Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the point of life/living?

zerox

5 minutes ago, Ando333 said:

there's no objective point, just give yourself a reason and go for it

I would actually say life itself is the point of life. Circumstances change what that means for everyone but ultimately your are a part of history no matter what you do.

Talk shit and get laid. But in reality absolutley nothing. I don't beilive in a god so i think we are all here by accident. So dedicate your life too whatevr the f**k you feel like.

• Brohoof 2

To eat/drink, poop, compete, sex, and die? That's all I got. We're all living cause why not? If Life is Meaningless, then Death is Meaningful. :P But, Death makes no sense and it co-existing with Life necessitates a reason that there should be more to it that just THAT. Personally, I believe that there is a Creative Force out there and I as Its creation should do its every bidding. :) That's just how I roll.

(edited)

The point of life? The point of living is to enjoy it, live it to the fullest, figure out who you are and just have fun! 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Scientifically speaking, our purpose in life is to survive long enough to pass on our genetics to the next generation of humans.

Personally speaking, I think that we're in a rather unique position among all other creatures on the Earth in that we're self-aware and capable of deciding our own fate for ourselves. This uniquely-human trait is what separates us from other animals. I think that our purpose in life is to achieve progress, to love and understand each other, and to ensure that we leave behind a beautiful and safe planet for our children and our children's children to live on.

• Brohoof 1

It's different for every person, really. Some people live for their children, their faith, their family, so that they can help others, or so that they can do something great with their lives and leave a legacy that improves the lives of future generations, amongst many other things. Personally, I live for the sake of others, the love that I have for them, and the love that they have for me. Us telling you what gives your life meaning won't give you the answers that you seek. In order to find out why life is worth it, you must first look inside yourself and find what is important to you. What do you value? Who do you value? All these things are necessary.

• Brohoof 1

Found this at the same time as I found this topic :P

*cue existential dread*

btw. gotta love Bojack Horesman :'D

20431703_1070852496385607_78427828408928

Edited by Nara

Well, the purpose our lives in a biological context is to ensure the survival and proliferation of our genes. That's pretty much the intrinsic goal of all organisms in the natural world. But I think it's up to you to find any deeper meaning than that, whether that's through philosophy, philanthropy or religion. So basically any other meaning of life is most likely subjective.

Personally I just want to learn about the world and try to benefit the world and society in any way that I can.

• Brohoof 1

Ya see, there is no point. Just, nimrods like me wanna do it.  Like come on. Who would want to be in paradise for all eternity, knowing you didn't go down hard and make a difference for people.  I need to change my motto to "there are positives and negatives but one cannot live without the other." There are people like me who are natural positives but there are also people who are negatives. Embrace it because a lot of people fake positivity.  That doesn't mean you can't have fun, it just means you provide control and order. Ying yang, Pinkie and Maud.

You know I have been through therapy and depression pills and yet I still don't know. I always seem to be asking myself that very same question and yet I can never really find a solid reason. I guess the whole point of life/living is laughing, and making the best of it the best way you can.

• Brohoof 1

On 18.7.2017 at 6:51 PM, Tilgoreth said:

Talk shit and get laid. But in reality absolutley nothing. I don't beilive in a god so i think we are all here by accident. So dedicate your life too whatevr the f**k you feel like.

According to my own Father, i actually was an accident. I wasnt planned at all. XD

Im not sure if i have posted something here already, i think not, but i think the point in living, at least from a biological standpoint, is to help our Species survive by having children i guess. I mean surviving is like the real actual goal, everything else is just a side thing.

Why surviving though? I have no Idea, specially since we humans harm the planet more than helping it and many Animals just kill each other, seems pretty unnecessary harmful and senseless. My Point in living is simply to play all Games i like, watch everything i like, maybe see the world and maybe have a girlfriend at some point.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Lex Destrosio said:

According to my own Father, i actually was an accident. I wasnt planned at all. XD

Im not sure if i have posted something here already, i think not, but i think the point in living, at least from a biological standpoint, is to help our Species survive by having children i guess. I mean surviving is like the real actual goal, everything else is just a side thing.

Why surviving though? I have no Idea, specially since we humans harm the planet more than helping it and many Animals just kill each other, seems pretty unnecessary harmful and senseless. My Point in living is simply to play all Games i like, watch everything i like, maybe see the world and maybe have a girlfriend at some point.

I meant more like the genesis of life wasn't divine. Also sincenlife has no objective purpose do what you will with it. 

• 6 months later...