Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Idea regarding user badges

Instead of having the titles we have now (E.g Muffin,blank flank,Brony,etc) We Could Have a new, updated version of then (E.g Filly,God tier,Artist,ect) I can send feld0 the new things and see if he approves of them. We Can Have More than one at a time! I Have all of them at the ready!

(Mods can you please send this to canterlot castle ASAP)

Have a nice day and if your new Welcome to the herd!

• Brohoof 1

I think the titles are fine.

However, a sub-system of unofficial titles that are neat little icons that say Artist, or Writer, or Graphic Designer, etc might be cool for those people who do those things and get recognized for it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The badges are a gift in themselves. They haven't been around that long anyways, and the names are original and good. If you want to have a personal stamp of what you are, just use a signature. You can donate and then change what it says above your avatar as well. That's my opinion. I like the current system.

However, a sub-system of unofficial titles that are neat little icons that say Artist, or Writer, or Graphic Designer, etc might be cool for those people who do those things and get recognized for it.

Or just use a signature, or put it in your avatar like Jokuc does. Edited by Dragonshy

The badges are a gift in themselves. They haven't been around that long anyways, and the names are original and good. If you want to have a personal stamp of what you are, just use a signature. You can donate and then change what it says above your avatar as well. That's my opinion. I like the current system.

Or just use a signature, or put it in your avatar like Jokuc does.

Not as flexible, and can't always be incorporated as one might want it to in banners and avatars with this places' especially limited space. And then text, pfft, text is boring |'D

And if you do several things ? :P

The current system is a bit confusing, but it makes sense when you think about. It seems just fine to me.

I think the current titles are fine.

Now, if you think these go under the current titles like I'm a squrrel right now then underneath it says I'm an artist, that'd be cool and I would approve of that^^

(edited)

that sounds like a good idea. change things up a bit. change is nice.

I agree Scoots...I change is good. The idea is as good as Rainbow Muffins :) Edited by DerpyDash
  • Brohoof 1

Change is nice I agree, adding more like Artist, etc etc is a good idea, but the blank flanks, muffin > > > is nice the way it is in my opinion.

Love the idea tho ;)

No, I'm fine with the titles we have now, but I think maybe a special group for writers, artists and musicians could be good.

How does one qualify for addition to such a group? Is there a minimum level of quality required for consideration? Who judges the quality of a user's work?

In my opinion this sort of thing is more likely to breed jealousy, resentment, and elitism than it is to provide any sort of practical benefit to the forum. Personally, I think the badges we have presently are quite ideal.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

We Could Have a new, updated version of then (E.g Filly,God tier,Artist,ect) We Can Have More than one at a time! I Have all of them at the ready!

post-466-0-47262000-1341435934.png

If these are the badges you're referring to, we're not interested in stealing them from friendshipismagic.org.

• Brohoof 1