Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(PRIVATE) A Shadow of Love (1x1 with Shyeep)

Sphinx-Ara

(OOC HERE)
@shyeep

It was mid evening, when Shadow Step, Luna's highest ranked Night Guard and most trusted advisor and confidant was doing his nightly rounds of the castle and it's grounds. He was thinking about the fun he used to have whenever he helped Luna in the past, but those days were long gone. He was soon snapped out of his thoughts how-ever, when he had heard heard what sounded like soft sniffing and sobbing, coming from Luna's chambers none the less.

Straightening his uniform, he goes over to her door and knocks on it."Princess? Your highness?" he asks softly.

The mare was busy straightening herself before letting anyone see her cry, if she was seen crying over such a childish matter, she would look unprofessional--but everytime she tried to hold in her tears, it kept spilling from her eyes, sighing, she said, "Come in." She said in a weak, tired voice, rather than her usual proud voice. She sighed, getting onto her hooves, wiping her teary-eyed face with a tissue before bracing herself and straightening her posture to face her advisor.

"Is there something of the matter?" She asked, putting the tissue away, giving him a small smile.

• Brohoof 1

Stroking a hand through his mane, he gently opens the door to Luna's chambers and slowly walks in. "Your highness? What is troubling your heart? Why are you crying?" he asks then goes to sit down somewhere "Please tell your most trusted guard and adviser what is making the Princess of the Night so sad" he says as he then finds a spot on the bed and sits down on the edge. "The only thing that is the matter with me, is that I am hearing my princess cry"

• Brohoof 1

The princess kept a straight face, though you could easily see her eyes still puffy from tears. "It's a foolish matter, nothing I should want to remember in the future." She said stubbornly, shaking her head. "Thank you for being worried, however, I'm sure you must finish your nightly rounds." She said, stubbornly, focusing on something else, just for him to not make eye contact with her, if he did, she would surely give in. She had an itch to fly right out of her room and just clear her head in the clouds.

Edited by shyeep
  • Brohoof 1

Shadow sighs and shakes his head as he goes over to her and gently lifts up her chin with a single finger and smiles softly at her "My dear Princess, part of being your most trusted guard and adviser is making sure that you are alright" he says then looks out the window, having an idea, he then looks at her "How about we go for a flight, that way you can then tell me what is troubling your heart so, away from prying eyes and ears, and with only me and the night skies to listen to you?"

She thought about it for a second, sighing and giving the stallion a curt nod, "Very well, I've been itching to escape from here anyway." She said, letting her wings spread as she stared behind her, smiling in adoration of the night's wonder, how the stars would perfectly light up the dark sky, bringing the lonely princess a feeling of nostalgia from her past, making her want to cry all over again. "Let's not stand around then," She said looking almost too excited, picturing herself flying freely--her expression belonging to that of an excited child.

Quickly, she took his hoof with hers, approaching her balcony, using him as a support, she stepped on the railing of her balcony, ready to help him up the railing should he need a boost upwards.

Shadow smiles as he too climbs onto the railing and unfurling his wings. A scar that only he could have was pretty clearly visible underneath his left wing. He chuckles a little as he flies off after her.

As he does, he smiles as he sees a familiar site, the first constelation they ever made together. Standingtrue and bright for an eternity, just like his love for her.

She doesn't seem to remember the constellation all that well, but a feeling of nostalgia makes its way into her heart, leaving her to wonder what the constellation was. "Shadow Step..? That constellation seems familiar, don't you think?" She says, looking up in wide-eyed wonder, feeling as if the breeze was taking her away. 

Shadow smiles and nods "Indeed it is familiar my princess, it is one you created after all" he says and smiles at her, some more of his original features and markings starting to show as he continued to fly with her, he was having a hard time trying to not tell her who he truly is right on the spot though.

She nods curtly, "I suppose so, I have created many of them, after all.." She says, smiling sadly, remembering the time she created a star with her beloved, she wondered what happened to him after she was consumed by Nightmare Moon. "Say, have you seen a stallion? An alicorn at that?" She asked, a little hopeful.

Shadow chuckles as he flies in front of her "Starting to remember someone?" he asks, still flying in front of her as some of his original markings become clearer and more visible, as well as a horn bump on his head. He smiles "I might know of said stallion, tell me, your highness, what was his name?"