Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Oc in show style

Foxy Socks

I have a few digital drawings of my OC, Foxy Socks, (Mind you not great), but I was wondering if anyone can make her into the show style, a bit better than my current ones. Here is her for reference: 

FoxySocks.thumb.png.7990bce3410caf093caeec6242ce4915.png

Cutie mark of two foxes sleeping with the top one having an arm/paw on the other.  (Sorry, only good full one is a sketch, but hopefully shouldn't be too hard):

IMG_20160806_133223736.jpg

(edited)

I can see what I could do. I use bases from the show to make them look the closest to the show style, if that is okay with you. Any particular pose or facial expression you are looking for?

Edited by Valeska

On 4/8/2017 at 10:13 PM, Valeska said:

I can see what I could do. I use bases from the show to make them look the closest to the show style, if that is okay with you. Any particular pose or facial expression you are looking for?

Sorry for late reply. Perhaps just her laying down or standing, facing to the side in either.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Here's the colored version...I'm not really that great with the colors .-.

FLbpkjI.png

Just noticed her wings are fox colored:

(Fixed):

Spoiler

Qhj632b.png

Edited by Coffee

7 hours ago, Coffee said:

Here's the colored version...I'm not really that great with the colors .-.

FLbpkjI.png

Just noticed her wings are fox colored:

(Fixed):

Hide contents

Qhj632b.png

:love: Wow, thank you so  much! She looks very good and cute! I wish I could draw this well.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

:love: Wow, thank you so  much! She looks very good and cute! I wish I could draw this well.

Pshhh I ain't that good yet and I'm really glad you liked it!  X3

Also, I'm sure you can! 

The technical side of practice is hard for all of us ;-;

Edited by Coffee

1 hour ago, Coffee said:

Pshhh I ain't that good yet and I'm really glad you liked it!  X3

Also, I'm sure you can! 

The technical side of practice is hard for all of us ;-;

Mind if I ask what you used?

(edited)
11 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

Mind if I ask what you used?

Sure, I can answer that question!

But could you elaborate a bit, do you mean what I used for practice? or what stuff I used to draw your OC? o_o

If It's the latter, 

I used google image search to find MLP scenes for a reference...Which I ended up using Pinkie in this scene

Spoiler

mlp_a.jpg

Then I tried copying it out on some Sketch pad paper with a pencil...Y'know, The usual roughing it out with odd shapes and using the usual no. 2 pencil as a make-shift ruler...then adding in the details...(I'm still not great at that...)

Spoiler

fPLMjBG.jpg

Then opening a new 500x500 pixel blank file in Photoshop, opening the sketch in there then inking and coloring it in new layers, If you don't have a wacom tablet though, I'd suggest you go for inkscape , the learning curve takes about half an hour to understand but the end results are usually pretty accurate to the show (Albeit inking takes way longer) and It's free! 

As for the practice thing...Ermm, Same thing I guess, I Find simple-ish drawings of fandoms I'm into through google image search, Then doing my best to copy it , line for line , curve for curve , on a sketchpad, Using my pencil as a ruler for the proportions. It started out with really simple drawings but...I think I've progressed to the point that I can draw things a little more complicated. 

If you need me to elaborate or just want to ask more questions just shoot! I really like talking about art stuff! 

Edited by Coffee

15 hours ago, Coffee said:

Sure, I can answer that question!

But could you elaborate a bit, do you mean what I used for practice? or what stuff I used to draw your OC? o_o

If It's the latter, 

I used google image search to find MLP scenes for a reference...Which I ended up using Pinkie in this scene

Hide contents

mlp_a.jpg

Then I tried copying it out on some Sketch pad paper with a pencil...Y'know, The usual roughing it out with odd shapes and using the usual no. 2 pencil as a make-shift ruler...then adding in the details...(I'm still not great at that...)

Hide contents

fPLMjBG.jpg

Then opening a new 500x500 pixel blank file in Photoshop, opening the sketch in there then inking and coloring it in new layers, If you don't have a wacom tablet though, I'd suggest you go for inkscape , the learning curve takes about half an hour to understand but the end results are usually pretty accurate to the show (Albeit inking takes way longer) and It's free! 

As for the practice thing...Ermm, Same thing I guess, I Find simple-ish drawings of fandoms I'm into through google image search, Then doing my best to copy it , line for line , curve for curve , on a sketchpad, Using my pencil as a ruler for the proportions. It started out with really simple drawings but...I think I've progressed to the point that I can draw things a little more complicated. 

If you need me to elaborate or just want to ask more questions just shoot! I really like talking about art stuff! 

I see. I actually used Inkscape for the image at the top. I know, it's quite bad, I'll have to keep practicing.

20 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

I see. I actually used Inkscape for the image at the top. I know, it's quite bad, I'll have to keep practicing.

It's actually really good to be honest, You just need to work on them height proportions...

(Not like I'm one to talk my proportions are still pretty bad X3) 

Try to keep personal inquiries that are unrelated to requests for PM ya'all. :twi:

i like fun but work is work

5 hours ago, Shadow Beam said:

Try to keep personal inquiries that are unrelated to requests for PM ya'all. :twi:

i like fun but work is work

Noted! Sorreh! D: