Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nickname Time!

child of the night

My curiosity always seems to get the better of me so now the question stands: have you ever been given a nicknamed and if so why were you given it?

My nicknames:

1. Jarrodo: Not actually sure about why they chose this given it has nothing to do with my name but my lifelong friend started calling me this for a period of time...
  2. 57: yup I have two numbers as a nickname because my last name is heinz which is a popular condiments brand that also used 57 as the main logo
  3. Echo: People that meet me are told my name is echo by others because I would memorize everything I read and would know the answers to everything so I could repeat the answer to any question (I have mostly lost this ability though, still called echo)
Edited by child of the night
  • Brohoof 1

My nickname was Mercury (Merc or Mer for short) for the longest time since that was one forum name of mine. Every acquaintance I met on the forum called me that until I eventually changed my screen name to Miinus.

Then there's been Lemon - the nickname I get called nowadays by internet friends (outside this forum though). :D Lemon has almost become a second name for me, since some of my classmates also know about that nickname. Since it's about classmates now, they've started calling me Cookie dude occasionally because I tend to buy cookies fairly often and share them with the classmates.

Some nicknames I've been called by others are:

- Kyubiki: It was a nickname given to my by one of my friends back in high school. My friend told me that I reminded them of Naruto most of the time. They gave me that nickname at the end of my Sophomore year. It sounded pretty cool to me and I've used it for my gamer tag in video games.

- Fox boy: Another nickname given to me by a friend back in high school. It was also because I reminded them of Naruto as well. Some of my other friends heard that name and also called me fox boy. The nickname sounded cool and has stuck to me ever since. 

• Brohoof 2

Storm - One of my personas and the other name I go by
Mizuki/Mizu - Another persona or name I'll answer to
Mango - I forgot why
Tangy-Tot - Nickname friend gave me
Eko - Nickname friend gave me

• Brohoof 2

Smiley - given to me by my wife when we were dating. It started out as an ironic nickname because it was being a grump that day. It stuck and became a term of endearment used by her. 

J - First letter of my real first name and also my username here. 

Hose Bee - My sister's nickname for me that is derived from the Spanish version of my name. 

Jer/Jerry - Some people on her have taken to calling me that in chat conversations. 

• Brohoof 2

Most of my friends just call me "Stick" (sounds better in my native language) because of my thin frame. Some of the people call me "Hook" or "Crash" because of how parts of my last name are roughly translated to.

I'm not a big fan of nicknames, people can just call me Michael if they'd like. I'm fine with that.

Edited by Invincible
  • Brohoof 1

I have had and still have many nicknames. They all come from my name so there is no point listing all of them but one teacher used to call me Michael Schumacher (Schumi in short) and one name used more was a Finnish city Mikkeli.

One joke nickname to me between me and my friend is Edge lord.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Kor. Because my middle name is Korey. Not many people in real life call me that, only my dad. And not so much anymore either. But it's my online name, because I don't choose to reveal my full name.

• Brohoof 1

Usually I don't have any nicknames, but last year in English class my nickname was "Killer". I'm not sure why that became a thing, but even my teacher was calling be it for a while.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a baby, my grandpa started calling me "Buttons" because he said I had a cute little button nose. He has since passed, but a couple of family members still use the name from time to time. ^^

In middle school, a couple of friends referred to me as "Dodger" after the character from Oliver Twist, since I loved using sneaky tactics during games of capture the flag! :P

On the forums, a few people still refer to me as "Quartzy" from back when I was Quartz Aegis. My main online nickname is "Kiri", though some have called me "Kiwi". ;) 

• Brohoof 1

I've been called many different names. My real name is Katie but my niece started calling me Kacky when she was very little. I guess it was easier to say. When I was little, my grandpa called me Mouse. I'm also called 'K' or Kit Fox. I often call myself Katie Ol' Girl or more often, Lady Katie Idiot, it just seems so natural. There are one or two other names but I can't really say them here. :please:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Cash In - A nickname which was given to me back in Grade 9. I used to lend out lunch money to my pals, so they started calling me this. I hated it at first, but I needed a username when I joined this forum, sooo

• Brohoof 2

My nickname is Kimi, short for Kimberly. Many of my friends call me this because only family calls me by my real name. I don't know why I was called it growing up, but it's something that my grandfather used to call me before he died. He died when I was a year old. Now, you might think that was the end, right? It wasn't. I grew up being told he was my guardian angel. I don't care if you believe in this stuff or not, but I have always felt very close to him my entire life. He's helped me through a lot and has always made me feel safe. In fact, my mom told me his last dying words were "give kimi a hug and kiss". That's one reason why I love my nickname now because it has a lot of strong meaning to me. <3

• Brohoof 1

In the elementary school I received a nickname based on my last name. It was "Rojek". I never liked it to be honest. :twi:

In the next school I was called "Leon" or "Leo" for short. It was a reference to Leo Beenhakker, so the nickname started to exist due to PE subject. At first it was just "Leo"; "Leon" came next when a juice with that name appeared in TV advertisements. At first they kinda called me that way to annoy me, but eventually it stayed like this. I actually liked that nickname, though it happens to be a relatively common name outside Poland, at least, so it's nothing special I assume. :P

In the yet another school, I was called "Riki", which was a reference to Riku Riski and also based on my last name. So yeah, again results of PE, but this time, the teacher came up with that, not classmates. It went through really fast; I instantly was called like this since that. And as you can see by my current username, I also got used to it and actually liked it. I'm sticking to that one to this day; though some friends still call me "Leon".

My mother calls me "Misiek", which is a Polish equivalent of "Teddy". Some co-workers also call me that way for some reason. :derp:

• Brohoof 2

my nickname is "pater" which means "father" / "padre" i used to have a long beard and thats what priest have around here so i got that nickname, it stuck even after i shaved my beard 
and some people that we played online games together also call me Valtasar IRL

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 2