Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is more importat/what do you value more: PC + internet or a car?

zerox

Just now, zerox said:

I love the internet. it's awesome :D

It used to be amazing. Makes me extremely depressed when I think about just how far it has fallen.

Glad some people are oblivious to it; as they say, "ignorance is bliss" ._.

Most certainly internet. Thankfully, i live in a big city with good transit, where you most of the time don't need a car. :P

PC and internet. Walking to and for work isn't so much a hassle when I live within about 10 to 15 minutes walk away. I'll only ever call a cab, if taking a lot of shopping home and it would be impractical to carry the shopping all the way home.

My truck. The internet will not take me to work, take me to the store, take me around town or let me go for a drive out in the real world which I think some people seem to be terrified of. I love the internet as much as the next guy and enjoy playing games, posting in the forum, and catching up on things that interest me, But seriously... I know people who will spend hours looking at pictures of sunrises and sunsets online wistfully, despite having them available to every single one of us in real life that we can go look at any time we feel like walking the few steps from our device to any window.

47 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

It used to be amazing. Makes me extremely depressed when I think about just how far it has fallen.

Glad some people are oblivious to it; as they say, "ignorance is bliss" ._.

So why are you using it then? They still write books and have all the things that existed before internet was a thing itself. Also, the internet is this huge thing that has virtually everything anyone could ever want depending upon what it is they want and it is still growing and paving the way into the future. It still is amazing, everything you saw, liked or appreciated is still there and has had more added on top of it. It has risen by all that it has to offer and the options it has opened up and will become more and more a part of everyone's daily life unless they go out of their way to avoid it, but has only fallen in the sense that it has a lot of dumb content out there now as well... but people are dumb to and like to look at it, so it is not going anywhere. But the simple solution to that is don't look at dumb content.

• Brohoof 2

My car is more important to me. Right now, I have an iPad, plus the university's residential services offer free Internet to students, so I value my car over internet. 

I wouldn't stand a chance trying to walk home from the university considering my house is on the exact opposite side of the country.

Edited by Yu Darvish
  • Brohoof 1

Car. No car, no way to get to work.

And no, I will not take a cab or the bus. I don't like having to rely on a flaky system just to get around. Plus, who the hell rolls up on a girls house off the bus and goes "It was either this or no internet, and I love me some memes".

Having a car is freedom to go where you want without worrying about bus routes or paying for a cab. Plus, buses here don't run after a certain time, so I sort of need a car if I am going out late. 

I live in a big city and have easy access to a whole lot of public transport, including an international airport.

So for me it's the PC+Internet, even though I don't value PCs as much ever since smartphones became a thing.

18 minutes ago, Soul Flare said:

I live in a big city and have easy access to a whole lot of public transport, including an international airport.

So for me it's the PC+Internet, even though I don't value PCs as much ever since smartphones became a thing.

I don't enjoy the small screens that normal phones have. I like 22"+ screens.

14 minutes ago, zerox said:

I don't enjoy the small screens that normal phones have. I like 22"+ screens.

So do I but you can't exactly fit a desktop and a monitor in your pocket to use while you're out and about.

• Brohoof 1

While I don't own a car and public transportation is a joke where I live, I'd go insane without the internet.

I don't even have the internet at home, but that makes me all the more thankful for my smartphone! :pinkie:

PC + Internet. The collective knowledge of humanity at one's leisure? Heck yeah.

And computers are good for difficult tasks that involve multiple steps, like calculation. While it's entirely possible to perform said calculations on one's own, the nano-second reaction time it takes for a computer to do these outclasses even the mightiest of mathematicians. With the aid of computers, humanity has reached the moon, after all.

A car is more of a convenience to me. I do enjoy driving, but it doesn't make up my most important