Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anything you absolutely hate doing?

child of the night

Every once in awhile I would think back about things that I absolutely wont do because of some reason I had made up. For a small amount of time I would tell people that I had riped a muscle or "had to rest for medical reasons" to get out of physical activity because I was kinda lazy. Recently however due to some actual medical reasons I hate appearing in pictures that anyone takes to the point where I will pay attention if a group I'm in wants a group photo and specifically take it myself. People have started a game around my school where the objective is just to get a photo of my face and to this point I"m so on my guard that nobody has successfully gotten one. Now however I am in an awkward position where my brother who is getting married asked me to be a groomsman (which is already weird since I am a girl) and I know I will have to get photos taken of me regardless of my choice.

So is there anything that you people hate to do or avoid doing almost all the time?

• Extreme physical activity
  • Talking to people (though I would rather use "dislike" here)
  • Nothing (However hypocritical that may sound...)
  • Waking other people up (I can't find it in myself to do it...)
Edited by Nerdy Luigi
  • Brohoof 1

I hate doing any activitys that seem to be useless or unnecessary to me. Doing smal talk would be such a thing.

Plus I hate to be around bigger groups for a longer time... and when I am, I just want to be at home reading a book or something the whole time :P 

• Brohoof 3

• Talking to people
  • Jamming useless materials just for the sake of exams. 
  • writing 10 pages paper on a topic that only meant to be explained in 4 pages. (*to the professor: "why don't you write it if you're so tied in to it?")
  • constantly telling workers that they're not doing their job when you ask them to "do one job."
Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

Scrubbing the shower. I do it monthly to clean up the soap scum but it's a really good way to ache your fingers.

Didn't know so many people here are asocial though.

Abiding by social standards...

Socializing at unnecessary moments

Relinquishing self interested habits for a duality of nihilistic physical purpose

There are a lot of things I dislike, but disliking things is a flirtatious relationship with the activity in my subconscious, because once I get started I tell myself I hate it but I am in love once it is a product of routine...

haha and OP I dislike having my picture taken as well, because I am definitley someone that looks better outside the photos, although I went through like a phase 5 of my enlightenment recently and found that it is uglier to deem a moment in time as characteristic, than to allow someone to remember a moment that may actually mean something to them. A lot of people are on that filter, crop edit thing, and I used to do that to photos to add the effect, but someone gets a picture of me drunk at a party or at a social event you realize there are many faces that make up who you are, not the one you choose to identify with because you think it is the "best looking you"

Edited by Rose Coil
  • Brohoof 2

Honestly? Going to concerts.

I used to love going to them and seeing bands preform, but over time I started to resent it. It depends on who's preforming, but I hate it mostly because of the crowds/lines. I remember going to Winter Jam 2016 last year, and I stood in a huge crowd for what seemed like hours. Another problem with this is that no matter the actual temperature, if I'm surrounded by more than 8 people, I start sweating. A lot. (Remember: This was in winter, so I had a huge coat on.) So basically, I stood there waiting for the doors to open, standing in my own uncomfortable sweat.

• Brohoof 1

I hate watching Advertisements. I hate how perfect a lot of Advertisements try to be.

I also really hate going on the subway. I don't like being in those cramped conditions. I also don't like being underground it makes me very uncomfortable, I feel far too clutter-phobic. 

Edited by Greyooi
Wanted to add more.

Doing something that requires me to be in a large standing crowd (though sitting at an event doesn't really bother me). I start to feel a bit claustrophobic when I'm enclosed by a ton of people.

Public speaking.

Small talk. :okiedokieloki:

Cleaning (though I'm not terribly organized).

Driving. I'm not fearful of it; I hate the lack of common sense and courtesy on the roads today. :P So I prefer walking or riding my bike.

• Brohoof 1

Homework, or any schoolwork in general

Cats

People arguing with me for no reason at all, bullies, people who put no effort into anything and that sorta group

Political stuff taken way off the scale and blown to proportions it shouldn't be in

Ads

Sports

Waking up

• Brohoof 2

waking up early: don't like to wake up early let me sleep

admitting I need therapy: sometimes I hate admitting I need help with certain issues of mine.

dealing with pointless drama: no use in it really its just yelling and screamin over minor things.

• Brohoof 1

Shovelling snow--especially the wet kind. Whenever it snows, I usually am the one who has to go outside and shovel it much to my sheer annoyance.

I hate talking on the phone. It seems unnatural and I can't communicate properly when I'm unable to read the expression on someone else's face or when I can't tell when they want to conclude and hang up. Writing messages on forums or via email are different because I can collect my thoughts, compose my words with care and make edits as necessary. There's less need to read whether I'm being annoying to someone when I can take my time writing things out. :rarity: 

I also hate waking up early in the morning, especially to the scream of an alarm clock. I figure if anyone has to get up by such a method, it runs contrary to nature and therefore should be avoided. Why should the whole world function by the same eight business hours with little deviation? I'm a night person by nature and I always wish I could do all my living and working at night. Waking up in the evening seems very natural for me and is vastly preferred. :orly:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Folding clothes after laundry. I detest it to no end. If I could bribe someone else to do it, I would gladly do so.

Extended conversations via texting. Just call me if you have that much to say, that way I don't have to babysit a phone constantly.

Other than that I am pretty easy going and don't let things bother me too much.

• Brohoof 1

I can't stand being the center of attention. I absolutely hate it as it makes me a train wreck of anxiety and extremely uncomfortable. Having to get up in front of a large group of people is enough to make me want to be sick. Class presentations were a nightmare. It wasn't as bad if i was in a group, i could deal with it but in a select few cases where i have to be up there alone its just terrible. 

Other things i hate are making small talk especially if i don't know the person. With friends i have no problem talking with them but in settings where i don't know who i am talking too it makes it very difficult and awkward. 

Edited by DayShadow

1. I hate asking for stuff from people: I always feel really bad if I ever ask anyone for anything, like money, a ride to somewhere or whatever. I can hardly ever bring myself to do it and often I just don't altogether.

2. I hate going into really crowded places, especially alone: I have tons of anxiety issues and being in a place like a crowded store, it makes me incredibly nervous.

3. I hate phone conversations: Not to be confused with something like a Skype voice conversation. For some reason, I am terrible at phone talking. I am always so awkward and I can never think of words to say.

4. Like @Nerdy Luigi, I haaaaate waking people up for any reason. That is another thing that makes me feel bad and plus I am just very awkward when it comes to that.

• Brohoof 1

I signed up to the gym for the first time last week.

I hate going to the gym already.

:lol:

• Brohoof 1

Definitely talking on the phone. It's not that I do not like talking, I just find that talking on the phone is awkward. I feel like I'm chained to my phone and can't really do anything else. I'm a multitasker. Think me rude, but I like to be do other things while conversing. I suppose nowadays we do have the whole speaker phone option, so perhaps my excuse here is now irrelevant. =P