Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How far do you have to the nearest store?

zerox

It's only about a 10 to 15 minute walk to my nearest Walgreen's. About a half hour walk from the nearest dollar store, Wawa, and a bit further for the laundromat I use. 

The closet Walmart is about an hour and a half away, either by foot  or by bus... Maybe I should look into walking there more... 

7-10 minutes away by vehicle. It's a local grocery store though, so selection is limited. If we're looking for specialty brands, the next grocery store is 30-40 minutes away.

It wasn't always this way, though. There is a shopping plaza in my area that can't be accessed due to extreme flooding last Summer. The culvert that connected the plaza to the main road was washed away and still hasn't been fixed. Several chain retailers have announced that they won't be reopening whenever a new bridge is installed. It really hurt our economy. Now we have to go into the city if we need certain items.

For me, it would be about twenty minutes though it involves walking up and down a hill before walking down a mountain--there is a pavement next to the road since where I live is a community.

If you're talking about anything that sells basics, a Circle K is a 20 minute walk.

Otherwise, the Marsh and Kroger grocery stores are an hour walk.

The closest store from my home is a grocery store that was built in 1990 and goes by the name of Berkots. It is roughly a 4-5 minute drive- quite convenient! It is even more so when I have to make late night trips.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in the centre of my city so there are many shops all within 5-10 minutes which is really nice. It's one of the reasons I chose to go to university in this city, i't's not very big so you're never more than 15 minutes away from a shop.

• Brohoof 1

There's a seasonal general store about a quarter mile from my house. As for my town's many grocery stores and half-full strip malls, the nearest is only about a mile away.

• Brohoof 1

probably a good 10-15 min walk.... 

WE did have a store right around the corner but went out of business when they put that Walmart in and now that's the only store we got...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...