Sign in to follow this  
maemaee

Scootaloo's Nuzlocke Adventure + Casting Call!

Recommended Posts

Hi all, I'm creating a crossover fanfic with the CMC starting a Pokemon Adventure and I'm looking for ponies to be introduced as either trainers or important parts of story! I'll be playing and basing this fanfic on Pokemon Black, which has a lot of characters and things to see. I hope that you'll read it :). 
 

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/368718/1/scootaloos-nuzlocke-adventure/prologue-welcome-to-the-world-of-pokemon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you accepting OC's? If so, would my character, Dynamo Pad, fit in the story? Here's a link to his character, if that's okay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Are you accepting OC's? If so, would my character, Dynamo Pad, fit in the story? Here's a link to his character, if that's okay.

 

This pony would definitely fit well with what I've got planned for the first few chapters, especially since they live in Ponyville! I would be really happy to include your OC in my fanfic. Do you have any preferences for types of Pokemon you would like? If not, I'll fill the blanks in and fit you in wherever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @maemaee

Understanding that you seek ideas and or full-fledged characters, this post will be relocated to AK Yearling's Writing Resources. Furthermore, I'd request of you that once you have concluded with your work (or before, but posting updates in the topic) to subsequently post it separately with appropiate tagging and in Written Fan Works.

Have a lovely day, and the best of luck with your project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, maemaee said:

This pony would definitely fit well with what I've got planned for the first few chapters, especially since they live in Ponyville! I would be really happy to include your OC in my fanfic. Do you have any preferences for types of Pokemon you would like? If not, I'll fill the blanks in and fit you in wherever!

That's awesome and great to know that he would fit in this story. For Pokemon types, I would say: Psychic, Fire, Fairy, Dragon, Water and flying. Would this drawing help? It's a commission drawing made by StormBlaze. It has Dynamo's full Pokemon team. If not, then I'm up for whatever Pokemon you choose for his team.

 

Dynamo Pad78.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

That's awesome and great to know that he would fit in this story. For Pokemon types, I would say: Psychic, Fire, Fairy, Dragon, Water and flying. Would this drawing help? It's a commission drawing made by StormBlaze. It has Dynamo's full Pokemon team. If not, then I'm up for whatever Pokemon you choose for his team.

 

Dynamo Pad78.png

Since I'm using Gen 5, I'm going to have to replace or leave out Primarina in battle. They can still appear in the series, however they're not going to be battling because I'm using Gen 5's logic. Most of these Pokemon will have to be in their basic stages if you want to battle the CMC since we're still in the first few chapters. However, I'm happy for you to have a complete team, fully evolved team if you want to be in a Pokemon Contest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, maemaee said:

Since I'm using Gen 5, I'm going to have to replace or leave out Primarina in battle. They can still appear in the series, however they're not going to be battling because I'm using Gen 5's logic. Most of these Pokemon will have to be in their basic stages if you want to battle the CMC since we're still in the first few chapters. However, I'm happy for you to have a complete team, fully evolved team if you want to be in a Pokemon Contest. 

Oh okay and that's completely understandable. If you know of a replacement for Primarina, then I'm okay with that. I'm also okay if you place them in their basic stages, as well. I was wondering on one thing though. In the picture, Houndoom has the ability to mega evolve. I know that mega evolution was introduced until generation 6. However, in the anime they usually try to bring something new. That way it would make the protagonist go to the new area. Could Houndoom still mega evolve, or would mega evolution be kept out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

Oh okay and that's completely understandable. If you know of a replacement for Primarina, then I'm okay with that. I'm also okay if you place them in their basic stages, as well. I was wondering on one thing though. In the picture, Houndoom has the ability to mega evolve. I know that mega evolution was introduced until generation 6. However, in the anime they usually try to bring something new. That way it would make the protagonist go to the new area. Could Houndoom still mega evolve, or would mega evolution be kept out?

I can include a mega-evolution in the story, definitely! Since this is following the journey of Scootaloo and not my game's protagonist, there's room for change which can include mega evolution. At this time though, Scootaloo won't be going against any Mega-Evolved Pokemon, so you can appear as a side plot! Would it be okay for you appear after the Carousel Boutique visit? The three fillies go to Carousel Boutique to get outfits and matching backpacks for their journey, and after that they go to the gym. I'd really like for your Houndoom to be introduced to explain Mega Evolution to the fillies, if that sounds acceptable to you. If you have any other ideas, feel free to add anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maemaee said:

I can include a mega-evolution in the story, definitely! Since this is following the journey of Scootaloo and not my game's protagonist, there's room for change which can include mega evolution. At this time though, Scootaloo won't be going against any Mega-Evolved Pokemon, so you can appear as a side plot! Would it be okay for you appear after the Carousel Boutique visit? The three fillies go to Carousel Boutique to get outfits and matching backpacks for their journey, and after that they go to the gym. I'd really like for your Houndoom to be introduced to explain Mega Evolution to the fillies, if that sounds acceptable to you. If you have any other ideas, feel free to add anything!

Oh okay and I just read the chapter of the CMC leaving after getting their new outfits. I think that would be great to introduce mega evolution to them at some point. I can't wait to see where things will go in the story as well. I know only generation 5 Pokemon are seen throughout the game and not many to little all other generation Pokemon appear in gen 5. Would some of Dynamo's team make it to this story, or would some be taken out? If so, then who? I'm just wondering because I can understand Primarina. However, if there are others, then I'm okay with any other changes. I don't remember that many water types though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

Oh okay and I just read the chapter of the CMC leaving after getting their new outfits. I think that would be great to introduce mega evolution to them at some point. I can't wait to see where things will go in the story as well. I know only generation 5 Pokemon are seen throughout the game and not many to little all other generation Pokemon appear in gen 5. Would some of Dynamo's team make it to this story, or would some be taken out? If so, then who? I'm just wondering because I can understand Primarina. However, if there are others, then I'm okay with any other changes. I don't remember that many water types though.

With further thought to the team, I think that it'll be okay to have all of your team in the fanfic considering your purpose in the story. I can imagine you being a Pony on the way to the Crystal Empire (the location of the Elite Four), educating the three on what to do to succeed. You'd point Scootaloo in the right direction, leading her to the next Gym (Zecora in the Everfree Forest). Because of D-Pad's kind nature, I can imagine you hesitating when they ask you about if the road is dangerous and wishing them luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, maemaee said:

With further thought to the team, I think that it'll be okay to have all of your team in the fanfic considering your purpose in the story. I can imagine you being a Pony on the way to the Crystal Empire (the location of the Elite Four), educating the three on what to do to succeed. You'd point Scootaloo in the right direction, leading her to the next Gym (Zecora in the Everfree Forest). Because of D-Pad's kind nature, I can imagine you hesitating when they ask you about if the road is dangerous and wishing them luck.

That's good and I think that can work out very well. Maybe he shows mercy on Pokemon to not make them get hurt, but will do so if left with no choice. Maybe as a mentor to Scootaloo to help her becoming stronger and at some point, so she can learn the reality of the Pokemon world? Not sure if that would work, but I can see what you mean by guiding her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

That's good and I think that can work out very well. Maybe he shows mercy on Pokemon to not make them get hurt, but will do so if left with no choice. Maybe as a mentor to Scootaloo to help her becoming stronger and at some point, so she can learn the reality of the Pokemon world? Not sure if that would work, but I can see what you mean by guiding her.

I can see D-Pad showing up in places, similar to a rival that won't battle her except maybe at the end as a friendly competition. I also have an idea in which D-Pad could help her train for the second gym, and even give her the free Pansage in the Dreamyard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, maemaee said:

I can see D-Pad showing up in places, similar to a rival that won't battle her except maybe at the end as a friendly competition. I also have an idea in which D-Pad could help her train for the second gym, and even give her the free Pansage in the Dreamyard.

That sounds awesome and I like it. I forgot that you could obtain a Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour depending on your starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

That sounds awesome and I like it. I forgot that you could obtain a Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour depending on your starter.

I'm glad you like it! I'm really happy to have you on board with this, and I hope that you feel happy about this too :wub:!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, maemaee said:

I'm glad you like it! I'm really happy to have you on board with this, and I hope that you feel happy about this too :wub:!

I'm glad to be on board and happy about this as well. Also I was thinking of the place holder for Dynamo's key stone. Maybe an Xbox controller? You know where the home button on the controller is? The one when clicking it brings you to the home menu? Maybe that's the place you can put the mega stone in. Also, I'm not sure if the picture in the character page has Dynamo Pad's new look. This is what he looks like now. He'll still have the hat and jacket though, but he looks more like this.

Dynamo Pad80.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I'm glad to be on board and happy about this as well. Also I was thinking of the place holder for Dynamo's key stone. Maybe an Xbox controller? You know where the home button on the controller is? The one when clicking it brings you to the home menu? Maybe that's the place you can put the mega stone in. Also, I'm not sure if the picture in the character page has Dynamo Pad's new look. This is what he looks like now. He'll still have the hat and jacket though, but he looks more like this.

Dynamo Pad80.png

Ah, yeah, I see. Would it be connected to him through his Cutie Mark? Since this is an AU, I could make it so that Mega Evolving ponies comes with the Cutie Mark, which is why ponies usually wait until they're either 10 or have their cutie marks to go on adventures. Otherwise, it can be a gem attached by a normal necklace or accessory. You could have an X-Box controller necklace, or like headphones or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, maemaee said:

Ah, yeah, I see. Would it be connected to him through his Cutie Mark? Since this is an AU, I could make it so that Mega Evolving ponies comes with the Cutie Mark, which is why ponies usually wait until they're either 10 or have their cutie marks to go on adventures. Otherwise, it can be a gem attached by a normal necklace or accessory. You could have an X-Box controller necklace, or like headphones or something.

That would be pretty cool. His cutie mark is for his love of games, but maybe in this story it also holds that he is a bearer of mega evolution. Can he have a video game controller that he carries around with him? Ponies would think he's crazy and would be thrown off guard when he activates mega evolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That would be pretty cool. His cutie mark is for his love of games, but maybe in this story it also holds that he is a bearer of mega evolution. Can he have a video game controller that he carries around with him? Ponies would think he's crazy and would be thrown off guard when he activates mega evolution.

That would be fine! I drew a really quick sketch on what it could look like, sorry it's really rough! 

https://gyazo.com/5a5f9acfad61cb9fbb7be8b12045d2e6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, maemaee said:

That would be fine! I drew a really quick sketch on what it could look like, sorry it's really rough! 

https://gyazo.com/5a5f9acfad61cb9fbb7be8b12045d2e6

I like it and it's pretty fitting for him. I can see him wearing that instead of carrying a controller around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

I like it and it's pretty fitting for him. I can see him wearing that instead of carrying a controller around.

I think that the little belt could also hold his 6 pokemon around him, so that settles it. I think I'll have you introduced by the 4th Chapter, since I'm working on the 2nd now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maemaee said:

I think that the little belt could also hold his 6 pokemon around him, so that settles it. I think I'll have you introduced by the 4th Chapter, since I'm working on the 2nd now.

Okay and that sounds awesome. Maybe he can levitate them with his magic and call out the Pokemon. Just an idea, but doesn't seem likely :lol:. That sounds good and I look forward to seeing him in the story. Thanks again for letting me be on board in the story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

hey that's really fun! would love to read next chapters:pinkie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.