Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did your oc gain their cutie mark?

Retro City

How did your oc gain their cutie mark? Or do they not have one yet? Why so? 

My character, Dawn Horizon, got his cutie mark after passing his exam to be a wonderbolt academy student! Becoming the first bat pomy in pony history to become a part of the wonderbolts!

Edited by Starbit
Typo in title

Not sure I'd call it an 'oc', considering I have no backstory.

Basically I used to play minecraft, and decided to have a slime skin.

From then on, basically everything I do that requires a character I try to make as slime-like as possible.
Except Gmod. ^^;

Closest I ever got to having a story was; "There are slimes in every world. We are Many. We are One. And we are everywhere."
:3

My OC Chaos earned her cutie mark when she was a young filly she was flying and ended up hitting a tree that had a giant wasps nest in it from there she hid on a cloud so not to be seen and well the wasps flew into a town causing a whole chaotic mess which also caused some ponies to die.

And here is a picture of my OC Chaos. post-38560-0-76732000-1489978257_thumb.png

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 1

Will Guide is my ponysona and when he (I) first came to Equestria, he lost his memories and started out as an adult blank flank.

And so, the amnesiac Will Guide got his Cutie Mark to appear piece by piece as he got back his memories of his life, the world of Disney, and his drive to help those in need.

I changed how he got it so many times to the point where I can't give a reliable answer. This is currently how he achieved it.

Snowflake was a student at a small time unicorn magic school because he was too poor, and unskilled to enroll in bigger ones. He excelled in cryomancy though didn't care too much for the other magics (Which is why you don't see him levitate things or teleport often) so he left the school and taught himself the magics of ice. He achieved his cutie mark after defending himself from a few lowbie thieves, turned them into living popsicle before releasing them.

His cutie mark is a white Snowflake, and its meaning is he excels in ice magic.

Fun fact he has the exact same cutie mark as his father who was also a master cryomancer, meaning he was destined to be like his father.

Gamecube was playing Smash Wii U with his relatives one day when he picked Little Mac and pushed buttons with him on the Wiimote. It 3DS days were over for only a little while, so one pony told him to stop playing Little Mac because he was too OP. Gamecube switched to PAC-MAN and then decided that PAC-MAN will be the main character he will be using all the time. He will get better with him and start to beat all of his friends in the game as PAC-MAN. He watched guide videos and played with his brother a lot until he got the hang of PAC-MAN's moves. His friend gives him Brawl later on so that Gamecube had instant access to Smash rather than having to ask his brother. This helped him get the hang of Smash as a whole. For his birthday, he received a used Nintendo 3DS with a parental control for some reason and a copy of Smash. When he went to his friend's house, he was able to connect to the internet and update Smash. This gave him access to For Glory and it caused his skill to be improved drastically. At the end of the school year, his friend gave him his secondary Wii U to keep and continue to play Smash on a better console. He found a streamer who played Smash with his viewers and became friends with him. After some time, the streamer started doing viewer tournaments, and Gamecube's first win of a set earned him his PAC-MAN cutie mark.

Ooh, what a cute little topic! I'll put my story in here to contribute!

My OC, Silver Herald, is generally a more reserved and shy kind of stallion. He doesn't open up to other ponies often, but when he does, he tries to be the best possible friend he can be.

As a colt, his little sister Feathersong was his best friend by far. Since she was only a year younger, they could play together and mess around without getting the whole "ewww, I hate my sister!" sort of dynamic going. Her more outgoing and confident attitude brought out quite a bit of the stallion- it's like he was a different pony when he was around her. Never shy, never stammering, never afraid to mess around with his playful younger sibling.

One night, as the two siblings were trying to get some sleep, a strange pony broke into the house and tried to kidnap Feather. She cried out for help, which awoke the young Silver, who looked out the window to see a masked pony running off with his little sister. He yelled at the stranger, and made the split second decision to jump out of the window and topple the kidnapper, sending all three ponies tumbling to the ground. All of the commotion caused other ponies around the neighborhood to wake up and look our their windows to see what all the fuss was about. With the eyes of the whole community on him, the kidnapper ran away empty-hooved.

From that moment on, the Silver stallion would bear the cutie mark of a blue heart, symbolizing the care and affection he had for others. He's a rare kind of pony that prefers to put others before himself, a quality that embodies itself within his rather simple looking cutie mark.

Here's a picture of the two, for reference! :)

4304e76112acedf0becb77cdcbfca490_1024.pn

My OC, Dynamo Pad, earned his cutie mark through video games. He discovered an arcade one day after school. He was shown the whole store by the owner of the arcade, but Dynamo's bullies found him and tried to pick on him. The owner told Dynamo and the bullies to settle it in a video game, instead of physical violence. The owner picked a fighting game and the battle commenced. After a two out of three match, Dynamo Pad won and earned his cutie mark. 

13 minutes ago, Silver Herald said:

Ooh, what a cute little topic! I'll put my story in here to contribute!

My OC, Silver Herald, is generally a more reserved and shy kind of stallion. He doesn't open up to other ponies often, but when he does, he tries to be the best possible friend he can be.

As a colt, his little sister Feathersong was his best friend by far. Since she was only a year younger, they could play together and mess around without getting the whole "ewww, I hate my sister!" sort of dynamic going. Her more outgoing and confident attitude brought out quite a bit of the stallion- it's like he was a different pony when he was around her. Never shy, never stammering, never afraid to mess around with his playful younger sibling.

One night, as the two siblings were trying to get some sleep, a strange pony broke into the house and tried to kidnap Feather. She cried out for help, which awoke the young Silver, who looked out the window to see a masked pony running off with his little sister. He yelled at the stranger, and made the split second decision to jump out of the window and topple the kidnapper, sending all three ponies tumbling to the ground. All of the commotion caused other ponies around the neighborhood to wake up and look our their windows to see what all the fuss was about. With the eyes of the whole community on him, the kidnapper ran away empty-hooved.

From that moment on, the Silver stallion would bear the cutie mark of a blue heart, symbolizing the care and affection he had for others. He's a rare kind of pony that prefers to put others before himself, a quality that embodies itself within his rather simple looking cutie mark.

Here's a picture of the two, for reference! :)

Reveal hidden contents

4304e76112acedf0becb77cdcbfca490_1024.pn

How did you make a "hidden contents" box when you post that comment? I can't seem to find it on the new toolbox in the "Reply to a Topic" screen.

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

How did you make a "hidden contents" box when you post that comment? I can't seem to find it on the new toolbox in the "Reply to a Topic" screen.

It's the same as the old spoiler tag.

Put whatever you want to hide within:

[ spoiler]

[ /spoiler]

Without the spaces at the beginning.

• Brohoof 1

Mintyheart got her cutie mark by bringing joy to other ponies. I havent worked out on who exactly yet though. I was thinking it'd be my other OC Vanilla Swirl.

My OC  Aria earned her cutiemark when she defended her adopted father from some unknown creature and won (me and my cousin joke it was a spider)

Here is a picture of my OC Aria post-38557-0-48041200-1487539506_thumb.png

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, PrincessOfCompassion said:

My OC  Aria earned her cutiemark when she defended her adopted father from some unknown creature and won (me and my cousin joke it was a spider)

Here is a picture of my OC Aria post-38557-0-48041200-1487539506_thumb.png

How did your character become royalty? :Oc

My OCs Victory Dance and Heirloom got their cutie marks together. Victory and Heir snuck into a Wonderbolt Flight Show and thought that they could become the main event by flying as fast as the firework display, not knowing that fireworks were made of gunpowder and literally explode. Heir was a slow pegasus so she stayed down, while Victory shot up and kept up with the fireworks. He got hit by a firework and Heirloom had to save him, which lead to an encounter with the Wonderbolts. A Wonderbolt dropped a little pendant made of sapphire in the shape of a cloud, and heirloom returned it to her. The Wonderbolt let her keep it, as it was her new cutie mark.

Victory Dance got his cutie mark the moment he realised he could fly as fast as fireworks, and got a fast flying firework as his cutie mark. Heirloom got her cutie mark when she pinned the pendant to her sweater. 

• Brohoof 1

Ahh, a very interesting question!

My OC Cosmic Breeze earned his cutie mark when he realized his passion for Astronomy, alongside nature as well.  It's a spiral galaxy, with the arms transitioning to swirling winds around it. (Need to update bio with that, XD)

57 minutes ago, maemaee said:

My OCs Victory Dance and Heirloom got their cutie marks together. Victory and Heir snuck into a Wonderbolt Flight Show and thought that they could become the main event by flying as fast as the firework display, not knowing that fireworks were made of gunpowder and literally explode. Heir was a slow pegasus so she stayed down, while Victory shot up and kept up with the fireworks. He got hit by a firework and Heirloom had to save him, which lead to an encounter with the Wonderbolts. A Wonderbolt dropped a little pendant made of sapphire in the shape of a cloud, and heirloom returned it to her. The Wonderbolt let her keep it, as it was her new cutie mark.

Victory Dance got his cutie mark the moment he realised he could fly as fast as fireworks, and got a fast flying firework as his cutie mark. Heirloom got her cutie mark when she pinned the pendant to her sweater. 

I really like this one!! 

i keep having to change the story because Stormy's cutiemark is so complex and unique ^^;

cutiemarkbitfin_by_stormblaze_pegasus-d8

so I guess originally it was she won a "ponymon" tourney, but its kinda lame.

SO I'm having it now be that she performed an epic rendition of the "Ponymon" theme song when she was a filly, in front of the whole school for the first time ever. (based on real events) The flame is to add to her name. 

My OC Duality Wave-Particle received her cutie mark when she realised that she didn't have to be a unicorn to work with magic.

Ever since a very young age she had wanted more than anything else to be a unicorn (as opposed to a slightly scrawny pegasus), so as to pursue a star-studded career working with magic. She alternately moped around the house and feverishly plotted ways to gain a horn and its corresponding eldritch powers. After one particularly unpleasant day, involving concerted mockery at school for her obsession with magic and a 'gentle'  -  but rather patronising, even her eight-year-old self thought  -  lecture by one of her peers' parents along the lines of 'your aspirations are unattainable, child, so give up on them before you're disappointed any further', she tearily sought refuge under the wing of her father, Photon Particle. He willingly provided her soothing sanctuary, but knew that she needed more than just a shoulder to cry on; she needed a hoof on her shoulder guiding her away from the source of her pain.

As she finished sniffling an explanation of what had upset her into his newly-starched work shirt, he began to describe what he was working on:  a scientific paper on the subject of wave-particle duality. The physical concept that her name was inspired by, he revealed, was a revolutionary scientific discovery in the last few decades, proving that particles could behave like waves under certain characteristic situations. This, he went on in a softer voice, was why he named her for it  -  particles, once held as set entities that could be entirely described with a few simple numbers, were now known to be intrinsically indescribable and transcendent of anything ever suspected of them. And if particles could do it, what possible reason was there for her not to do the same? She could defy the mathematical model that others attempted to constrain her to, she could reflect and refract around life's obstacles as if she was made of light itself, she could transcend anything she had ever dreamed of becoming, and, in so doing, become the pony she was truly intended to be all along.

Being eight, she only understood about half of this, but she still absorbed enough to realise that trying to become something she wasn't was neither productive nor possible, and she should instead accept what she was and work from there. This sent her into something of a existential tailspin, however, as she had no idea how to work from being a pegasus to being a powerful mage renowned throughout Equestria. After some time (about three hours, since she was eight), she came to the realisation that she didn't have to do magic to be a mage, as a mage, strictly speaking, is one who studies magic. She could study magic and be a nerd like her dad! Of course! So simple! This must be her destiny!

And, the week after, as she gave a highly-researched presentation to her class on the topic of the cutie mark she thought she might have in the future ("with detailed description of possible talent, justification of possible talent based on real-world evidence thereof, and demonstration of possible talent through a step-by-step explanation of the reasoning and experimental evidence behind Poni's Exclusion Principle", to quote the teacher's notes), her cutie mark materialised, so she was obviously right. Happily ever after. And an automatic A+ for getting her cutie mark while accurately predicting what it would be. :yay:

</textwall>

Edited by Duality
w00t textwall: made it up as I went along :-P
  • Brohoof 1

My oc was originally going ot have a cutie mark on only one of her flanks, then her cutie mark was going to be half hidden. I decided not to in the end becuase she's a very meek hippogriff and it adds to why she's uncomfortable. I also couldn't think of one.