Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Messenger Changes?

duidamasterXD

Earlier today, the display of posts within threads was changed to more closely resemble the layout on the old version of the site. Like this:

Screenshot_2.png.848a04e6c2e2101ab57f1d809efaff3a.png

But personal messages still use the display that came along with the new update, and currently look like this:

Screenshot_1.png.de64d05d2efc3fc1c3e0b2eefb85b5cf.png

Would it be possible to make PMs look like posts do, currently? I feel that the larger username/avatar/etc make the whole communication process feel a lot more personal.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I have mixed feelings. The current look is more compact, thus more readable, though I get what you mean. It indeed felt more personal. Other than that, in larger, post-like look it was easier to catch the beginning and the end of the message, unlike it is now, where when there are messages floating all over the place or just walls of text, it may be harder to spot the correct part we want to quote and reply to.

That's actually a true story, because messages in one of my private conversations got really, really big (so much to tell!) and it was slightly harder to spot the correct message, due to tiny icons, that can be easily skipped. But well, it's nothing major. Besides, I don't think anything could help there, but bigger avatars and such perhaps would make it slightly easier.

Anyway, I think I just got used to it. It seems, that it doesn't make much difference for me. :P 

Edited by Rikifive