Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you live in a town or a big city?

zerox

@zerox
What do you exactly mean by big city ??
I live in a city in the south suburbs of Paris (France) named Grigny, the population is approximatively 30 000, which is pretty small and it's pretty far from Paris (30km) but it's a well known city because of...how can I say...the violence due to the drug shit and everything that comes with it...

Grignywood 91350 !! Tu vas faire quoi ??

2 hours ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

@zerox
What do you exactly mean by big city ??
I live in a city in the south suburbs of Paris (France) named Grigny, the population is approximatively 30 000, which is pretty small and it's pretty far from Paris (30km) but it's a well known city because of...how can I say...the violence due to the drug shit and everything that comes with it...

Grignywood 91350 !! Tu vas faire quoi ??

what is a big city to you is up to your own definition. big cities for me mean populations of 250,000 or more.

I see that your city has a serious violence problem. my country/city is very safe: Global Peace Index rankings

Global Peace Index rankings

Iceland     1
Denmark     2
Austria     3
New Zealand     4
Portugal     5
Czech Republic     6
Switzerland     7
Canada     8
Japan     9
Slovenia     10

France     46

Notable people

Amedy Coulibaly, one of three perpetrators of the January 2015 Île-de-France attacks

I used to live in a big city until around eight years ago when I moved to a much smaller city. The obvious differences became apparent within the first few months that living in a smaller city would mean having a smaller income, not having as much work, and generally having to make ends meet in a place that lacks excitement. Of course, I refer to my parents when I say all of this though it does affect me as well on a certain something.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Orlando, Florida. It's currently the third largest city in the state, but I would like to move, as I find myself growing more and more tired of the city... 

I'm kinda in a weird situation, I live in Cincinnati, but my city itself is INSIDE of Cincinnati itself, little place called Norwood, population is 19,059 as of 2013 according to google. It's almost all residential here. 

Officially, where I live is classified as a city, but most everyone refers to it as a town, since it is incredibly small and has a very town-y feel to it. That being said, there has been so much growth and expansion that it probably will feel like a city in the next several years. A transit system is already in the works. 

A small town with a population of 600+. 20 miles away is a city with a population of more than 50,000 people. 

I despise both areas, for many different reasons I don't want to get into. But the area is quite depressing.

The population here is apparently 85231 (shamelessly checked from Wikipedia), but I'm not exactly sure what to call it. If I remember correctly, it's often referred to as a town since it definitely doesn't feel like that big of a city.

• 3 weeks later...

When I'm at school I live in a city, though at home I live in a small city/town. It's a suburb to a larger city.