Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Clop SECTION

Lenny

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Good luck with that. Like I said, that's not enough space.

well I mean if the fanclubs have enough space... nsfw thread should have enough

22 minutes ago, KrazyDashie said:

well I mean if the fanclubs have enough space... nsfw thread should have enough

That's different. Different fanclub's; different threads

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

That's different. Different fanclub's; different threads

its kinda the same if you look at it. a nsfw megathread would work.

either way it is a kid friendly forum and having nsfw content is against the rules... isn't it?

As I am one of the younger members here, I don't approve of clop.

There are plenty of other places to post/discuss of it. And pretty much every rule in every section of the forums says no NSFW content. I also have read a post about NSFW content can't be allowed due to younger members of the forums (Like me), can stumble across it. Really the only place I can think of for clop is FIMFiction. 

(This advice is probs outdated by the time I post of it. ._.)

• Brohoof 6

I wouldn't deem it as necessary. There's a lot of members on this forum who are under the age of 18 and exposing that kind of content will give, not only the forum, but Poniverse a bad name.

It's a controversial matter for members, but the service would be better off without it. It's one of those "What if" moments. For example; Jimmy is browsing the forums and leaves his PC unoccupied for a brief moment. Jimmy's family member comes in his room to drop off some washing that needs to be put away. She sees the PC and curiously clicks the thread. Boom, R34. she loses her temper, Jimmy gets scolded, family member stereotypes the forums as a "bad place".

A little bit of a melodramatic example, but you never know. Again, it's a "what if".

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Good luck with that. Like I said, that's not enough space.

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

You may actually be missing out on an intriguing opportunity. You profess to be interested in opening a dialog defending r34 in the fandom, using specificity that that is your sole intention (the word 'just'). You wanted to do so in a video format. Great. Go through the thread I linked and find replies that you want to address. Create a series of video responses to members making sure to use specific points you disagree with as jumping off points for conversation on the topic. Provided you keep to the NSFW rule and the specific rues in the Clop Thread, the staff should have no issue with you posting a YouTube video discussing your views on fandom r34.

You keep talking about space. Not sure if you mean structure (multiple threads each with their own specific topic), but the best conversations arise organically. Just stick to the OP in the thread and talk about your opinion.  Beyond that, perhaps if you elaborated on what you mean by 'not enough space' we might better understand your suggestion. 

54 minutes ago, Jeric said:

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

You may actually be missing out on an intriguing opportunity. You profess to be interested in opening a dialog defending r34 in the fandom, using specificity that that is your sole intention (the word 'just'). You wanted to do so in a video format. Great. Go through the thread I linked and find replies that you want to address. Create a series of video responses to members making sure to use specific points you disagree with as jumping off points for conversation on the topic. Provided you keep to the NSFW rule and the specific rues in the Clop Thread, the staff should have no issue with you posting a YouTube video discussing your views on fandom r34.

You keep talking about space. Not sure if you mean structure (multiple threads each with their own specific topic), but the best conversations arise organically. Just stick to the OP in the thread and talk about your opinion.  Beyond that, perhaps if you elaborated on what you mean by 'not enough space' we might better understand your suggestion. 

I personally don't like the idea of that, it's really unorganized. I mean, someone might want to talk about why people clip, while another person might want to talk about "clop memes".. or something. Putting a whole bunch of different subjects in one thread makes it hard to follow. I mean, people need space to be more noticed, such as a title of a thread in a section, otherwise it's just going to be the inside of my desk (a whole bunch of tangled wires).

(edited)
1 hour ago, Master Link said:

I wouldn't deem it as necessary. There's a lot of members on this forum who are under the age of 18 and exposing that kind of content will give, not only the forum, but Poniverse a bad name.

It's a controversial matter for members, but the service would be better off without it. It's one of those "What if" moments. For example; Jimmy is browsing the forums and leaves his PC unoccupied for a brief moment. Jimmy's family member comes in his room to drop off some washing that needs to be put away. She sees the PC and curiously clicks the thread. Boom, R34. she loses her temper, Jimmy gets scolded, family member stereotypes the forums as a "bad place".

A little bit of a melodramatic example, but you never know. Again, it's a "what if"

Here is my theory that might solve it:

When someone clicks on the clop section, they will be taken to a page, that only verified users can access. This page has no NSFW content on it.

It has text in bold red saying "an email will be sent to your email to request access to this section" or something on the lines of that. Of their age is less than 18 when they logged on, say something like "unable to grant permissions"

When they have all this, accept regulations, they or the parents will receive an email to grant permission to NSFW area. If accepted, they could go on and do what they want, and pure clop will optionally be allowed.

An added age gate would be good to have aswell.

Clip = clop. It's autocorrect.

Edited by Lenny
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, KrazyDashie said:

its kinda the same if you look at it. a nsfw megathread would work.

either way it is a kid friendly forum and having nsfw content is against the rules... isn't it?

Meh. I'm hoping for something bigger. NSFW content BN is against the rules, but someone could add exceptions

23 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

Every site related to the fandom is not, and should not be required to have a NSFW section. Besides, there are other sites for that. 

There are active forums where you can discuss the intricacies of clop related materials? Would you kindly point me in the direction of such a wondrous paradise? :o

Every site I have been to is either anti "lewd" stuffs: Mlp forums, Ponychan, EQD

Or childish and cringeworthy: /mlp/, deviantart, derpibooru

^Also, the majority of those aren't proper forums. Imageboards, and blogs aren't exactly conducive to in-depth discussions with multiple hotlinked images per post

Edited by ChocolateCrane
  • Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, Jeric said:

PII means personal identifiable information and PID is personal identifiable data. Others refer to it as SPI. There is 'direct' and 'linked' PII. An age gate would not protect every minor. A proper risk assessment should be done by staff on protocols and internal policy that the users don't see or experience, but they do. 

Its not the forums job to protect minors. Its not anyone's job but the parents to dictate what they can/cannot see. What a policy like this does is cause unnecessary censorship, and forces an ideological agenda.... Its also a policy that alienates an entire subset of the fandom, which is very Unloving, and non-tolerating of the forums to do.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Malcontent said:

Wait why is this an issue? If you want clopping you can find it easily. 

You don't need a section to host it x.x 

Some of us aren't satisfied with just clopping.

In fact, a select few of us (myself included) actually prefer to critique and discuss clop related materials; whether it be visual art, text based, you name it!

Talking about stuff I am passionate about is one of my favorite things to do. If we just settled for doing those things instead of talking about them, sites like MLP Forums would be pointless, since "you could just go watch the show instead". :3

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

Some of us aren't satisfied with just clopping.

In fact, a select few of us (myself included) actually prefer to critique and discuss clop related materials; whether it be visual art, text based, you name it!

Talking about stuff I am passionate about is one of my favorite things to do. If we just settled for doing those things instead of talking about them, sites like MLP Forums would be pointless, since "you could just go watch the show instead". :3

You must however acknowledge that the topic can be off putting to certain groups. 

How could you ensure the proper people were allowed in and not minors? How could you safeguard such things. There are laws in some countries and nations against minors being exposed to such materialit leaves mlpforums.com in an...actionable position.

Discuss it to your hear tr s content bit you don't see Disney with a r34 section x.x cartoon network doesn't have spoonge forum...

As much as I can respect the actual artwork and clopping fiction itself ( and let's be honest alot of it is just horribleno real motivation or character development no real structure:/ ) being discussed for the sake of literary and possibly even discussion group fodder I personally can't see this forum system allowing such if it wishes to remain mainstream. And mainstream keeps us afloat. 

Honestly why not make your own site? :) then your vision can be untarnished and your goals unobstructed for proper discussion and dissection of the subgenre that is Clop. 

:)

Interestingly enough, things along these lines were very recently discussed internally at Poniverse. My personal belief is that such a section would not hurt the forums, as long as it was an opt-in and only allowed for those members who are 18 years of age or older. If we want to be a forum to cater to the entire fandom, then we should do our best to cater to everyone's interests, even those that might make some people uncomfortable (hence why it would be opt-in). Legal issues were discussed as well, and I think the conclusion is that if a user lies about their age to gain access, that is not an issue that would land Poniverse in legal trouble. If staff found out, of course, they'd be immediately removed and potentially even banned.

This is something that needs more discussion between myself and the staff of MLPF, but who knows - this suggestion could actually become a reality :P

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, AppleDashPoni said:

Interestingly enough, things along these lines were very recently discussed internally at Poniverse. My personal belief is that such a section would not hurt the forums, as long as it was an opt-in and only allowed for those members who are 18 years of age or older. If we want to be a forum to cater to the entire fandom, then we should do our best to cater to everyone's interests, even those that might make some people uncomfortable. Legal issues were discussed as well, and I think the conclusion is that if a user lies about their age to gain access, that is not an issue that would land Poniverse in legal trouble. If staff found out, of course, they'd be immediately removed and potentially even banned.

This is something that needs more discussion between myself and the staff of MLPF, but who knows - this suggestion could actually become a reality :P

I stand corrected then. It seems clop is being tendered on the floor for vote x.x 

Keep in mind the stigma and the consequences of the actions. It would be very easy to make this an unsavory site in the eyes of the public. 

We all know how far people are going with their beliefs and such in this electronic age. 

I'd hate to think with the end of Internet privacy coupled with this your employers can now look up your net history and find a clop section. 

Imagine the damage that could do to more conservatives..employers...

7 minutes ago, Malcontent said:

Honestly why not make your own site? :) then your vision can be untarnished and your goals unobstructed for proper discussion and dissection of the subgenre that is Clop. 

Well, I have absolutely no experience when it comes to such things lol.

As for your other question, I think they could lock the NSFW content behind an age wall based on the members' age. Sure, anyone can lie about their age, but by that logic, they could go out and find nasty stuff anywhere else on the internet with no restrictions either. It would be cool to have an "adults only" section on a forum like this xD

• Brohoof 4

Well, I have absolutely no experience when it comes to such things lol.

As for your other question, I think they could lock the NSFW content behind an age wall based on the members' age. Sure, anyone can lie about their age, but by that logic, they could go out and find nasty stuff anywhere else on the internet with no restrictions either. It would be cool to have an "adults only" section on a forum like this xD

I didn't realize we were still doing things "cuz they are cool". I was hoping we did things with a clear head and an objective view. To use emotions to make any decision is dangerous when it affects so many. :/ 

1 minute ago, Malcontent said:

I didn't realize we were still doing things "cuz they are cool". I was hoping we did things with a clear head and an objective view. To use emotions to make any decision is dangerous when it affects so many. :/ 

My word choice was meant to convey the excitement at the novelty of a "adult section" on a forum meant to discuss a show about cute, cuddly cartoon ponies xD

It is rather ironic to say the least

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

There are active forums where you can discuss the intricacies of clop related materials? Would you kindly point me in the direction of such a wondrous paradise? :o

You have Google in front of you don't you? Try that.

• Brohoof 2

My word choice was meant to convey the excitement at the novelty of a "adult section" on a forum meant to discuss a show about cute, cuddly cartoon ponies xD

It is rather ironic to say the least

The irony is not lost on me, believe me. I'm told I write rather dark. 

The issue remains that I do not see the purpose aside from" I want this" as the reasoning. Would it being in more revenue? Make the site unique? Or would it just be a lazy persons tool to find clop because they can't type in rule 34s address? 

That's my main issue not that could we but..why would we? We already have the stereotype that most adult fans are idiot man children or creepy old men, now were almost reinforcing that by asking for trouble. X.x 

Wed be sacrificing class for cool. 

2 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

You have Google in front of you don't you? Try that.

See this is what I mean. You can even just ask Google to find you clop. You don't even have to type it x.x 

This seems by far just a reason to not have an additional tab on your browser open.