Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

ManaMinori

I'd really like to know why, because it seems they're generally peaceful, positive people. And isn't positivity what we need, when the world is all doom and gloom, with crimes, wars,  backwards politics, disease, and whatnot? 

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

Are you talking about SJWs? because if so its because they arent peaceful they represent mobs of anti white hatred, and commonly advocate violence against police. (while they arent someone I hold in the highest regards.. you know there is no moral high ground  here) the best to watch would probably be the social justice losers video by Sargon of Akkad, if you think SJWs are peaceful you have never seen a live protest. Having a peaceful ideal and acting peaceful are two different things. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Rose Coil said:

Are you talking about SJWs? because if so its because they arent peaceful they represent mobs of anti white hatred, and commonly advocate violence against police. (while they arent someone I hold in the highest regards.. you know there is no moral high ground  here) the best to watch would probably be the social justice losers video by Sargon of Akkad, if you think SJWs are peaceful you have never seen a live protest. Having a peaceful ideal and acting peaceful are two different things. 

People that are TRULY privileged, do this to define their place in this world, by believing their privilege defines us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7VixPu_mE

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

This is clearly a bait thread -.-

"JW's" likely refer to something else we are not aware of and OP is trying to catch us all in his scheme~

maybe, I hope so, because this isnt really a question that takes a lot of thought lol.

Google tells me JW's are Jehovah's witnesses so I'll go with that, 

I've never really experienced one before, but from what I can tell from TV , they don't seem that bad. My only cause for disliking them a bit, is that their religion refuses blood transfusions, I mean, What if your kid needed one to survive? what then? 

1 minute ago, ChocolateCrane said:

Nightmare Muffin is one of the most intelligent posters I have seen on this site. Judging by all the other ludicrously well articulated threads he/she has created, I have no doubt in my mind that this is meant as a little joke on the side (possibly a bit of preemptive April Fools shenanigans -.^)

If its satirical than i guess i do understand, if its not, the question is the equivalent to asking why people dont like Nazis or the KKK... because people that publicly advocate hatred, and create opinionated authority are bad people.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

This is clearly a bait thread -.-

"JW's" likely refer to something else we are not aware of and OP is trying to catch us all in his scheme~

it's not a bait thread, so maybe refrain from commenting if you don't know. As I said in the op, I'm genuinely curious. And enough people should know JW stands for Jehovah's Witnesses- since they're so hated, for some odd reason. 

1 minute ago, Vulcan said:

I've never really experienced one before, but from what I can tell from TV , they don't seem that bad. My only cause for disliking them a bit, is that their religion refuses blood transfusions, I mean, What if your kid needed one to survive? what then? 

If this is indeed the case, than it is a question I can commonly reverb, I love the Jehovahs Witnesses...

1 minute ago, Vulcan said:

honestly, I wouldn't trust anything you see on tv about anyone. it's all played for dramatization, as with any news media. Best option is to get to know one in person, to get the whole story, but people act like JW's have the plague or something. =_= what the hay? 

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

honestly, I wouldn't trust anything you see on tv about anyone. it's all played for dramatization, as with any news media. Best option is to get to know one in person, to get the whole story, but people act like JW's have the plague or something. =_= what the hay? 

I am someone that HAS been to the watchtower and will be there on the 11th of April, if you want to know what it is like to be a Jehovahs Witness or to see their characters for yourself, find a watchtower near you prior to that date and note the time of the celebration to see their characters for yourself, Jehovahs Witnesses are some of the only people that have treated me like a human the past 8 years of my life.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Rose Coil said:

If this is indeed the case, than it is a question I can commonly reverb, I love the Jehovahs Witnesses...

I don't love'em or hate'em ....but I still can't get over the blood transfusions thing...it just seems so life-threatening.....It's like if there was a religion that banned the use of pharmaceutical medicine. 

4 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Maybe because TV stereotypes them as the type of peeps who always try to nudge others into joining their religion, So people tend to stay away because they like their own religion? I dunno really....just a random guess. 

Edited by Vulcan

6 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

Just my two cents: I don't hate Jehovah's Witnesses, I just find them annoying.

I would assume most people who hate them view their persistence as a form of harassment :o

aren't they just following what their religion says to do? If you view it as persistent, fine, but isn't there a saying about persistence paying off? Who not just let them do what they do? It's not like they're hurting anyone, right? 

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

aren't they just following what their religion says to do? If you view it as persistent, fine, but isn't there a saying about persistence paying off? Who not just let them do what they do? It's not like they're hurting anyone, right? 

Yea, they are doing what their religion tells them to do. Doesn't mean people outside of their religion are going to feel any differently. People will feel equally annoyed regardless.

I don't like any type of religious group knocking on my door trying to thrust their religious into my face. Luckily I have not experienced this much. If I ever did, I would be saying 'No thank you' and shutting the door as fast as I can. Whether or not their intentions are good, the basis behind the intentions is something I want no part of.

• Brohoof 5

the only thing I have against anyone, is when they believe it is their duty to tell you that you HAVE to be like them, or go to "bad places/things"

spiritual blackmail is not good for anyone... when I lived in an apartment complex back in 06-07, it was almost weekly we had "religious persons" coming to our door and trying to get us to "admit our sinful ways, turn from them, and embrace..." their beliefs...

keep in mind my apartment complex had a sign at each entrance that said "ABSOLUTLY NO SOLICITING". so they were breaking the law, to tell us what we were doing wrong, including having 3 bachelor men in one house...(though soliciting may be specifically about money, what do most religions do after you join? ASK FOR MONEY!)

I personally have nothing against any religion, BUT I do have a problem of people telling me what they "think" I am doing is wrong, regardless of the actual legality of the situation.

(one thing to help by correction, another to just accuse and condemn to force change)

and I definitively do not care for some one to denounce my ideas, or knowledge and only accept what they say as the only truth...

(that and I have seen many flaws in "groups of people", as if the reinforcements from the groups supersede the common sense of reality...mob mentality and such.)

also, for all the haters, NOTICE I included ALL! did not isolate any particular group, and my referral to "groups of people" can pertain to ANY group. Religious, Activists, Political, Governmental, and even places like here, and YouTube... as I was here as some crazy NSFW, horrid NON-PG communication between moderators on this site, I do know what I am referring to, and if you know as well... I am sorry for your knowledge of such things...

Now for a positive ending message!

Love will help, so love thy fellow people, do unto others as you would like done to you, Respect is Learned, NOT earned, and finally just because all other do it don't make it correct or right... just acceptable.

People? I assume some individual's distaste stems from them not wanting to be proselytized. It makes the most sense. 

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I don't like any type of religious group knocking on my door trying to thrust their religious into my face. Luckily I have not experienced this much. If I ever did, I would be saying 'No thank you' and shutting the door as fast as I can. Whether or not their intentions are good, the basis behind the intentions is something I want no part of.

I can see where you're coming from, because everyone has their own beliefs and all, but how could they possibly know that? You're a stranger to them, and they don't know what you believe, do they? Didn't Jesus do the same thing, back in his day? Going and meeting people he didn't know, and making disciples with his message, and all? And hey, people hated him in his time, too, because they killed him, no matter how good he was. 

doesn't the world have enough hate at it is? It seems so stupid to me to hate someone or a group of someones, for doing what could be their job, man. 

• Brohoof 1

23 minutes ago, ChocolateCrane said:

Yea, they are doing what their religion tells them to do. Doesn't mean people outside of their religion are going to feel any differently. People will feel equally annoyed regardless.

annoyed, I can understand. They're persistent, but isn't persistence good? To hate them for practicing their religion that they take seriously is like hating someone for routinely going to their job. Doesn't make sense. 

I don't hate them, I just find it annoying when they come to my door and refuse to take no for an answer. My ex once made the mistake of politely hearing them out and taking their pamphlet, so now they come around like once a week.

I'm seriously considering painting a pentagram on my door and hanging a goat skull over it.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I can see where you're coming from, because everyone has their own beliefs and all, but how could they possibly know that? You're a stranger to them, and they don't know what you believe, do they? Didn't Jesus do the same thing, back in his day? Going and meeting people he didn't know, and making disciples with his message, and all? And hey, people hated him in his time, too, because they killed him, no matter how good he was. 

doesn't the world have enough hate at it is? It seems so stupid to me to hate someone or a group of someones, for doing what could be their job, man. 

I second that. It's one thing to just not want to be proselytized, but it's another thing to judge a group for doing something nonviolent that isn't intended to be harassment.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

I don't hate them, I just find it annoying when they come to my door and refuse to take no for an answer. My ex once made the mistake of politely hearing them out and taking their pamphlet, so now they come around like once a week.

I'm seriously considering painting a pentagram on my door and hanging a goat skull over it.

question, because I'm curious. Do they ask for your ex when they come, or do they ask for you? Have you specifically told them not to come around again? Why not ask your ex and see what they're coming for, if they're there for that person? Maybe you don't have the whole story, or maybe you do. But it never hurts to ask questions. 

and reply back if you get the answers, because again- I'm genuinely curious on why they're coming back, and if you've said anything about it to them. 

I wouldn't know, I've never had to deal with one. But I imagine it's cause they shove religion in your face, and people are starting to outgrow religion. Also, it's kind of an unnecessary service, cause if I wanted to get involved in a religion, I'd just join a church.

Edited by (-_-) Panzysoldat
  • Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Doesn't matter to me. I wouldn't get rude with them or anything of course, but if they press the issue, I won't listen to it. I will simply say that I am not religious and leave it at that. What they do with that is their choice.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be indifferent towards them, til I found a forum thread on another MLP fansite, created by someone who was born into the Jehovah's Witnesses. (Another Jehovah's Witness, who hadn't "left" the group yet, but no longer believed in them, also weighed in on the same thread.)

http://www.roundstable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13411&hilit=cult&sid=b4100e0e622708f6c622fa825a416b03

I did some research of my own afterwards, on, uh... Wikipedia. >_> But if what Wikipedia says is true, then there are some concerning things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses#Social_criticisms

I recommend giving this a read.