biting
  • Fingernail biting
  • Rhythmic arm and leg movements
  • Twirling my hair
  • Rhythmic tapping
  • Rhythmic slapping
  • Picking scabs and acne

I do all of those, with the exception of the biting and the hair twirling.

Also, I can carry on entire conversations with myself when no one is around. I never talk to myself when people are around, though. I guess I just feel uncomfortable in complete silence.

Edited by Prospekt

7 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I do all of those, with the exception of the biting.

Also, I can carry on entire conversations with myself when no one is around. I never talk to myself when people are around, though. I guess I just feel uncomfortable in complete silence.

huh I do the same

One of my weird habits is to mentally repeat "Sorry" over and over in my head if I don't make eye contact with or smile at other people while passing them on the street. There's also always the bad habit of picking at the skin of my fingers until I accidentally make them bleed - and that's been going on for years already.

As of late, whenever I have a can of soda, I tend to shake it a little bit before raising the can to my ears so that I can hear the bubbles fizz. It doesn't annoy anyone so I continue doing it without provocation.

I have a tendency to writhe about and fidget like I've got an itch I can't reach and I'm trying to scratch it by rubbing against something. It must look funny to others but it's something that I sometimes do. I also crack my knuckles. 

Oh, and I tend to apologize for lots of things; doing things, not doing things, doing things wrong, and so on. I don't know, I just like to please people and I don't often think I'm succeeding. :rarity: 

every day I stress myself out because I miss my father who died in Oct of last year.

I curl a finger and use it to knock repeatedly on one of my teeth. I don't even do it on my teeth in general, just this particular tooth. 

Badges

When I am stressed out or am really thinking hard, I run my hands through my hair.

I always move my glasses up so even when it not falling off or..... when I didn't wear them.  

Dreaming about fictional situations while on the train or such and then smiling for no reason.

I have a tendentcy to to hold something in my left hand to keep it from shaking

Whenever I get frustrated with myself, I have been known to punch myself in the head as hard as I can, or slam it against a wall or a table. I don't know why, it just happens. I also have an intense awareness of germs, and feel the need to shower for about 4 hours everyday, as well as where white gloves in private. In fact, I am in the shower right now, as I type these words. Rather inconvenient.

Oh I have a plethora of them:

• I wander aimlessly around the house quiet a lot.
  • For some reason, I start hitting my leg when I'm in agony sometimes.
  • I talk to "myself" a lot. Much more often than I talk to others (which doesn't say much).
  • I occasionally rhythmically tap the rhythm something in my head.
  • I occasionally move to some odd rhythm or beat at times. Probably because of being in a Marching Band for 5 years.
  • I also crack my wrists, knuckles, and neck sometimes.

Those among probably other things that I didn't list as well.

usually when im bored these come about.... in the office on a slow day mostly. 

I will bend paperclips until they snap, or shape them in different ways, sometimes around my finger.

fiddle with an elastic band on my hand. 

make my fingers "run like a horse".... usually my 2nd and 3rd finger (thumb is 1st) and match pace like a horses forelegs if that makes sense.... since i noticed when I was a kid that horse legs are jointed the same as our fingers. So it went from playing to a bored quirk. 

Sometimes i walk into the bathroom and just stand there staring at the wall, it's quite entertaining. 

Every time I go to bed I always try to play out a new scene in my mind to give an example of what I want my dream to be like and I always go to sleep after "I am ...." then I just fall asleep, my suggestions have only worked I believe 3-4 times and I've done this for months.

I twirl a pencil around in my hand for much of the day, even when I'm at work. It doesn't distract from my work. It's a habit I developed when I was in the process of quitting cigarettes and tobacco. It worked, but now I have to do this. Also, I constantly rub my hands and face together. No real reason. I've done it since I was a kid.

I also sometimes turn on the shower and then just sit n the floor and nap to simulate the sound of rain.

sometimes I stand in a corner in a room for no real reason