Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Illegal

Well, I may have watched a lot of animes over the years, but here's my personal favourites:

• Pokémon
  • Bakugan
  • Beyblade (both original and metal series)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! (used to play it with my big brother when we were little)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't really have a favorite. Anime is just one of those things I watch once and forget about. Some info and parts will remain in my memories, but most of it will fade. It is very rare that I will ever watch the same anime again. Unless I grew up with said anime.
That being said, animes I like include

Grew up with it

• Pokemon (Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn) 
  • Yu-GI-Oh 
  • Detective Conan/Case Closed
  • Inuyasha
  • Bakugan
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Martin Mystery (It may be American, but it looks and feels exactly like an anime. So, I count it.)

Didn't Grow Up With It, but like it

• Yu Yu Hakusho (Currently still watching.)
  • Steins;Gate
  • Durarara!!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (Currently put the brakes on this one, since I feel like I need to watch the first series before.)
  • Teen Titans
  • Lazytown 
Edited by (-_-) Panzysoldat
  • Brohoof 2

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 9:32 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

I had forgotten how much I loved "Pani Poni Dash!". I just started re-watching it. It's laugh out loud funny! The show doesn't make a lot of sense, but the opening theme rocks!

Keeping up with the humor in this anime is ridiculous. The jokes fly across the screen two or ten at a time. I have to pause to see them all. @_@

On topic: I'll have to look at my anime list to see everything I've watched over the years but a few I can remember off the top of my head:

Darker Than Black

Heaven's Lost Property

D-Frag!

One Punch Man

Love Hina (the manga)

Jing: King of Bandits (also the manga)

Drifters

Great Teacher Onizuka

To name a few. There's lots more where that came from.

• Brohoof 2

Ouran Host Club

Inuyasha

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Paranoia Agent

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Baccano

Durarara (I know i probably spelled that horribly lol)

Golden Boy

Yuyu Hakusho

Higurashi Koro No ki

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would say One Punch Man and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood are the best anime I've ever seen.

I'm more of a manga person, though. Most anime are not as good as their manga counterparts. The two I mentioned are the exceptions.

Edited by Halberd

On April 1, 2017 at 0:32 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

I had forgotten how much I loved "Pani Poni Dash!". I just started re-watching it. It's laugh out loud funny! The show doesn't make a lot of sense, but the opening theme rocks!

Oh shit! Wasn't expecting someone with refined taste to post in this thread :o

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, god. I have a lot that I seriously like, but I always forget what order I love them in so here's a random jumble list of ones I can think of.

Charlotte

Fairy Tail

Overlord

Darker than Black

Seraph of the End (or Owari no Seraph)

Attack on Titan 

Konosuba

Danmachi (or Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) 

Akame ga Kill (More-so the manga, but the anime was good too) 

B Gata H Kei 

I guarantee I forgot some, but that's the general list I can conjure up for now.

Edited by Dakcka

JoJo's is my absolute favorite atm, easily the most fun I've had watching any show. The manga is amazing too and I've been reading Stone Ocean while waiting for Vento Aureo to be animated

Boku no Hero Academia is another favorite of mine, MOSTLY for the frog waifu but the show is entertaining enough

If any of you have not watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Death Note, or Elfen Lied, then you haven't lived yet xD Those three I can recommend to pretty much ANY anime fan out there (unless you cannot tolerate a little gore ofc)

Outside of those GOD tier shows, I can suggest the following:

Anohana

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-Chan

FLCL (FuriKuri)

Nichijou

Haruhi

Lucky Star

YuruYuri

Kodomo no Jikan

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Gunslinger Girl

On 2017-04-09 at 4:31 PM, Lunarpalette said:

The Last Airbender. That's an Anime right? I don't watch Anime really except that one. It was awesome!

• Technically, yes, as "anime" simply is the Japanese word for animation. Cartoons are too anime by this definition.
  • Prevailingly, no, as anime fans and the western world tend to use "anime" to describe animation originating from Japan. Avatar was made in America.
  • Subjectively, yes, as The Last Airbender perfectly assembles the essence of mainstream anime.

-----

Here are my current top 12 favorite anime shows (not including movies) (I'd post more but then it's not really my favorites anymore and more like shows that I really like) (you gotta wait 10 years for pics to load)

Spoiler

8498.jpg22128.jpg52921.jpg75617.jpg

14415.jpg45769.jpg52675.jpg73932.jpg

65187.jpg75525.jpg50389.jpg66.jpg

Clannad (I prefer S2), Toradora, Yuru Yuri, Nichijou, Kino no Tabi, Oreimo, Welcome to the NHK, Hayate no Gotoku, No Game No Life, Yama no Susume (I prefer S2), Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, Azumanga Daioh

Yeah, lots of moe. Lol.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Jokuc

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Jokuc said:
  • Technically, yes, as "anime" simply is the Japanese word for animation. Cartoons are too anime by this definition.
  • Prevailingly, no, as anime fans and the western world tend to use "anime" to describe animation originating from Japan. Avatar was made in America.

^Oh wow, a fellow anime fan who knows his shit for once :o

You have no idea how many people I have met, be it anime fans, haters, etc, who just cannot grasp these two concepts. >.<; Needless to say it is very frustrating lol

Let's see:

Elfen Lied
Hajime no Ippo
Inuyasha
Haikyuu
Yowamushi Pedal
Rurouni Kenshin
Fullmetal Alchemist (both series)
Bleach
Naruto
Berserk
Hellsing Ultimate
Digimon (Adventure, 02, and Tamers)
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
Code Geass
Death Note (first half only)
One Piece
School Rumble
K-ON
Azumanga Daioh
A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Scientific Railgun
Shakugan no Shana
Yu-Gi-Oh

I've watched other series, like Evangelion and Attack on Titan, but they're not among my favorites so they don't belong in this list.

One piece, It even has "one" in the title! 

For reals though, No other anime compares to it's story-telling.....It's just soooooo good <3 

2nd and 3rd place would be Naruto and Shaman King...the latter I only like only because it's one of the few Childhood shows that still holds up well for me.

• 8 months later...

K-On!(My all time favorite)

Black Lagoon

Cowboy Bebop

Gurren Lagann

Dragon Ball (Original)

Panty and Stocking

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls

Angel Beats

FLCL

Code Geass

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Ghost Stories (best dub ever)

Edited by ultrairongorilla

I haven't really watched any anime series, but I have read some manga. Based on that, my favorite is Bleach, no contest. Now if it were based on the memes, it's obviously going to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Edited by Duzzkey

I've watched so much anime in the past year. Really took the opportunity to dive into all that the medium has to offer, and in some cases I have enjoyed it even more than the Western animation I grew up with.

Some of my favorites that I have seen in full:

- Sailor Moon

- Trigun

- Fairy Tail

- Fate/Zero

- Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. The series, not the movie that tries to condense it all into a feature-length film.

- Cowboy Bebop

- Death Note

- Outlaw Star

- Sword Art Online, but only the second season because it's by far the better of the two.

- Sonic X

- Pokémon

Currently watching and enjoying so far:

- Legend of the Galactic Heroes

- InuYasha. Been watching for months and still haven't finished (the original series + The Final Act + movies are ridiculously long when you combine them) but it hasn't gotten stale.

- Madoka Magica

• Brohoof 1

Well, I wouldn't really call anything the "best", since it really depends on your opinion, so there's no "best" really.

So... I'll just give some of my favorites:

-Sailor Moon

-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

-One Punch Man

-Revolutionary Girl Utena

-Pokémon

-Kill la Kill, etc.

Edited by iNachos10

I've been watching more anime recently, and I've been trying to find more interesting ones to watch.

Here's a list of some that I've really liked so far:

- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

- Lucky Star

- Steins;Gate

- Anohana

- Nichijou

- Re: Zero

- Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

- Madoka Magica

Mahoutsukai no Yome

- Clannad

- Noragami

- Your Lie in April

- Boku no Hero Academia

- Nisekoi

• Brohoof 1