Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

I kind of think u should put gay and lesbian together

But it's not up to you, lesbian is defined as female with female, gay is defined as male with male. Homosexual, means same sex relationship as an umbrella term. Because "Homo" means "Same". "Hetero" means "different"

I kind of think u should put gay and lesbian together

But it's not up to you, lesbian is defined as female with female, gay is defined as male with male. Homosexual, means same sex relationship as an umbrella term. Because "Homo" means "Same". "Hetero" means "different"

Technically putting lesbian as an option is a little redundant...both groups gay and lesbian fall under homosexual.

"Gay" can also refer to female.

• Brohoof 1

Gender dysphoric, as in pre-operative (but likely not due to personal distaste and costs) transsexual. Mixing up the pot a little here, keeping it real.

Without getting into extensive detail, I'm kind of physically androgynous and my interests aren't particularly masculine. Subconsciously, I dream as a girl, yadda yadda. I don't come off as a total faerie in public but that's mainly because I'm pretty deep in the masculine facade I've been maintaining. I used to be mad insecure over the whole thing and just came to terms with it about a year ago because, really, there are worse things in life to realize about yourself.

It's really not a big deal at all. I've told my parents straight up about it, "Hey, uh, check it out. I'm basically a girl with a schlong. I'm still the same kid, no biggie."

So yeah. That's that. Boom.

That's basically the exact reverse of my brother (who used to be my sister), though it sounds like the whole thing was easier for you than it was for him.

Technically putting lesbian as an option is a little redundant...both groups gay and lesbian fall under homosexual.

"Gay" can also refer to female.

Why are "gay" and "lesbian" different options when they mean the same thing, only one is generic and the other is gender-specific?

Merged the two options together for the sake of clarity. ;)

And for the record, I experience no feelings of sexual desire or carnal attraction; I'm completely Asexual. However, considering the variable nature of emotions, such feelings (or general lack thereof) are quite possibly subject to change as time passes, so I tend not to associate my preferences with one particular label, or at least not until I'm comfortable with my own partialities.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks :) i can't believe i finally did it, even to a forum this is HUGE for me

Same here! i've never told anyone until that post

I remember when I first "came out" on the forums. It feels good to have at least this one place where I can be completely open without discrimination.

Anyway hopefully the day will come soon where guys like you and I can be open about such things in the real world!

• Brohoof 1

man, i feel so alienated hearing everyone talking about how they cannot come out to their own family for numerous reasons, whereas my own family's reaction was... almost null, pretty much nothing. and then i hear the stories from others at the forums...

it's not funny. it's not fair. not fair at all, not fair for any of you... :(

• Brohoof 1

Thanks :) i can't believe i finally did it, even to a forum this is HUGE for me

Same here! i've never told anyone until that post

Congrats for coming out, I have to say ^ ^ we accept anypony here, love and tolerance and all that. :3

Also, bisexual here, prefer guys more.

man, i feel so alienated hearing everyone talking about how they cannot come out to their own family for numerous reasons, whereas my own family's reaction was... almost null, pretty much nothing. and then i hear the stories from others at the forums...

If it helps, my family didn't react at all, pretty meh. My dad got a bit worried but they think that I'll be fine. Edited by FinalGamer

Sweden is a funny place. :P

oh, i'm sure there are just as many homophobic families here as it is over in americaland. well... not AS many, because we're so smaller here, but whatever. =P

We have the bible belt. We probably have millions more. xD

I'm heterosexual but... I guess I have romantic tendencies towards women. I can imagine myself with a woman for everything except when it comes to marriage... not sure if that's anything, though.

Why are "gay" and "lesbian" different options when they mean the same thing, only one is generic and the other is gender-specific?

Why is it even a big deal?

Thanks to this silly complaining I had to delete a vote that was no longer even visible to reselect "homosexual". =/

"Gay" and "Lesbian" were separate just like they are in LGBT.

We have the bible belt. We probably have millions more. xD

And I live there.

T_T

Edited by Envy

Why is it even a big deal?

Thanks to this silly complaining I had to delete a vote that was no longer even visible to reselect "homosexual". =/

"Gay" and "Lesbian" were separate just like they are in LGBT.

All I did was ask why the poll options were inconsistent. :(

*snip for brevity*

so yes, there's always room for experimentation and such, but as far as sexuality goes, i think i have ruled that one out pretty damn well.

but, if you want to be really pedantic about it, i guess i could be dubbed bi-sexual, with a teensy-tiny almost inconsistent interest in girls, and the rest being a heavy preference for guys. :lol:

if i ever get some more lady friends though, and develop close friendships with them, only THEN could i be perfectly sure about this.

but as far as i am considered, i am your friendly neighborhood fagit and pwetty pwincess pwony. ;)

All right then. Being happy is really what's important.

That's basically the exact reverse of my brother (who used to be my sister), though it sounds like the whole thing was easier for you than it was for him.

I just consider it a part of life and who I am. Consider the serenity prayer for a moment.

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Am I to be expected to fight something that's a part of my psyche? No, lol, it can't be changed. Am I entirely comfortable? Initially, no but then I realized that there's no reason not to be. I commend your brother for going through with it, though. Takes a lot of guts.

Gender dysphoric, as in pre-operative (but likely not due to personal distaste and costs) transsexual. Mixing up the pot a little here, keeping it real.

Without getting into extensive detail, I'm kind of physically androgynous and my interests aren't particularly masculine. Subconsciously, I dream as a girl, yadda yadda. I don't come off as a total faerie in public but that's mainly because I'm pretty deep in the masculine facade I've been maintaining. I used to be mad insecure over the whole thing and just came to terms with it about a year ago because, really, there are worse things in life to realize about yourself.

It's really not a big deal at all. I've told my parents straight up about it, "Hey, uh, check it out. I'm basically a girl with a schlong. I'm still the same kid, no biggie."

So yeah. That's that. Boom.

Are you going to transition, though? (meaning hormones and presenting as female).