Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been banned?

zerox

I was banned from a very immature gaming forum for "Purposefully Inciting Arguments" and "Trolling" just because I said that I liked games that the majority of users don't then getting attacked for it. Yeah...I haven't been back there in about five years. As for getting banned from somewhere for a real reason, I haven't.

• Brohoof 1

well no, unless you count this one time where as a joke the admins on another forum banned me for like a day. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Only one time when I was associated with a certain MLP gaming group's forums. One of the owners (who was only owner because they were dating the original owner of the group) didn't really care for my hyper and energetic personality and took offense when I told someone to be careful of doing something bad around them because they're fairly strict with their rules.

Keep in mind I wasn't being a brat as I was wrongfully accused; I was honest and had no intention to hurt them (I've even had people defending on my behalf), but they took it too personally and IP banned me for "good". Well, they still proved themselves to be as strict and stubborn from that alone, so no biggie. ;)

(tl;dr: was banned because co-owner was petty; I wasn't bad in legitimacy, they just have a short-temper)

Edited by PrinceJayne
  • Brohoof 1

I was banned here while I was an Admin. It was for charity, but I'm counting it! I still see the warning in my profile :P

• Brohoof 3

I was permanently IP banned on over 80 different alternate accounts on Equestria Daily. All I did was joke around in the Nightly Discussion section with other members. The mods on that site are insanely uptight.

I was permanently IP banned on the Dragon Ball Online Revelation forums a total of 65-70 times mostly due to my "no-bullshit" nature. I liked to be snarky and the like, often instigating other members into fighting with each other. I would do so by being extremely kind to everyone and the "edge-lords" on the site perceived this as a method of trolling, so I was banned. Of course, I came back again and again in order to obtain justice for myself. If they wanted to accuse me of trolling, then I would show them what REAL trolling is xD (it is an art form; and it was an obscenely enjoyable experience).

A few other sites I got banned on like Ponychan for posting too many articulate walls of text detailing the degeneration of Pinkie Pie's characterization since season 2. Everyone flamed me to death because they disagreed and thought Pinkie's characterizations were actually good in season 2 and they thought it started going downhill in seasons 3-4. Apparently starting controversial discussions like this was enough reason to hand out a permanent IP ban -.-

I got my Pixiv account blocked because I decided to painstakingly translate walls of Japanese text (namely erotic short stories) as a method to practice my Japanese. Many English speaking members were requesting English translations of hentai on the site, so I translated a few of the images (which also had walls of Japanese text) and uploaded them whilst giving FULL credit to the original artist along with a link to their account. The mods banned me for "stealing others' artwork" xD

Basically, mods are no longer Gods~

DBOG forums, MLP Forums (aka this site), I got banned from a few times but only temp bans so it wasn't a big deal.

Edited by ChocolateCrane

Yeah, been banned a lot. I used to be more of a shit than I am now, sort have calmed down recently. The biggest one was on a pony forum though.

Funny thing was, I actually got unbanned later because I had gotten to know one of their admins. I got in with the community again. Now a few months later they make me a moderator. After a lifelong ban. Still am too, but the forum has seen better days.

Funny how shit like that goes down.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Normally no, but I have gained a few temp bans on this site. I'm a bit passionate about my political beliefs what can I say lol. 

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

;)

But you always come back for the ships and fics!

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Jeric said:

They really do have a reddit for everything, don't they?

Oh, you wouldn't believe what subreddits there are. I actually subscribed to /r/OnionLove just because I got banned from /r/OnionHate

It's like Rule 34. If it exists, there's a subreddit for it.

I have yet to be banned on any forum I've been on (I think about 4 or 5, only active on here currently.)

Though I did get an Love and Tolerance warning a few weeks back fussing somebody for what I believed to be a moronic comment (still believe so, pretty freaking strongly). Hey, I don't like people being really dumb, it drives me absolutely insane and it makes me swear repeatedly. (Though if you see my YouTube comments on political channels, there's almost always a swear word in them, because American politics is absolutely ridiculous...)

In general, I try to abide by rules the best I can, which is usually pretty well. Not just online, but everywhere (I still got in trouble once in school, but that's because somebody decided it was a good idea to be the most aggravating thing the Earth has ever known (Yes, even worse than gnats). After three months of it, couldn't stand it. Got suspended for 3 days for attacking the numbnutted bully-tard. Felt bad about getting in trouble, but if I could have actually done damage, he would have deserved every bit of it.

Yes. For being hostile. Which is OK, because I was being hostile.

I get accused of being hostile on forums quite often actually... and I probably am, c'est la vie. Most sites I've been on though just let it slide for right or wrong, mainly because those I am hostile towards are usually not well liked or annoy most other members or the staff themselves. Also, people hate blunt and take it right in the feels far too often.

That being said, I think I have been pretty good here and have not had an major issues, and I am trying to work on how i respond to what i perceive as incompetence. I rarely see it though, so that is probably why my behavior is so mellow overall.

I do have someone putting a wager on me though that I will crack and curbstomp somebody and get in all sorts of trouble here.

People have no faith in me or my self control. ;_;