Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(OPEN GROUP) Canterlot NIghts

Sphinx-Ara

@Orange Sparks

Satin thanked the mare and placed a few more bits onto the bar. Blushing a little, she responded. "I don't usually go to clubs, usually preferring small bars if I go out. This is a very large change of pace for me. I guess that's why I never knew that you already owned clubs in Manehatten. My apologies." She swirled her espresso and downed it quickly before she let it get and colder. "I also don't venture to Manehatten often. Most of my concerts happen here in Canterlot. Not a lot of demand for a changeling who preforms "classical" music outside of the capital."

Indicus thanked the stallion and wished him luck before going to the bar and ordering a club soda. He looked at the ponies at the bar and even saw his current employer Night Dancer with a shrug he let the others speak content to wait the night out. For him the job was a pay check and one he did not really need at that. He had minimal interest in the club and even knowing about the brothel in Manehattan owned by Night Dancer though he never had an interest in such a place before Dusk died and later after she died. He hoped Luna did not let his current employer know too much about him but would not be surprised if she did. Indicus looked around once more and sipped his club soda.

@Shadow Dancer

Night Dancer as she waves to Indicus, sliding a drink his way with a note that read "Feel free to enjoy yourself here or go home, either way thanks for your hard work" she then winks to him, she could tell he wasn't really enjoying it here, but perhaps another mare here could get his attention, perhaps the changeling Queen Crystal Cocoon.

It just so happened that the aforementioned mare came into the club and she smiled as she saw Indicus, she sits next to him and kisses his cheek "Hello sweetie, I thought I'd find you here" she says with a smile.

@Lil' Lovebug

"Ah, well you ought to speak to miss Octavia Melody, while she isn't a Changeling, like you and our dear friend Queen Crystal over there, she is a connoisseur of the classical arts" she says with a smile, "It is a possibility she may find herself her, seeing as she is friends with Vinyl Scratch, believe it or not"  

Indicus recognized Crystal Cocoon and smiled happy to see a familiar face, looking at the drink Night slid his way he gave her a thankful nod and took a sip, enjoying the burn of alcohol down his throat. He met her at the funeral after his team died, one of her former royal guards were under his command and the two hit it off over some drinks at a near by tavern. It lead to some confusion the next day when they woke up in the same bed but they found out they just drunkenly cuddled. Since then they would meet up when they could.

Indicus accepted the kiss and then hugged her, "Nice to see you here Crystal, Luna and Celestia recommended me for the bouncer position and I took it because why not, though soon enough I remember why I hated doing guard patrols in Canterlot too boring." 

@Orange Sparks

"Ah, Ms. Melody. The cellist, yes? I've heard of the mare, but I never managed to meet her or see her shows. Oh well. My form of music is a bit more... unique than a traditional instrument, and I don't mind staying in Canterlot. I'm content with my life at the moment.... Well, mostly, but that's beside the point." She waved off the last statement and sipped her whiskey slowly.

@Shadow Dancer

Crystal smiles as she orders her own drink and nods "So i heard, I guess they kind of got bothered with you moping around the castle as of late, you do know you can always visit me, I'd love to have your company more" she says and nuzzles him before resting her head on his shoulder and sighing softly, in reality she kind of wanted him to actually ask her out but she also knew that he was still hung up about Dusk's dying as she was about Shaded.

@Lil' Lovebug

Night smiles with a nod "Indeed, so how have you found assimilating into society since the..well you know .the attempted invasion" she says in a hushed tone before sipping on her wine and smiles once more "Well you really ought to come here here more often, things'll get better as time goes on"

@Orange Sparks

"Hey I mope around my cabin in ponyville as well you know." Indicus said mocking offence, before letting out a sigh. "I know Crystal, it means a lot to me that you care so much." Indicus liked being around Crystal since the death of Dusk Flower, she was someone he could trust to always be there hell she was there when he was crying his eyes out when he found out due to oddities in his DNA he was immune to age and disease. The thought of seeing Dusk in the after life was one thing that he was pinning for and helped his spirits.

Honestly he thought about asking her out many times but he found Dusk coming to mind each time and stopping him almost immediately. He know Dusk would want him to be happy but he still had issues getting over Dusk's death. Indicus found his hand wrapping around Crystal's torso

22 hours ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

"Well... that stallion just now mentioned 'retirement'." He started, unsure if he should continue. But the open gesture from Mr. Silvermoon led him to finish it anyways, "and I was wondering by... what he meant, that's all."

"You don't have to answer it, if you don't feel like it. I just don't feel like prying into other people's business is well worth my time." He continued talking. 

"But now, every time I come here, I get flashbacks to when I lived in Manehattan with my parents, who've sadly passed on," What was he saying? Why was he spilling out his entire life to this one stranger from a bar? 

What was the point? He asked himself. He answered that readily with a question of his own.

Why not?

"And ever since they've passed on, and ever since my sister was stuck in a coma, and ever since I've fought with grit and nail to request Princess Celestia to teach me magic, and ever since I've searched for a spell to wake my sister up, and ever since I've left to live in my parent's apartment in Manehattan, I've felt lost. I'm drifting through an empty sea, on a leaking boat, and I've got no idea how to fix it!" He slammed the table with his free hoof, not sure if the orange juice was spiked, or if the orange juice being as it was, was getting to him.

@Orange Sparks @Lil' Lovebug

Starburst sat awkwardly beside a forlorn Mr. Silvermoon, who was -he guessed - digesting whatever Starburst had 'blurted out' in a frenzy.

He swivelled in his chair, catching a glimpse of a mare either having a conversation or just plain old 'flirting' with what looked to be another mare.

He downed his glass of orange juice, and squinted his eyes, focusing on the other mare. The light seemed to glint of her skin like it was almost a hard outer layer.

@VinylWubs

Neon's ears perked as he heard Vinyl sighing. He turns his head to face her, but felt as if he could see through her glasses. Almost looking past a barrier that was protecting her from the world around her. He glances at the crowd and could see ponies flirting with one another. Seeing this made him sigh as well. One might not notice it, but Neon wished he could find that special someone in his life. He went on a few dates himself from time to time, but nobody could truly understand him. He shook his head and would talk to Vinyl later. He smiles and looks at his new headphones. "Oh, these? Well, I thought since we having a gig at this new hotel. I thought it would be a special commemoration to get some new equipment. In fact, I got you a pair of these headphones just for you." He said, pulling out another pair of headphones and levitating it over to her. "I made sure to put your cutie mark on the headphones, so that way it will always be yours. I hope you like them, bestie." He grins while looking out to the crowd. He grabs the mic off of their stand and brings it close to him. Once he cleared his throat, he replies, "Okay and welcome to the Canterlot Night! I'm your DJ host, Neon Lights. As well as my bestie and fellow DJ host, Vinyl Scratch."

@Orange Sparks

Satin winced and shook her head, staring down at her drink. "If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about that. Let's just say that I was forced to live outside the city for a while." She glanced over to see a pony squinting at her and quickly averted her gaze. She shuddered. "Always the same," she muttered under her breath.

Satin took another sip and sighed. Looking back up at Night Dancer, she smiled, albeit a bit weaker than before. "If you keep being so friendly, I'll definitely stop by here often." Her smile brightened and a mischievous glint shined in her eyes. "I might even challenge Mr. Bridge over there to see who can win your heart first," she whispered to the mare before giggling.

@silvermoon15000 @Lil' Lovebug

He stopped squinting as soon as the other mare noticed him, and deftly averted her gaze.

Shit! He chastised himself, slowly turning his eyes away from her and trying to keep his focus on the two DJ's up on stage; his nerves wracked like hell.

Did she see? I bet she did! He looked unnerved and troubled, and kept himself calm by remembering the breathing exercises Princess Celestia taught him way back when.

I'm okay... He took a cautious glance back, I think.

Mr. Silvermoon was sitting stock still, not even moving his lips or even a hint of any movement at all.

How long did he need to digest what he had just blurted out?

@Shadow Dancer

Crystal smiles and nuzzles him gently "We both lost somepony special that day, but I also know they'd want us to be happy and to find new love" she says and kisses his cheek, sipping on long island tea, "Ah miss Dancer, your bartendering skills are just as top notch as your flirtation skills" she says with a soft wink to the mare behind the mare, making her laugh.

"Why thank you dear, now why don't you two skedaddle on out of here? I'm sure you'd both feel more comfortable somewhere more...private, like your lovely penthouse suite, dear Crystal?" Night giggles then looks to Indicus "Don't worry about your paycheck dear, you'll still get a full night's pay and the General seems to be having more fun than he's had in ages, so go on, skat" she says, playfully shoos them out of her club.

@Lil' Lovebug

Night then returns her attention to the other mare, "Say no more dear, say no more" she says and goes about washing up some dishes, "but I'm as friendly as I usually am, unless I'm dealing with either of my family... businesses" she says with a somewhat sour tone and sighs with a shake of her head.

@Orange Sparks

"Family business? I won't pry, but judging by your tone, it isn't good." Satin lifted to her lips, but put it down without taking a sip. "So, what would you like to talk about, Ms. Dancer?" She looked around the club. "Oh, am I taking you away from anything? There are a lot of ponies here."

Indicus found himself leaning into Crystal. He knew he was doing it the single drink not even giving a buzz and he felt fine about it. He then felt the wad of fear and nervousness but managed to banish it from his mind. 

Indicus cared for Crystal and had for awhile now and she was right Dusk and Shaded would want them happy. Before he could properly think he gave Crystal a kiss on her lips. He then pulled away with a blush. "It has taken too long to get over Dusk and what happened to her, and even longer to get over the fact time  and disease could not touch me. But dispite that I'd like to ask if you would go out with me in a couple days."

6 hours ago, CentipedeGhoul said:

@silvermoon15000 @Lil' Lovebug

He stopped squinting as soon as the other mare noticed him, and deftly averted her gaze.

Shit! He chastised himself, slowly turning his eyes away from her and trying to keep his focus on the two DJ's up on stage; his nerves wracked like hell.

Did she see? I bet she did! He looked unnerved and troubled, and kept himself calm by remembering the breathing exercises Princess Celestia taught him way back when.

I'm okay... He took a cautious glance back, I think.

Mr. Silvermoon was sitting stock still, not even moving his lips or even a hint of any movement at all.

How long did he need to digest what he had just blurted out?

Silver shook himself out of his daze, and looked at Starburst,

"Yeah I'm retired dj, used to work at a club like this, now I focus on my magic, and don't worry things will be alright, you don't have anything to worry about, things take time, and there is always another way to fix something, you just gotta be...creative" he froze as he saw him looking at a mare,

"Hey would you look at that, the kid has his eyes on a mare," he whispered nudging Starburst.

@Dynamo Pad

Vinyl glanced at the headphones that were brought to her before smiling. Giving him a small nod, she swapped her old ones with the pair Neon got her. While he was speaking, she continued to look around to see more ponies flirting with each other. It seems like this would be quite quiet tonight. Just look at them.. They look like they're not here for the music! What a waste of time! Hmph.. We need to make these ponies shake their flanks to the music. This is just unacceptable- dang.. I'm thirsty.. Is there anything to drink around here? Anything.. Red? No.. Vinyl, don't get carried away with your needs. They can't know you're a.. Enough thinking. We're here to make ponies notice and that's what we're going to do! With a sigh, she looked over at Neon with a soft smile. He knew about her little secret and she knows that if she starts to get desperate, her secret would be open to the public. She needs to think of something to control her needs but.. How?

2 hours ago, silvermoon15000 said:

Silver shook himself out of his daze, and looked at Starburst,

"Yeah I'm retired dj, used to work at a club like this, now I focus on my magic, and don't worry things will be alright, you don't have anything to worry about, things take time, and there is always another way to fix something, you just gotta be...creative" he froze as he saw him looking at a mare,

"Hey would you look at that, the kid has his eyes on a mare," he whispered nudging Starburst.

"...I feel like that's good advice, almost." He mouthed, sipping on another glass of orange juice.

As he felt a nudge and heard Silvermoon whisper in his ear, "Hey, would you look at that, the kid has his eyes on a mare," he merely shook his head in silence.

"That mare?" He asked, "No, she just resembles a changeling to me. I was just... surprised, that's all." 

@Shadow Dancer

Crystal blushed at first but then she returned the kiss as they walked out of the club, giggling at how playfully Night was shooing them away "I would love to go out with you in a couple of days Indicus, I've been waiting a while for you to ask me out, you silly stallion" she says and giggles once more before booping his muzzle with hers. "how does Tuesday at seven sound?"

@Lil' Lovebug

"Lets just put it this way darling, My family owns the biggest Opal mine in Equestria and the other business is..." she smiles and leans in close "Put it this way dear, Organized Crime but who works for the crown"

@Orange Sparks

Indicus felt much lighter and happier then he had in a long time he was finally getting over his own guilt and moving on and with someone who understood him no less. "Tuesday at seven sounds great." He would have to thank Night for inviting Crystal knowing that she had a small hand in events. "So where is this penthouse you speak of we could hang out there. Listen to something other then dubstep, it's good especially Vinyl's stuff but I can only take it in small doses."

@Orange Sparks

Satin nearly spit out the drink she'd started taking while Night Dancer started talking. Her eyes went wide and she forced herself to swallow the sip. "Oh... dear," she whispered loud enough for Night to hear. "Well, I can certainly see how that could cause some tension. Dear me." Satin stared at her drink in shock. She gulped the rest of it down and gently placed the glass back on the bar. "So, uhhhh." She tried to think of something to say to change the subject, but felt words fail her. Her jaw was moving, but no words were coming out.

@Shadow Dancer

"Well my penthouse is at the apartments that are about a ten minute walk from here, and you are right, dubstep is a pretty good genre, especially when Neon and Vinyl do it, but only in small doses. I quite enjoy other genres as well such as anything from classical to melodic metal" she explains, holding his hand in hers with a smile.

@Lil' Lovebug

Night simply giggles "Don't you worry none though dearest, I rarely have to deal with the seedy part of my family, my daddy and big brother do all that, I'm just in charge of the opal mines and my clubs" she says then pours her another drink "I honestly can't stand that my family is involved with all that nasty stuff, how-ever they do work for the Princesses to an extent soo yeah..." she then smiles "So not here with anyone special? A pretty young mare like you should have a multitude of stallions after her"

Indicus held Crystal's hand his thumb brushing the smooth chitin underneath it. He found it funny this is the first time he got to see where Crystal lived, while she had seen his cabin plenty of times soon enough they arrived at their destination Indicus lightly leaning into Crystal at this point his arm around her waist.

@Orange Sparks

Satin rolled her eyes. "I wish I had even one decent pony after me, but I'm stuck either working or boring myself to death with the aristocracy, trying to get my name out there." Satin's eyes narrowed, a look of disgust marring her face. "I do get the rare stallion trying to tell me they'll make me famous if I married them, but those types irritate me to no end." Her faces softened. "I try to get out and be social, like I'm trying to here, but usually find myself sitting alone in the back, drinking solemnly. So yeah. No special pony for me. What of you Ms. Dancer?"

(edited)

@silvermoon15000

He leaned back against the chair, staring up at the ceiling blankly, up at the glaring lights which he still shone brightly through the slits of his eyes.

The timed beats of the eletronic music blaring through the speakers made him tap his hooves against the counter, and he started humming to himself.

You called me?

Starburst sprang in upright in sheer surprise at that sudden thought of his... only, it wasn't his.

The human subconscious stuck in his mind spoke to him, as it did so many times before, a human named Chris Hale.

No, I didn't. Starburst replied to the mistaken human in his head, and tried to lie back down. Try and go back to sleep, Chris.

To the outside world, it might seem as if he were having an invisible conversation with himself, which they would be right for.

Edited by CentipedeGhoul

@Shadow Dancer

Crystal smiles but blushes at Indicus rubbing her chitin clad hand, though she didn't mind it too much, as she felt it was his way of comforting her, She smiles at him "We're not far now, I can't wait to show you, oh and don't mind the mewing, it's just my cat and her kittens, they were born the other day" she says with a smile and a giggle.

@Lil' Lovebug

Night smiles and leans over the counter "Here, lets see if this will give you a hint" she says and plants a nice big kiss on the mare's lips then giggles "Does that answer your question for you darling?"