Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the point of life/living?

zerox

Learning. The whole point is to learn and improve as a person. That's all that can be taken away from all this; everything else is left behind when we die. Life is filled with both positive and negative experiences, and the only common thread between them is learning from them and forging a better spirit. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There is no universal point. It is solely up to the individual to figure out what the point is. 

If you are looking for someone else to tell you what the point to living is in order find your own reason for living, it simply will not work.

I will say, from an absolute base line, the point of living is to experience life. In other words, you really have no obligation no matter what other people tell you. It's up to you, and you alone what you wanna do in life. One man's trash is another man's treasure; likewise the concept of "being a no-lifer" is a complete farce.

This is one philosophical area in which MLP: FiM is pretty spot on. The whole idea of the "cutie mark" is a perfect summation of such.

Edited by K.Rool Addict

To be happy and do what you want to do. Nothing big, nothing world-changing, just being happy with what you're doing. I don't think I need a higher purpose in my life than that.

There are quite a few but the one sticking out to me the most at the moment is to raise a good family and be a good father. I currently don't have children so I have time to prepare. 

• Brohoof 1

the reason for living is so that you can get ready for the inevitable doom known as death, but simply making it a good life before that time.

To do something you like and get good at it, but it must be something productive so if you are good at gaming and like it I don't count that as a meaning of life and a point of living. As for me art give a meaning to my life and I want to get better at it and I think that it's also important. If it didn't exist I think my life would be boring. You have many things to learn and many places to explore. If you are someone who is just gaming and do nothing productive all days that's not a life and you must do something. That's what I think about it.

• 2 months later...

I would like to say that this thread has 42 posts right now. As for my opinion, I don't really think it has much of a purpose and it just exists and that is that.

I'm not sure. I think we are all just here on a whim. Until less than a year ago, I think it was just worthless, as I was living in misery. Today, that shit finally seems to be looking up, it's still rather pointless, as we are all gonna die anyway, but at least I can see that there can be something good in life for the first time in a decade, and death is a point of no return. I don't think I'm afraid to die, but I'm no longer in a hurry to do so

Objectively speaking, there's absolutely no point in living imo. It's all about creating a reason to live yourself.

(edited)

Point of living is i think quite subjective as different people live for different things as such i dont think there is a single correct answer to this question. For me the point is moving forward in my path and having good time.

Edited by ooReiko
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

For me it's to create the ponies from MLP as advanced robots to create a new and perfect society. It's embedded deep into my system and it's exactly what I was specifically designed for. Plus my other primary objective is to unite all of us into one massive family. :)

Edited by Techno Universal