Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is more importat/what do you value more: PC + internet or a car?

zerox

Since I don't have a car of my own--I don't even have a driver's license--I value my laptop with its stable--for lack of a better word--connection.

I can't drive and never will be able to, so life has kind of already answered that one for me! There are times where I hate not being able to drive, but those are usually times where I'd just waste money to go get something to eat that I don't need (like sweets!).

The internet makes it very easy for me to be satisfied being holed up in my apartment, anyway. =P

Both.

Where I live, public transport is non-existent, and I live 15 minutes away from work, so I need a car. 

And a PC+internet? Well, how else does one stay connected to the world? Also, I spent a lot of money on mine, and it still has resale value.

• Brohoof 1

I vastly prefer a car to a PC or internet. I've never been a major fan of computers or even being online. It's a tool that is sometimes necessary but little more. I prefer real diversions to virtual ones. A car, even though it too is a tool, is a means of personal freedom and a way to reach those real places and diversions. Besides, it's fun to drive and I like to do so fast (when no one is around of course, especially those guys with the radar guns). :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Definitely a car. While both things are great, I can find more practical use for a car like for going on errands, work/school, travel and if it's a specific kind of car then also fun. Plus, cars always intrigued me when I was younger way before the mouse & keyboard.  

Car. I need it for work, I need it to hang out, I need it to get away if I choose to. Out where I live, there isn't a single thing that is "just a walk/bike away."

PC + net, of course. I never really wanted to have a car.

I own both, but my car is sat rusting at my parents' because I dont actually need it right now. Ive not driven it for a year ;-; (My Brother is learning to drive in it so it will be used again soon). 

I walk to work and my partner has a car and we only ever use it for shopping or going somewhere. If its just one of us going somewhere, we take the train as the station is behind our house. Plus the house only has parking for 1 car. 

We're both gamers and use the internet 24/7 so yeah we'd go with that over a car. 

I had a car for a while but it was old and ended up being scrapped. I lived 18 years of my life without a car before that and I've been fine since then. At my university I can walk anywhere in the city within 20 minutes so obviously the internet is more useful there as I need it for research. I think it's pretty easy to decide which one I prefer.

I tried to use my PC + Internet to go off-roading like my truck.

I got soooooo muddy, it was not even funny and when I took my PC afterwards to Fry's to get it "cleaned" they just screamed at me that that is not what the sign means by a free PC cleaning. WTF?

I'll go with vehicles. More useful and practical.

And easier to clean apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely a PC and Internet. I cannot drive due to anxiety problems so a car would just sit and collect lots of dust. It would be a dust museum. A PC with Internet allows me to do some things I normally cannot do well, like socialize with others and do some things that make my existence a bit more justified, like my signatures.

• 2 years later...