Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Movies\TV Shows that would translate well into video games

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

We all know that video games usually do not transfer well into movie form. Could be a number of reasons why, the time constraints, misdirection, whatever it might be, it happens far too often. Games barely seem to do well in movie form. Even TV shows haven't had the best of luck in this regard.

So let's flip the script. What movies or TV shows do you think would do well in video game form? You can name ones that have already been done too if you feel the games in question weren't good enough. There have been lots of game-tie-in attempts before that pretty much failed so have at it!

I have always thought a GOOD Avatar The Last Airbender game would be amazing. Or at least a game in that world. The different bending abilities could make for an excellent fighting engine or combat engine. If I recall, there hasn't been a game that was able to do justice to the property.

1 minute ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

It still amazes me how we still have yet to get a proper FiM game

One of my favorite games as a kid was SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom. Basically a SpongeBob "collectathon" platformer, and it did the show so much justice. Too bad THQ started to suck and most subsequent SpongeBob games (including ones after THQ bit the dust) have been terrible... but if somebody could manage to make an FiM game in that fashion, I would be very pleased.

• Brohoof 3

33 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

It still amazes me how we still have yet to get a proper FiM game

Especially seeing how Wayforward mentioned possibly being interested in making one.

I really think that a FIM video game could really work as a sidescrolling platformer in a similar manner to what Wayforward already did with the Shantae games.

1 hour ago, Kyoshi said:

I have always thought a GOOD Avatar The Last Airbender game would be amazing. Or at least a game in that world. The different bending abilities could make for an excellent fighting engine or combat engine. If I recall, there hasn't been a game that was able to do justice to the property.

Imagine a "Book Four" in video game form that doesn't contradict the comics. It can even take place many years later with the main cast as adults. Just give it a nice open world with a kickass fighting engine.