Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Viscra's MIDI Music Request Thread (CLOSED INDEFINITELY)

Viscra Maelstrom

okay, so i've been thinking about doing this for a while, and this forum seems like a good place to start. i've been thinking about taking commissions for making MIDI music, but i'm not sure if i'm reliable enough to take on them. so, i'm gonna start soft and warm up with a reques thread first.

what is MIDI music?

some of you may wonder what exactly MIDI music is. well, i'm talking about composing music into General MIDI format. if you've played old DOS and PC games like Doom, King's Quest and Daggerfall, then you've heard MIDI music. GM music can be played back with a variety of different playback devices and soundfonts; once i finish a song, you can play your MIDI with your playback device of choice, but i'll be composing music with the Microsoft synth's capabilities in mind. this means you'll get music that sounds roughly like this:

the rules!

- you claim a slot by posting in this thread. first come, first serve! i'll start by limiting myself to 3 slots to begin with.

- you give me a description of what kind of music you want. it can be a theme for your character, a random idea you have, or even a cover of an existing song. i'll post examples of my work below, so you may listen to what i am able to do.

- the idea itself can be as simple or complex as you want, but try not to overwhelm me. a simple description should work just fine (e.g. "i want a song for my ponysona, he is a bright and cheerful pony, but can get testy when it comes to sports" or "i want a song about rainbow farts").

- once i have finished your request, i won't redo it. these are free requests, after all, and i don't wanna get hung-up on existing ideas.

- i reserve the right to decline requests, whether it be because i don't understand your idea, am unable to work with it, or otherwise. i'm doing this on my free time, so i think a little leeway is fine.

- i usually work pretty fast, but be patient! i'll get to finish your request eventually

what do you get?

you will receive a 320 kbp/s MP3 of the song, and a copy of the MIDI file for use in whatever you'd want it for!

this is the type of music i am competent at making and what you can expect to get from me. please note that what i'll finish for you may vary from what idea i get and other factors:

electronic music and metal

this is what i'm the most experienced with. you'll get a high-energy banger at decent length.

Example 1

Example 2

ambient/relaxed music

this is less hectic music, not so focused on being hard and loud. can either be dark and mysterious or lighter and relaxing.

Example 1

Example 2

covers

i am fairly good at transcribing covers of songs. do note that i may decline your cover request if the song is too complex for me to make out properly.

Example 1 - Original for comparison

Example 2 - Original for comparison

other kinds of music?

i'm definitely open for suggestions in making other kinds of music, but this is what i'm most likely to make for you. this can of course change depending on what idea you're giving me, but what i posted above is what i'm the most skilled in making, and what you're likely to end up with from a requesting me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

i think that should be enough information to get this thread started. here's to hoping it'll turn out well!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

request list:

Edited by Viscra Maelstrom

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello this request shop seems interesting would you mind making music for my oc? I will probably use it for my youtube channel intro if that's ok with you of course I will credit you and post a link to whatever site you want so the information will be down below.

I was looking to have something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiTdaa931s8

Thank you if you choose to do this for me.

Edited by chaosprincess

Hello saw your thread and decided to post a request. So could you please make music for my OC? I was thinking something similar to this 

Thank you if you do choose to do this.

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion

28 minutes ago, Burpy said:

what about MIDI version of this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q14zxERnpc

okay, that seems like it'd be simple enough for me to do. you'll get the first slot!

16 minutes ago, chaosprincess said:

Hello this request shop seems interesting would you mind making music for my oc? I will probably use it for my youtube channel intro if that's ok with you of course I will credit you and post a link to whatever site you want so the information will be down below.

I was looking to have something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiTdaa931s8

Thank you if you choose to do this for me.

music for your youtube channel, eh? does that mean you'd want it to be pretty short, or a full song like what you posted here? in either case, i think i can handle it, so you'll get the second slot.

5 minutes ago, PrincessOfCompassion said:

Hello saw your thread and decided to post a request. So could you please make music for my OC? I was thinking something similar to this 

Thank you if you do choose to do this.

hmm, that seems pretty straightforward for me to do. you'll get slot three!

and that's all the slots full for now! check back later for when i'm finished with these current requests. :)

4 minutes ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

okay, that seems like it'd be simple enough for me to do. you'll get the first slot!

music for your youtube channel, eh? does that mean you'd want it to be pretty short, or a full song like what you posted here? in either case, i think i can handle it, so you'll get the second slot.

and that's all the slots full for now! check back later for when i'm finished with these current requests. :)

I would like it to be a full song if that's ok with you and thank you for choosing mine looking forward to hearing it.

okay, @Burpy, i just finished your request here. that includes the little silly flute interlude in the middle, and the xylophone at the end. i hope you like it!

MP3: Rocket Jump Waltz (Remix, Viscra Maelstrom MIDI Cover).mp3

MIDI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/demrkluc4i1a7rf/Rocket Jump Waltz (Remix%2C Viscra Maelstrom MIDI Cover).mid?dl=0

3 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

Thank you so much I can't wait to see the finished product. :pinkie:

9 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

okay, @Burpy, i just finished your request here. that includes the little silly flute interlude in the middle, and the xylophone at the end. i hope you like it!

MP3: Rocket Jump Waltz (Remix, Viscra Maelstrom MIDI Cover).mp3

MIDI: https://www.dropbox.com/s/demrkluc4i1a7rf/Rocket Jump Waltz (Remix%2C Viscra Maelstrom MIDI Cover).mid?dl=0

Oh my god it's perfect! :o thanks!!! :3 Check your PMs :D 

i'm glad you like it! i'm going to be a bit busy this thursday and friday at work unfortunately, but i'll be getting to the other requests soon after that!

11 hours ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

I don't know whether you're still taking any more requests still since Burpy's one has already been done . . . but I'll just leave this here . . . if that's okay to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVxe_-u1bE

ahh, sorry, i'm gonna keep request slots closed until i finish these pending ones i have. then i'll open up 3 new slots.

I meant as in to just keep it here until the slots have been finished, but I suppose I can wait until you're done with the pending ones you have.

10 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

i'm glad you like it! i'm going to be a bit busy this thursday and friday at work unfortunately, but i'll be getting to the other requests soon after that!

ahh, sorry, i'm gonna keep request slots closed until i finish these pending ones i have. then i'll open up 3 new slots.