Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Splatoon

Photon Jet

Hello everypony!

I had a look if there was already a thread like this one on the forums but I don't think there is one yet. So I thought it would be nice to let all the Splatoon players on here get together, discuss about the game and team up in Squad Battles. 

For those who don't know Splatoon. Splatoon is a third-person shooter game where you control a human squid known as an Inkling and your job as a team is to gain as much ground than your opponent in Turf Wars and keep control of your territory in Ranked Battles while splatting your enemies. It's a bit like most first-person shooters games you see now and again but this one's ALOT of fun. This is pretty much Nintendo's answer to competitive fun.

There were once Splatfests which you get to pick which team you want to be in but not anymore. I bet they will be in the sequel on the Nintendo Switch. Wait, what am I saying? They WILL be in the sequel!

Here's what the game play looks like in the trailer: 

Let's give this topic a whirl, shall we? What did you think of the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire? For me, it was AWESOME! All these new features introduced in the sequel makes me wanna try the full games when it comes out! Good thing I still got my Inkling Hat.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

I didn't get a Wii U but if they make Splatoon 2 for the Switch I am definitely getting it. Nintendo was cucked from the Game Genie for early Nintendo tho, so doesn't ban cheaters on their systems usually, so that'd be a problem perhaps. Did they handle hackers in Splatoon?

Also I know because Mario kart n DS games never had a way to block cheaters. They were very common.

Edited by CuriUndersXeno
  • Brohoof 1

I LOVE this game so much! Not only was it a fantastic and brave move on Nintendo's part to introduce a brand new IP to diversify their library of first party franchises, but the game itself was enjoyable, colourful, stimulating and action packed. 

Although I would love to play the game online with many of the other people on this site, and perhaps get to know them better, sadly I no longer have a WII U to play it on ( I smashed it in a rage when I lost a game of tower defence ). That being said, I would love to discuss it here with everypony else for the time being, and when I get my hands on a Nintendo Switch, as well as a copy of Splatoon 2 when it releases to the public in the summer, you can be assured that I will be more than happy to take you up on your invitation.

Splatoon2-IL1.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I've never played Splatoon, because I never got a Wii U, but the game has always seemed like something I would want to play.

So if I end up getting a Switch, I am definitely going to get the sequel.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, cmarston1 said:

I've never played Splatoon, because I never got a Wii U, but the game has always seemed like something I would want to play.

So if I end up getting a Switch, I am definitely going to get the sequel.

Oh, you should. You'll be having a blast. 

On 3/29/2017 at 4:19 PM, Rarity the Supreme said:

I LOVE this game so much! Not only was it a fantastic and brave move on Nintendo's part to introduce a brand new IP to diversify their library of first party franchises, but the game itself was enjoyable, colourful, stimulating and action packed. 

Although I would love to play the game online with many of the other people on this site, and perhaps get to know them better, sadly I no longer have a WII U to play it on ( I smashed it in a rage when I lost a game of tower defence ). That being said, I would love to discuss it here with everypony else for the time being, and when I get my hands on a Nintendo Switch, as well as a copy of Splatoon 2 when it releases to the public in the summer, you can be assured that I will be more than happy to take you up on your invitation.

Splatoon2-IL1.jpg

It was a good move by Nintendo to introduce something competitive to the table. Splatoon's one of those games that made the Wii U worth getting.

When I do get Splatoon 2, I'll remember to add you on my Friends List so we can cooperate together.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Now that Splatoon 2 is out, is anypony enjoying the game? I know I am! It's so nice to be back on Turf War again after a long time. Plus, Salmon Run is a great (and hectic) mode for us to join forces.

My only gripe is in some cases, my Nintendo Switch disconnects in the middle of the game which grinds my gears. But still, there's no denying that Splatoon 2 is better than the original. More games should have proper sequels with enhanced game play.

I was thinking maybe we all should play games together in Turf War or in Salmon Run. It's more fun when you play with friends, don't you think?

This makes me think we can post our Inkling OCs on here. But until next time...

20247781_2039939196236837_3634621459946917591_o.jpg

• Brohoof 1

On 7/28/2017 at 11:12 PM, Denim&Venom said:

I'd play, but the switch is above my budget atm. Wanted to play the last one too but I wasn't the Wii U just for one game. 

I see. But I'm certain you'll pull through and get the Nintendo Switch in no time.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Never played The Original Version for the Wii U but We bought Splatoon 2 like a Week ago and now We Loved this Game, He Plays it A lot and I played Splatoon 2 Turf War Online.

It's really Fun!