Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you consider to be the WORST song in the Equestria Girls movies?

Azureth

Out of all the movies what do you consider to be the worst song? I'd have to go with "This is our big night". Not only does the song itself sound bad but considering what they are going up against it seems ridiculous how happy they non-serious they seem to be.

6 minutes ago, Azureth said:

Out of all the movies what do you consider to be the worst song? I'd have to go with "This is our big night". Not only does the song itself sound bad but considering what they are going up against it seems ridiculous how happy they non-serious they seem to be.

I have to agree with you. This is Our Big Night seems a bit more like pandering to the little girls in the audience if anything. They dream about getting a makeover and fantasising about their prom nights, it's pretty lame in my honest opinion. Even other songs have the decency to put in some sort of effort. With that said, it causes very little damage. It's a harmless, somewhat catchy little song.

Edited by maemaee
  • Brohoof 2

This one:

^I generally go more based on the overall sound of the song instead of merely lyrics/ message (not to say the lyrics were good in this song either but you get my point o,o)

There were some decent elements of this song, but in the execution with how everything came together, it did not mesh very well and sounded pretty awful. The vocals in particular are atrocious. While This is our Big Night certainly had a much more shallow message, I feel as though the musicality behind it, both the vocals and bgm, were actually pleasant to listen to. 

Edited by ChocolateCrane

26 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Surprised no one's mentioned the obvious:

P.S.: In the words of EaglesMan710, "Still better rappers than Lil Wayne."

I was about to say

I dunno if it counts since it's supposed to be bad, but c'mon. Snips and Snails rapping. That shit is just asking for your ears to bleed

Aside from that it's pretty hard, since I enjoy most of the EQG songs

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 1

Seeing how I enjoy all of the songs from the EQG movies, I am going to cheat and go with what others have said and go with the Snips and Snails rap.

If only for the fact it was deliberately meant to sound bad.

The worst song has to be the song that made me want to skip to whole scene, some bad songs made for comedic purposes are not counted (like Snip & Snail rap or Counterspell song). The worst song is Midnight in me, it has similiar tune with Luna Future song, i dont know which one is 1st but compare those two, Midnight look like it is a downgrade version (tune) of Luna future. The song itself is not objectively bad, but compare to all EQG songs, it is the worst. 

Snips & Sails rapping was maybe bad, but also kind of funny. To me this is the worst song of them all:

But some people mean that it does not count because it is supposed to be bad, then I will go with this one:

• Brohoof 2

Definitely agree with "This Is Our Big Night." Wasn't too hot on some of the songs from Legend of Everfree either, but I think a lot of that is just not finding the contexts or sentiments expressed all that interesting. 

My picks are "Awesome as I Want to Be" and "Tricks Up my Sleeve". The first because Rainbow was acting like a arrogant diva literally singing her own praises and the second because it's Trixie, dammit, and I'll be hanged before I'd like something she performed. (Yes, I don't like Trixie that much :eww: - what of it?)

Tough call for me to make since I generally like all of the songs Equestria Girls has provided, but if I were to pick just one of them, it would have to be the remixed version of "This is our Big Night" that occurs after Sunset is defeated. It should have been a different song and not simply a shortened remix of a song that was performed about fifteen minutes earlier.

(edited)

"This Is Our Big Night" is definitely a weirdly placed song, but I find myself listening to it on Spotify pretty often. I like cheesy pop songs especially ones sung by cartoon horse people. 

I think I'd have to go with "Strange New World" as my least favorite/the worst. Most of the songs posted in this thread are straight up bangers, but "Strange New World" is really boring to me. Yay, exposition? I guess? 

Edited by draculaura
sorry, submitted too soon lol

Probably Rainbow Rocks. However, none of them are "terrible." As a guy who can't sit through musical cues without growing bored, a lot of them were tolerable enough.

That being said, Rainbow Rocks made me cringe.

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, The Undefeated of the East said:

I was about to say

I dunno if it counts since it's supposed to be bad, but c'mon. Snips and Snails rapping. That shit is just asking for your ears to bleed

Aside from that it's pretty hard, since I enjoy most of the EQG songs

I take this back

Tricks Up My Sleeve sucks

(edited)
16 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

I take this back

Tricks Up My Sleeve sucks

Lmao! Why? I think it's pretty decent. Perhaps not as "stellar" as everyone's favorite dragon molester would have you believe, but still enjoyable nonetheless :o 

Edited by K.Rool Addict

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

Lmao! Why? I think it's pretty decent. Perhaps not "stellar" as everyone's favorite dragon molester would have you believe, but still enjoyable nonetheless :o 

I just recently rewatched the movie, but it just sounded really lame compared to just about everything else the movie had to offer

I don't know why, but 'Unleash the Magic' from Friendship games is probably my least favorite. It just seems too...'generic' of a villain song. It has a nice tone, but the speak-song tone of the whole thing gets old after one verse. 

I'm going with This is Our Big Night, if we don't count songs that are intentionally bad.  Not only do the characters seem to be having way too good a time getting dressed for an event that would decide the fate of two worlds, but there's another reason I dislike it that no one else seems to focus on: it's a blatant doll commercial.  Just think about it for a second.  I know EQG was created so that Hasbro could sell its Monster High knockoff dolls, but even this first movie is at least cleverly disguised enough that it doesn't feel like a commercial, for the most part, nor do any of the later films.  Fans like to joke that the show is a 22 minute toy commercial, but again, they're pretty clever at not making us feel like we're watching a commercial.

That said, for that one scene in the first EQG, Hasbro and DHX decided to forego any attempt to disguise what was the most blatant commercial for their toy line.  Just imagine that scene with low-res pictures of the various dolls lazily edited in next to the characters they represent.  In fact, I'm kind of surprised Hasbro didn't do just that and air at least part of that song as an actual commercial.  I mean, tell me you can't see an image of the Rarity doll being superimposed next to Rarity as she's doing her nails or the Fluttershy doll being next to Fluttershy as her hair is being brushed.  It's a doll commercial.  Maybe they were going for an attempt to imprint the notion of purchasing the dolls in their target audience on a more subconscious level.  Either way, it's lame and I'm glad later movies haven't been that blatant in their advertising.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, The Undefeated of the East said:

I just recently rewatched the movie, but it just sounded really lame compared to just about everything else the movie had to offer

Well, to be fair, Rainbow Rocks had some really incredible songs. Tricks Up My Sleeve would have more snuggly fit into EQG 1 than either 2 or 3 just due to the huge difference in quality of the overall compositions.

On 3/30/2017 at 11:47 AM, A.V. said:

Surprised no one's mentioned the obvious:

P.S.: In the words of EaglesMan710, "Still better rappers than Lil Wayne."

For me, this one is the worst by a long shot. But of course, it's meant to be terrible—we're talking about Snips and Snails, for crying out loud. :lol:

Of songs that aren't intentionally cringeworthy, I guess I have never thought Embrace The Magic and This Is Our Big Night are very good. 

The worst thing?

The utter lack of the awesomeness that is Sour Sweet and Ra-ra-ra talking it up at the Mall in the new specials.

All I need is Aria to show up and my Waifu trio is complete in EQG land.

Side bar: GLIM GLAM!!! You look amazing Darling! I need your jeans in my life!