Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(OPEN GROUP) Canterlot NIghts

Sphinx-Ara

@The Power of Love Compels You

Night Dancer chuckles as she leans over the bar "Let me tell you something about owning night clubs darling" she says, giving the cute little mare quite the view "You've got to know how to turn the charm on to get the customers to buy more drinks and things, you've got to make sure to give them something to want to come back to" she says, fluttering her eyelashes at the mare "and I do indeed have experience flirting with Bridge, it makes his job more fun if he can attempt to win my heart"

Bridge chuckles "Aye, one day Ah will succeed missy, and when that day comes, ye best be ready" he chuckles "But until that day, Ah have a cutie right here" he then gently shoves night aside and winks at her while slipping a amethyst into the mare's hand "Consider it a Opening Night gift sweetpea"

7 hours ago, Orange Sparks said:

Night smiles and nods "Doing quite well Night Wolf, and I am very glad to hear that you are doing well as well" she says and pats him on the back "If you ever feel like djing again, let me know, we could have a huge comeback gig ready for you" she smiles before going off to greet more of her patrons.

@The Power of Love Compels You

Bridge smiles "Amethysts eh? Think Ah have some, dun' just find Emeralds at the mine" he says and smiles "One Whiskey on the rocks comin' right up" he says and gets out his best bottle of whiskey and pours it into a glass, as well as giving her a espresso with Emerald Isle creme liquor shot "Here ya go missy and Ah think Ah can give ya a discount, 'specially if yer gonna be 'ere all night" he says as he winks right back at her.

Just then Night goes to behind the bar and chuckles "Careful there sweetheart, Bridge is from the Emerald Isles and is a shameless flirt"

Silver watched the mare go and speak to a mare flirting with a bartender, either to take care of it, or be flirty herself. He waved the bartender over,

"Water please," he asked before listening on the conversation between his old boss and the mare.

He was right about one thing, she was being herself and talking about the bartender. The mare she was talking to was using her attractive charm by the looks of it. He shrugged it off and faced the crowd of ponies waiting for his glass of water.

Starburst sighed as he kept on moving, his mind never staying on one specific thing. Night had fallen across the entirety of Canterlot, and the only people around were some night dwellers, a few cretins, and the occasional mare that he strayed far from. He never had the gall to speak to any mares before, never have and never would. He was as much of a coward and less of a risk-taker.

"Go over to this night club, she says. Make some new friends and stop being such of a loner, she says." He spat out with distaste, mimicking the words of a fellow baker at... Sugarcube Corner? Yeah, that was the place's name. "Please, the only words they'll hear from me is a bunch of 'hmm's' and 'oh yeah's'. And that's only after I've gotten the whiskey." Starburst was only 17, barely reaching the legal age for drinking, but he looked almost like an adult that it barely counted.

His hooves kept scraping against the smoothly packed dirt as he craned his head to look at the moon, radiating its warmth over the citizens of Canterlot. 

He stopped, checking back to see whether he was in the right neighbourhood, and took a few steps back, seeing as he had passed right by the night club.

"Don't worry, you've already got a reservation! I sort of know these people!" Pinkie's voice spoke in his head.

Lucky me.

Stepping right up to the door to meet a gruff-looking bouncer holding a clipboard, he said to him, "My name is Starburst. I think I'm on the list." 

He added in a hushed tone later, "Or Pinkie's led me to a dead end. In which case, I'm equally screwed."

Indicus looked at the clipboard and then at Starburst with a bored expression before waving the stallion in. Apparently Pinkie Pie got him in, he made a mental note to see how she was doing while he was never close to her or her friends he liked to check on them occasionally.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Dancer said:

Indicus looked at the clipboard and then at Starburst with a bored expression before waving the stallion in. Apparently Pinkie Pie got him in, he made a mental note to see how she was doing while he was never close to her or her friends he liked to check on them occasionally.

He was almost certain that it was some sort of joke, that that one little gesture of the bouncer's was just one big joke. Starburst was most certainly not a clubber. His messy, unkempt mane and the boring tan of his fur spoke for itself, but nonetheless, he entered the club, his stomach growling, unease settling in.

Sidling into the door, he stepped down a couple of stairs, giving his eyes a moment to focus; despite the blinding lights that shone from overhanging spotlights.

@Orange Sparks

Satin stared at the mare a bit longer than she'd intended to as Night leaned over the bar. Satin pried her eyes away and took a large sip of her drink, trying to hide the green blush that was burning brightly on her black carapace. He wings buzzed louder behind her as her heart thumped in her chest. She looked back at the stallion as he offered her an amethyst, glad to have a distraction. "O-oh, why thank you. Such a fabulous gem." She stared at it in awe before placing it in her clutch.

A playful grin grew upon her face as Satin was finally able to calm herself down and contemplate the mare's words. She fixed a few stray hairs that had come loose and looked both of the ponies over. "If it means coming to see you two more, I may have to make this my new regular hangout." She looked down at her dress, almost sad that she couldn't try the same trick that Night had just done. She looked back up at the mare and raised her glass. "This does seem to be quite a fine establishment you've started for yourself so far, Miss Dancer. I'm glad I managed to come."

(edited)

He headed over to he bar, feeling peckish for something light and not strong. Whiskey was overrated anyways. Orange juice was better than it.

Taking a seat on one of the padded chairs, he said to the bartender, "A glass of orange juice, please." and promptly buried his head in his hooves. Better to just be a background object than to be a distraction for someone, or a nuisance.

What was he even doing here? He himself didn't understand it at all. What was the point of him venturing to this establishment?

He spotted a mare standing in front of two stallions, looking quite pretty. He noticed two DJ's over by the lights.

Better to be an observer. It's better this way.

Edited by CentipedeGhoul
  • Brohoof 1

After Silver received his water, he saw a stallion sat down close by. This one was an introvert, he could see it by the pony's eyes, they showed how alarmed he was. The stallion was also young, he did ask for an orange juice, which is what tipped Silver off on that, so he slid to the seat next him

4 minutes ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

He headed over to he bar, feeling peckish for something light and not strong. Whiskey was overrated anyways. Orange juice was better than it.

Taking a seat on one of the padded chairs, he said to the bartender, "A glass of orange juice, please." and promptly buried his head in his hooves. Better to just be a background object than to be a distraction for someone, or a nuisance.

What was he even doing here? He himself didn't understand it at all. What was the point of him venturing to this establishment?

He spotted a mare standung in front of two stallions, looking quite pretty. He noticed two DJ's over by the lights.

Better to be an observer. It's better this way.

After Silver received his water, he saw a stallion sat down close by. This one was an introvert, he could see it by the pony's eyes, they showed how alarmed he was. The stallion was also young, he did ask for an orange juice, which is what tipped Silver off on that, so he slid to the seat next him,

"Either that bouncer is very lenient or you know Pinkie Pie, which that bouncer has been kicking kids out so I'm guessing you know Pinkie," he said looking at the shiny bottles on the other side of the bar.

(edited)

He nearly jumped out his seat in horror at the fact that anyone would be willing to sit next to him, or even talk to him... other than Pinkie does to him on a regular basis.

"Y-yeah," He answered out in a hushed tone. "I do know Pinkie."

Starburst would rather not wield the 'I even work with her, and sleep in the same room as her.' card against him. What would be the point if he didn't believe him?

The stallion probably wouldn't mind, and Starburst himself wouldn't mind as well.

Edited by CentipedeGhoul
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

After Silver received his water, he saw a stallion sat down close by. This one was an introvert, he could see it by the pony's eyes, they showed how alarmed he was. The stallion was also young, he did ask for an orange juice, which is what tipped Silver off on that, so he slid to the seat next him

After Silver received his water, he saw a stallion sat down close by. This one was an introvert, he could see it by the pony's eyes, they showed how alarmed he was. The stallion was also young, he did ask for an orange juice, which is what tipped Silver off on that, so he slid to the seat next him,

"Either that bouncer is very lenient or you know Pinkie Pie, which that bouncer has been kicking kids out so I'm guessing you know Pinkie," he said looking at the shiny bottles on the other side of the bar.

1 minute ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

He nearly jumped out his seat in horror at the fact that anyone would be willing to sit next to him, or even talk to him... other than Pinkie does to him on a regular basis.

"Y-yeah," He answered out in a hushed tone. "I do know Pinkie."

Starburst would rather not wield the 'I even work with her, and sleep in the same room as her.' card against him. What would be the point if he didn't believe him?

The stallion wouldn't mind, and Starburst himself wouldn't mind as well.

"Well kid, I know the pink mare as well, so did she convince ya to come make some friends," he said, sipping his water once more.

He sighed,

"What's your name kid," he asked,

He might as well be a friend, it was one of his better suites. He looked at the kid,

"My name is Silvermoon, or maybe you know me as Nightwolf," 

(edited)

"Uh, my name?" He sputtered out uneasily. "It's Starburst... Mr. Silvermoon." 

Great first impression, Starburst, real great! Pinkie would laugh hard at this, Rainbow would join with an even louder laugh!

...I feel sick to my stomach.

He waited patiently for the other older stallion's response, who was busy formulating a response. Starburst kept on sipping his glass of orange juice, unnervingly quiet for the moment.

This, out of everything else he could do - which wasn't much - was his best talent. Silently slipping into the shadows, being ignored and alone.

Edited by CentipedeGhoul

48 minutes ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

"Uh, my name?" He sputtered out uneasily. "It's Starburst... Mr. Silvermoon." 

Great first impression, Starburst, real great! Pinkie would laugh hard at this, Rainbow would join with an even louder laugh!

...I feel sick to my stomach.

He waited patiently for the other older stallion's response, who was busy formulating a response. Starburst kept on sipping his glass of orange juice, unnervingly quiet for the moment.

This, out of everything else he could do - which wasn't much - was his best talent. Silently slipping into the shadows, being ignored and alone.

"Nice to meet ya, Sunburst...none of that mister stuff, alright" he noticed how uneasy the pony was,

"Hey, no need to be nervous alright, we are all friends here. Hmmm what do you do for fun, talking can get anyone off their nerves," Silver said, trying hid best to calm the kid down.

He looked at the dance floor, everypony was dancing and hopping, Silver had never liked to dance, he was the DJ, so his moves consisted of a hop and and whoop. The only pony he had ever danced with was a previous ex-marefriend of his, now here he was retired, talking to a kid, and not at the stand. He sighed, he did miss the old days, but he had dedicated himself to his studies now...love and parties were worthless to him even at his young age he didn't get into the love vibe. His ex was the only one he had and she was the best one, he had fallen in love with her and then out of no where she left him, told him he needed to think about who he was before even saying he loved her. He pushed the thoughts away and waited for Sunburst to answer.

He sighed before responding, "It's Starburst, not Sunburst, Mr - I mean, Silver. Moon." His tone turned almost robotic, almost as if he were reading from a script instead of just, well, talking.

Socially awkward wasn't the worst of his problems. There were a whole lot that was wrong with him...

"I usually strategize for fun." He blurted out, adding hastily after realizing how boring that made him sound, "but I occasionally study magic!"

8 hours ago, silvermoon15000 said:

"Nice to meet ya, Sunburst...none of that mister stuff, alright" he noticed how uneasy the pony was,

"Hey, no need to be nervous alright, we are all friends here. Hmmm what do you do for fun, talking can get anyone off their nerves," Silver said, trying hid best to calm the kid down.

He looked at the dance floor, everypony was dancing and hopping, Silver had never liked to dance, he was the DJ, so his moves consisted of a hop and and whoop. The only pony he had ever danced with was a previous ex-marefriend of his, now here he was retired, talking to a kid, and not at the stand. He sighed, he did miss the old days, but he had dedicated himself to his studies now...love and parties were worthless to him even at his young age he didn't get into the love vibe. His ex was the only one he had and she was the best one, he had fallen in love with her and then out of no where she left him, told him he needed to think about who he was before even saying he loved her. He pushed the thoughts away and waited for Sunburst to answer.

Bridge smiled as he went to tend to the other ponies "Night Wolf, that you?" he asks almost dropping his accent at seeing his old friend and slides on over to him with a glass of water for him "Socializing for once eh? Nice ter see ya again after yer retirement" he says and chuckles as he sees the mare he was talking to before getting even more flustered by Night's constant flirting "Ye be careful now Night Wolf, the night is still young and ye know as well as Ah do just how...flirtatious and well shall Ah say scandalous, our dear Night Dancer can get as the night goes on" he chuckles then looks to Starburst, "And what can Ah get fer ya youngun'?"

Starburst, the stallion, held up his glass of orange juice, "I think I'm fine for now."

His mind questioned instantly some snippets of Bridge's conversation with Mr. Silvermoon.

Retirement? Socializing for once?

He shook his head as the two - what seemed to be - old friends started catching up.

44 minutes ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

Starburst, the stallion, held up his glass of orange juice, "I think I'm fine for now."

His mind questioned instantly some snippets of Bridge's conversation with Mr. Silvermoon.

Retirement? Socializing for once?

He shook his head as the two - what seemed to be - old friends started catching up.

1 hour ago, Orange Sparks said:

Bridge smiled as he went to tend to the other ponies "Night Wolf, that you?" he asks almost dropping his accent at seeing his old friend and slides on over to him with a glass of water for him "Socializing for once eh? Nice ter see ya again after yer retirement" he says and chuckles as he sees the mare he was talking to before getting even more flustered by Night's constant flirting "Ye be careful now Night Wolf, the night is still young and ye know as well as Ah do just how...flirtatious and well shall Ah say scandalous, our dear Night Dancer can get as the night goes on" he chuckles then looks to Starburst, "And what can Ah get fer ya youngun'?"

"Sorry about that, it's a bit hard to here in some times," he told Starburst,

"Hey same kid, I'm actually a freelance teacher of magic, you should come check out my classes sometime," he finished as he got passed another water,

"No kidding, I still don't know which mare tries to sneak something in my water last time, and good to see you again too," he took another sip.

43 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

"Sorry about that, it's a bit hard to here in some times," he told Starburst,

"Hey same kid, I'm actually a freelance teacher of magic, you should come check out my classes sometime," he finished as he got passed another water,

"No kidding, I still don't know which mare tries to sneak something in my water last time, and good to see you again too," he took another sip.

He nodded, feigning a grin at his offer, "Maybe, I'll see if I can."

Starburst looked at the two with a curious gaze.

Questions that he felt eager asking, felt dry on his tongue. He wouldn't want to pry into Mr. Silvermoon's own personal life, the stallion probably wouldn't even answer his own questions anyway!

Silver nodded,

"Good," he said as an awkward silence came upon them,

He noticed how uneasy Starburst was,

"What's on your mind kid," he asked looking at his friend behind the bar as well.

He waited for Starburst to answer and looked into the crowd, seeing drunk ponies dancing once more.

"Well... that stallion just now mentioned 'retirement'." He started, unsure if he should continue. But the open gesture from Mr. Silvermoon led him to finish it anyways, "and I was wondering by... what he meant, that's all."

"You don't have to answer it, if you don't feel like it. I just don't feel like prying into other people's business is well worth my time." He continued talking. 

"But now, every time I come here, I get flashbacks to when I lived in Manehattan with my parents, who've sadly passed on," What was he saying? Why was he spilling out his entire life to this one stranger from a bar? 

What was the point? He asked himself. He answered that readily with a question of his own.

Why not?

"And ever since they've passed on, and ever since my sister was stuck in a coma, and ever since I've fought with grit and nail to request Princess Celestia to teach me magic, and ever since I've searched for a spell to wake my sister up, and ever since I've left to live in my parent's apartment in Manehattan, I've felt lost. I'm drifting through an empty sea, on a leaking boat, and I've got no idea how to fix it!" He slammed the table with his free hoof, not sure if the orange juice was spiked, or if the orange juice being as it was, was getting to him.

9 minutes ago, silvermoon15000 said:

Silver nodded,

"Good," he said as an awkward silence came upon them,

He noticed how uneasy Starburst was,

"What's on your mind kid," he asked looking at his friend behind the bar as well.

He waited for Starburst to answer and looked into the crowd, seeing drunk ponies dancing once more.

@Dynamo Pad 

Vinyl looked around her to see ponies gathering up and starting to flirt a bit. She sighs. She always wanted Somepony that was special to her but with so many gigs, shows, concerts and interviews going on.. It felt like that dream could be impossible. "That's true.. But something about this place gets me a little.. Uncomfortable.. You know? With ponies finding dates, flirting with them and kissing.. Ugh.. Don't get me started.. I see ponies everyday just smooching the heck out of their partner. It just makes me want to puke.. Anyway enough talking about sappy sappy stuff. Lets get this show on the road!" she said, putting her headphones on and plugging them in. Getting out her phone, she placed it on her phone stand where all the songs were transferring into the DJ set. Through out her entire career as a DJ, Neon had been there for her. Especially when she published her first ever album into Equestria. Millions of ponies fell in love with her songs that her popularity grew. Neon was impressed with her that he offered her to work with her. Vinyl refused his offer because she thought going solo was the best idea. Years later after the DJ battle, she finally took him up on his offer and they have been together ever since. "So Neon.. Where did you get those headphones from? They don't look like any common headphones.. Instead they look rare.. You know like those headphones that can go  60 km while still listening to music and is wireless" 

Indicus listened to the chatter in the club as he did his job. fortunately the line was almost gone most of the patrons that would be here already at the club. Meaning Indicus could finally sit back and just make sure none of the patrons tried something stupid. All the while he wished one would have the balls to try something at least he would not feel like a useless statue there just to intimidate everyone.

(edited)

@Orange Sparks

Satin finished her whiskey and slid the glass away from her. She looked up at Night Dancer. "So, Ms. Dancer, what made you want to open a night club here in Canterlot? It doesn't seem like the prime venue for such a place. Manehatten seems the the optimal spot for such an establishment." She paused and pondered for a moment. "Ohhhhhh. That's exactly it, isn't it? Because Canterlot isn't the prime area for this, you don't have as much competition from so many other places trying to take advantage of the same crowd. You can easily dominate the market. My, if that's the case, that's quite clever."

Satin smiled, a little proud of herself. She'd never been big into business and economics, but she's been around enough entrepreneurs to gleam a few things, especially about the cutthroat fashion market. "I guess forcing myself go to all those gatherings with those insufferable ponies payed off a bit after all," she said to herself.

Edited by Lil' Lovebug

@Shadow Dancer

Just then a Thestral pony walks up to Indicus, he was wearing Night Guard's uniform and armor, he was in fact the general of the Night Guard and was quite well acquainted with Indicus, he smiles and pats him on the shoulder "Go on in sir, Luna believed you deserve a break and I've already talked with Night about it" he says with a smile but then goes into guard mode "Just go on in sir"

@Lil' Lovebug

Night Dancer simply chuckles as she refills the mare's glass and slides it to her "Darling~" she says with a sultry tone "I already dominate the night club scene, who do you think owns the two best clubs in Manehatten? But yes, Canterlot isn't quite the prime location, so I figured to gain more business I'd open up a club here, expand my business. so to speak" she says, pouring herself a glass of expensive wine "I haven't seen you around Manehatten though, not as a customer, and you're certainly not one of my girls, so where have you been hiding your cute little self?"