Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Well, the thing is that heterosexuality is still the norm so I don't really feel like it's really pushing people to believe that heterosexuality is the only acceptable or desireable orientation. It's simply addressing the broad audience and not specifically a minority. Same goes for movies; it's obvious that movies focusing on homosexual couples are so much less common or rare because it's such a small percentage of the population that it won't be (that) profitable to the producers.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't expect big business to be the pioneer for 'the representation of alternative lifestyles'. But I'd love it to be something that doesn't need accepting, something that just is. Like heterosexuality. At the rate things are going though, that could be pretty soon.

Me? I just simply am. I guess that would make me asexual, but at the same time, I do occasionally pine/lust/whatever towards some people, of either gender, so I guess that would also make me bi. I simply do not know. But what I do know is that I am me, and always will be.

• Brohoof 1

I don't even know anymore :l I don't think I'm able to really love guys like I love girls, but I'd still snuggle the heck outta them ^3~

Hmm, I pretty much share your opinion. :)

Even though I might be Bi with a strong tendency to girls, or pansexual, anyway, I actually don't really care. :catface:

Is there anyone gay/bi/pan here who would like to chat? I'm looking for some more male gay friends ^_^ (I am bi)

• Brohoof 3

I'm a panromantic asexual. Is that good enough for you?

Haha of course :P I don't mind who I talk to, I was just asking here cause it's fun talking with people who are also gay or bi ^^

• Brohoof 2

I'm a gay girl c: Lesbian just feels wrong.

I go through a few weeks of liking guys but then I go back to liking girls... I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to dating a guy if I felt like he would be the right one, I also went through a bit of a boy obsessed phase for a couple of years (11-14) so I don't know what happened there.

But yeah I like girls.

I generally don't care much about the gender of a person. If I feel affection towards someone, I won't be bothered with what sex they are assigned at or what they identify with - In the end it's the person I fall in love with, not their gender.

That being said though, physically speaking, I find females to be more attractive, though there are some good looking guys out there as well. :P 

May I ask, how is the classification "bisexual" even a real thing. Let me explain.....

Hetero and Homosexual are rather straight forward, yet Bisexual in my opinion sounds like a fancy term for unsure or someone who just wants to be in a bandwagon of some sort. The fact bisexuals tend to say they prefer one over the other leads me to believe they are hetero or homo with a fetish for the other rather than truly impartial. Unless they are split perfectly 50-50, which is impossible since its not measurable and relies heavily on opinion. 

To me it honestly just sounds like an excuse to have more sex and fool around more than a legitimate classification.

Classifications are meant to be somewhat rigid, not free flowing and without borders

May I ask, how is the classification "bisexual" even a real thing. Let me explain.....

Hetero and Homosexual are rather straight forward, yet Bisexual in my opinion sounds like a fancy term for unsure or someone who just wants to be in a bandwagon of some sort. The fact bisexuals tend to say they prefer one over the other leads me to believe they are hetero or homo with a fetish for the other rather than truly impartial. Unless they are split perfectly 50-50, which is impossible since its not measurable and relies heavily on opinion. 

To me it honestly just sounds like an excuse to have more sex and fool around more than a legitimate classification.

Classifications are meant to be somewhat rigid, not free flowing and without borders

This is one of the most common misconceptions I've now heard about bisexuality without even once thinking about them myself - they just don't make sense to me. 

If you look at this objectively, why would a hetero- or a homosexual person want to have sex with the opposite gender of which they are attracted to (sexually and/or emotionally)? It just doesn't make sense to me. Sexuality isn't a static black-white spectrum but rather pretty fluid. Of course, it's a rare case to be 50-50 attracted to both genders. This is not what being bisexual means. Bisexuality only refers to being attracted to both genders, the percentage doesn't matter. Many/most things in life aren't merely black-white but rather dumbed down or arbitrarily defined because people like simplicity.

I also don't see the correlation between being bisexual and "wanting to have more sex and fool around". This is something completely different. Only because you can be/are attracted to both genders doesn't mean you want to have more sex. It's also not like you're more likely to cheat on your partner when you are in a commited relationship just because you might find the opposite gender of your partner also attractive. There is just no logical reasoning behind this assumption.

Edited by Velcorn
  • Brohoof 1

big misconception. Labels can be rigid. Human sexuality is not. It's highly annoying for me to be called really homo with a straight fetish. Or aren't you just one one

Or the other. I have gotten this many times and every time I will politely correct you or people. Bisexuality is very much a thing. It may not be 50/50 directly but I can gurrentee you I know how I feel. It's not convenient to be in the middle nor am I confused. Do I have a preference? Yes but I can very we'll be with a guy or girl at the end of the day.

• Brohoof 2

No offense but that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. ..And it offends me.

First off, if you are a "heterosexual", there's no such thing as "having a fetish for the same sex" because that would go against the definition of heterosexuality. I'm pretty 50/50 myself but what does it matter if someone says they're 20/80? They still have sexual attraction to both and that's just what bisexuality is. And what do you mean with unsure? Why can't someone like both? If I happen to like Coke AND Pepsi, does that mean that I don't actually like both but I'm unsure about which one it really is? Are you serious? Also, excuse for more sex? What the hell are you talking about? If I didn't like both I wouldn't need an excuse in the first place, why would I make an excuse to have sex with a person I'm not even attracted to? It's like if I made up a story so I could eat licorice when I hate licorice. Please tell me why someone would do that. ..Because a bandwagon? What bandwagon? SINCE WHEN was it considered COOL to like people of the same sex? We who consider ourselves bisexuals do so for a reason. We think boys are hot AND we think girls are hot. The larger amount of opportunities for sex is just a bonus.

• Brohoof 6

No offense but that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard. ..And it offends me. First off, if you are a "heterosexual", there's no such thing as "having a fetish for the same sex" because that would go against the definition of heterosexuality. I'm pretty 50/50 myself but what does it matter if someone says they're 20/80? They still have sexual attraction to both and that's just what bisexuality is. And what do you mean with unsure? Why can't someone like both? If I happen to like Coke AND Pepsi, does that mean that I don't actually like both but I'm unsure about which one it really is? Are you serious? Also, excuse for more sex? What the hell are you talking about? If I didn't like both I wouldn't need an excuse in the first place, why would I make an excuse to have sex with a person I'm not even attracted to? It's like if I made up a story so I could eat licorice when I hate licorice. Please tell me why someone would do that. ..Because a bandwagon? What bandwagon? SINCE WHEN was it considered COOL to like people of the same sex? We who consider ourselves bisexuals do so for a reason. We think boys are hot AND we think girls are hot. The larger amount of opportunities for sex is just a bonus.

As someone who has recently been reminded again and again that there are sadly still people not familiar with the fact that bisexuality is in fact real, thank you so much.
  • Brohoof 1

I generally don't care much about the gender of a person. If I feel affection towards someone, I won't be bothered with what sex they are assigned at or what they identify with - In the end it's the person I fall in love with, not their gender.

That's pansexual my friend.  :love:

but as for myself, i really can't decide. i feel different sometimes. so i guess I'm bisexual.

Edited by Jeru
  • Brohoof 1

I'm straight. Wouldn't change it for the world. I have no problems with people with different sexual preferences. Hell, most people think I'm gay with all my hand gesturing and hanging out with mostly girls ever since a kid.

That's pansexual my friend.  :love:

but as for myself, i really can't decide. i feel different sometimes. so i guess I'm bisexual.

Yes, I came to that conclusion before as well, but I find it so weird to define my sexuality in general and I just got so used to calling myself bisexual over the years. :D In the end, I just don't think it matters so much  :P 

• Brohoof 2