Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How far do you have to the nearest store?

zerox

All of the way on the other side of town. You'd think that they'd want to put a store close enough for students to walk to who live on campus, but what do I know?

I just so happen to live directly above Carousel Boutique, the trendiest couture shop in Ponyville. And I must say, I know the owner pretty well. hehe. 

Because it's me. I own Carousel Boutique. 

• Brohoof 6

18 minutes ago, Rarity said:

I just so happen to live directly above Carousel Boutique, the trendiest couture shop in Ponyville. And I must say, I know the owner pretty well. hehe. 

Because it's me. I own Carousel Boutique. 

I have always enjoyed the convenient shopping of Ponyville's small but delightful business district. Hoof to heart, I always support the small business ponies.

• Brohoof 2

There are several stores on main street and main street is about a 5 minute walk from where I am in town. I make a trip uptown at least once a day. It is nice to walk around, clears the mind. :) My town doesn't have much to offer but it is peaceful at least. 

1 minute ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I have always enjoyed the convenient shopping of Ponyville's small but delightful business district. Hoof to heart, I always support the small business ponies.

Thank you for your support darling. I know a lot of ponies like to shop at Filthy Rich's store, but I feel like the factory bulk creations do not have the personal touch that a professional like me can offer. I'm not saying that I do not respect shrewd business or saving...but it just feels like it lacks a certain, how shall I put it, je ne sais quoi.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Rarity said:

Thank you for your support darling. I know a lot of ponies like to shop at Filthy Rich's store, but I feel like the factory bulk creations do not have the personal touch that a professional like me can offer. I'm not saying that I do not respect shrewd business or saving...but it just feels like it lacks a certain, how shall I put it, je ne sais quoi.

Oh, I do so know what you mean. Filthy Rich's establishment is the place to go for certain essentials, but for quality and unique items, you can not go wrong with the small business pony. You yourself have been branching out of late, but that hasn't been reflected in the sheer quality and taste of your flagship location here in Ponyville. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, cuteycindyhoney said:

Oh, I do so know what you mean. Filthy Rich's establishment is the place to go for certain essentials, but for quality and unique items, you can not go wrong with the small business pony. You yourself have been branching out of late, but that hasn't been reflected in the sheer quality and taste of your flagship location here in Ponyville. 

Thank you. And it will always be home. You can take the girl out of Ponyville, but you can never take the Ponyville out of the girl. 

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Rarity said:

Thank you. And it will always be home. You can take the girl out of Ponyville, but you can never take the Ponyville out of the girl. 

I knew it already, but I am very happy to hear you say it. Carousel Boutique is becoming a true landmark. It's ever increasing popularity is drawing in ponies from miles around with bits to spend. Ponyvile is thriving, darling!

(edited)

There's a nice little shopping center only about 10 minutes' walk away: King Soopers (which is our Kroger in this part of Colorado), Walgreens, and several small shops and restaurants.

Edited by Prospekt

I live in Anaheim, CA, and I'm about five minutes by foot to the nearest convenience store, and maybe ten to Downtown Disney where there are all kinds of shops to play around in; nothing exactly essential, but fun nonetheless. :proud:

The nearest store is a dollar general and it's I say a 3 minute walk out of the apartment gates so in total about 7 minutes because I live at the very back of the apartments.

14 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

"Man shall not live by bread alone"

(Do you eat anything else?)

^_^

Well no, I made it sound like that was the case though didn't I?  No one specified what kind of store though so I just went with whatever was closest.

• Brohoof 2

At school, there are one or two little shops on campus, and a little mart down the street. While hardly full blown grocery stories, they do have some basic things. They are 5, 10, and 15 minute walks respectively. At home the closest actual grocery store is about a minute walk, but 10 of that is still in the neighborhood. Alternatively it's less than a 5 minute car drive. 

The grocery store is directly in the floor below my apartment. I can walk down the stairs and a couple meters to the left when walking out the door, and boom, be outside the grocery store. Sucks ass that there's no kebab store here though..

It's just below one kilometer to the nearest grocery store (I'm still a bit frustrated about the store changing and half of the ice cream section has disappeared). To be precise, it's 800 meters away from this house. I haven't properly checked how much time it takes for me to walk there, but I'd say less than 15 minutes at least.