Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Videogame you've ever played

Luigi

21 hours ago, cpl_dixon said:

The worst games I can think of that I've played are: Unpossible, Spongebob's Atlantis Squarepantis, Six Flags: Fun Park, The Glacier Series, and Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5.

What is it with any games with "Atlantis" in the title being unholy abominations unto thee.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, SONICchaos said:

What is it with any games with "Atlantis" in the title being unholy abominations unto thee.

That and having the number 6 no less being slightly functional abominations with some of the best soundtrack to grace video game history. Sonic 2006, and Megaman X6. I would also like to put Superman 64, but that game is on a whole different level of abomination. :lol:

OT: The worst games I've ever played were Sylvester & Tweety in Cagey Capers for the Sega MegaDrive and Megaman X6 for the PS1. Don't like both of these games, but if I were to pick the lesser of two evils I'd pick the Sylvester & Tweety game over Megaman X6. The level design of X6 sucks and the Nightmare System doesn't work the way its intended. X7 is at least functional to a degree in terms of gameplay and somewhat competent level design. Not in X6 :lol:, try doing Gates Lab Stage 1 with Bare-bones X, I dare you.

12 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

That and having the number 6 no less being slightly functional abominations with some of the best soundtrack to grace video game history. Sonic 2006, and Megaman X6. I would also like to put Superman 64, but that game is on a whole different level of abomination. :lol:

OT: The worst games I've ever played were Sylvester & Tweety in Cagey Capers for the Sega MegaDrive and Megaman X6 for the PS1. Don't like both of these games, but if I were to pick the lesser of two evils I'd pick the Sylvester & Tweety game over Megaman X6. The level design of X6 sucks and the Nightmare System doesn't work the way its intended. X7 is at least functional to a degree in terms of gameplay and somewhat competent level design. Not in X6 :lol:, try doing Gates Lab Stage 1 with Bare-bones X, I dare you.

Unpopular opinion: X6 was a decent game and I like it more than some other games in the series, the fact that you can actually get everything as both x and Zero puts above some other games 

i don't get how people think X7 was even remotely a functioning game, I remember it having shit hit detection, characters controlling horribly and moving slow as molasses, and having one of the worst targeting systems ever 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Prowl said:

Unpopular opinion: X6 was a decent game and I like it more than some other games in the series, the fact that you can actually get everything as both x and Zero puts above some other games 

i don't get how people think X7 was even remotely a functioning game, I remember it having shit hit detection, characters controlling horribly and moving slow as molasses, and having one of the worst targeting systems ever 

You're entitled to your opinion just as much as I am. I've even seen Sonic Fanboys going in great lengths defending Sonic 2006 being the best game ever made.

I hate X7 just as much as X6. I appreciate X7 doing its own thing with it being the first Megaman game to have 3D sections. X6 screwed up the storyline of the Zero series.

I find it unbelievable that it is doable to do a no damage run on Megaman X6. But now I would like to see if they can ignore collecting all the reploids in the game, especially those that give you the Jumper and Speedster upgrade making Gates Lab 1 impossible to complete with X. Stupid that rescuing reploids is mandatory to even beat the game, but then again X7 is worse on that since Reploids die from any enemy hit. X6 is a game meant for Zero. Otherwise it feels like a misplaced ROMhack disguised as a Megaman X game.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Can't speak about Tweety and Silverster, nor X7, but I can about X6. I can't say it's remotely close to being one of the worst games I've ever played, it's functional, but the cash-grab nature it's evident, plus the artificial difficulty it's a turn-off, specially the nightmare effects. It's can be beaten, but you'll have a hard time going back at it  

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Prowl said:

@Celli@ZethaPondererWhile I do agree X8's a solid game, I do feel it gets an easy ride coming right off X7(and X6). Better control and polish, but I do find its difficulty leaning more on frustrating

Fair enough on your end finding X8 frustrating in comparison to X6. However, I find X6 beyond frustrating to play. I'm playing it right now since I'm on a Mega-Manathon. So for me, Black Zero and Ultimate Armor does this game justice to some extent. X6 cheats IMO and I must cheat back :lol:. I tried fighting High Max without using any special weapons and abilities of the Mavericks. He's impossible to kill. So I have to purposely kill myself just so I can get a game over and continue on picking another stage where the Maverick may or may not have a Nightmare Effect (the red highlighter indicates it, but it doesn't work the way its intended). Great Programming.

15 minutes ago, Prowl said:

@Celli@ZethaPondererWhile I do agree X8's a solid game, I do feel it gets an easy ride coming right off X7(and X6). Better control and polish, but I do find its difficulty leaning more on frustrating

I mean, it does have a difficulty selection, so if you're having trouble you can always switch to a lower difficulty.

No one probably even knows this game, as I'm fairly sure that it came out of a cereal box. I think it was for the Playstation...

It was called Bubsy. Totally traded a kid some legos for it, kid me 10/10 wouldn't have done it again lol.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

No one probably even knows this game, as I'm fairly sure that it came out of a cereal box. I think it was for the Playstation...

It was called Bubsy. Totally traded a kid some legos for it, kid me 10/10 wouldn't have done it again lol.

Played that shit :D . It's hard to NOT know that game now considering that I've seen many reviewers (including The Nerd :dash: ) covering it :D . And Bubsy is coming back. HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE ?

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Oh... you mean Bubsy 3D. An insult to 3D platformers everywhere.

bubsy-3d-furbitten-planet-usa.jpg

I feel sorry for you and for that kid you traded with having to play such an infamous piece of video game history equivalent to the Zelda CDI games. No one deserves to play that. XD

• Brohoof 1

On 8/4/2017 at 0:21 AM, ZethaPonderer said:

Oh... you mean Bubsy 3D. An insult to 3D platformers everywhere.

bubsy-3d-furbitten-planet-usa.jpg

I feel sorry for you and for that kid you traded with having to play such an infamous piece of video game history equivalent to the Zelda CDI games. No one deserves to play that. XD

I'm somehow horrified to know that it was a thing... all those poor souls that experienced the gameplay of it, I pity them! :(

• Brohoof 1

I can't really name many bad games off the top of my head since bad games usually don't leave on an impression on me. One that HAS left a negative impression on me, though, is Overwatch. I know people love to say it's not comparable to TF2, and if any of you out there want to try to argue that with me you wouldn't be the first and won't be the last. It feels like a disgusting, watered down TF2 stripped of everything that made TF2 fun in the first place. 

On 8/1/2017 at 6:08 PM, Niko said:

Dota 2. Jesus christ I hate that game so much lol

Spoiler

4UPDCNP.jpg

Gosh, I remember now. There is this recent game called 'mighty no 9' , I bought it along with my Xbox. And, holy cow was it bad! 

You ran around as this little weird guy, ( no female avatar, or maybe I haven't found it ) and shot enemies with your blaster thing. If I remember it clearly it was a strange side scrolling action-platform game...

Independence Day on the Playstation. Garbage movie, garbage game. Garbage SEQUEL, too.

....Wanting to remember all the garbage games I've played up over the years is hurting my head. Please, make it stop. D:

Worst game I've probably ever played was Sonic '06. I wanted to try it out and see if it was really as buggy as it seemed. I think it had potential and I think Mephiles was a great Lillian (sure he's a coward for shooting Sonic in the back, but aren't cowards some of the most dangerous villains?), but the developers really screwed it up, and don't even get me started on the Elise kissing dead Sonic scene. *cringe*

• Brohoof 1