Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Non-Paypal Pony Art Commissions

Appley Hooves

Due to several reasons I have no way to pay for a commission via Paypal, so was wondering if anyone knows of a place I could look for folks who would take payment in Steam games?

I know this site only allows Paypal payment to help support it, but am unsure of where to look really. Have tried the larger MLP groups on Steam but got nowhere.

Or am I pretty much out of luck? :(

Where did you see that we only take PayPal? MLP Forums also accepts credit/debit/prepaid cards, money orders, and cheques. Can you use any of those? All you need to send a money order is cash and a post office.

It's unlikely you'll find an artist who accepts Steam games as payment since making money tends to be the reason one opens commissions in the first place. I'd be happy to discuss alternatives to PayPal via PM.

If I was good enough I would. But you could also ask in Requestria to see if anyone would do requests for you

(edited)
17 hours ago, Feld0 said:

Where did you see that we only take PayPal? MLP Forums also accepts credit/debit/prepaid cards, money orders, and cheques. Can you use any of those? All you need to send a money order is cash and a post office.

It's unlikely you'll find an artist who accepts Steam games as payment since making money tends to be the reason one opens commissions in the first place. I'd be happy to discuss alternatives to PayPal via PM.

I just assumed that was the case cuz of how it's worded in the art commissions section, good to know.

I'd do a money order but my vertigo keeps me house bound most days now. Maybe one of these days I'll get outside again :D

17 hours ago, Tangle said:

If I was good enough I would. But you could also ask in Requestria to see if anyone would do requests for you

I like your drawings, Google found me your dA page :3 I'll give that a shot though, see if anyone takes a nibble :)

Edit: Silly me forgot I already posted there when I joined, don't want to take a chance for art from someone else so will go back to looking around.

Edited by Windy Apple
  • Brohoof 1

I think most artists would prefer to have money instead.  That's how they pay their bills, buy food, pay for rent, etc.  It would really have to depend on their financial status, I'm sure there are those that will accept a game or something for their work but money is preferred.  If you can't afford a commission, I'd suggest you hold off until you can afford it.

3 hours ago, Thuja said:

I think most artists would prefer to have money instead.  That's how they pay their bills, buy food, pay for rent, etc.  It would really have to depend on their financial status, I'm sure there are those that will accept a game or something for their work but money is preferred.  If you can't afford a commission, I'd suggest you hold off until you can afford it.

Yeah, I've found few interested in this idea. Don't blame them in the least but figured I'd give it a shot when I've got a bit over $60 to spend on it. Plus me being in Canada means whatever I'd gift them is region free so they could resell it if they wanted, but no takers :D