Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

I don't mean to be rude, or to cause any sort of drama... but what does it refer to when it mentions "Other"? Aren't all kinds of sexuality already listed in the poll?

Scientifically, everything is covered with the hetero-, bi-, homosexuality spectrum, adding asexuality to describe the absense of sexual and/or emotional attraction.

However, you could argue about certain paraphilias, like zoophilia or objectophilia, making a sexual orientation on their own because of the absence of sexual attraction towards human beings. Even though you could consider those to be included in asexuality, but that's mostly the absence of sexual and/or emotional desires entierely.

• Brohoof 2

No need to turn this into a science debate or something.

As for the topic, I've answered this a few times but I might as well restate that Im Bi.

• Brohoof 4

However, you could argue about certain paraphilias, like zoophilia or objectophilia, making a sexual orientation on their own because of the absence of sexual attraction towards human beings. Even though you could consider those to be included in asexuality, but that's mostly the absence of sexual and/or emotional desires entierely.

I don't mean to cause any sort of controversy, but Zoophilia, objectophilia and paraphilia is more of a mental disorder than an actual "sexuality", to me at least. You can't exactly be attracted to actual animals, objects or... dangerous activities in a sexual way, much less an emotional way (unless you count objects/animals, but in that case it wouldn't be zoophilia/objectophilia, it'd simply be a reminder of something, a pet... or you just really like a certain object, or animals!).

I don't mean to cause any sort of controversy, but Zoophilia, objectophilia and paraphilia is more of a mental disorder than an actual "sexuality", to me at least. You can't exactly be attracted to actual animals, objects or... dangerous activities in a sexual way, much less an emotional way (unless you count objects/animals, but in that case it wouldn't be zoophilia/objectophilia, it'd simply be a reminder of something, a pet... or you just really like a certain object, or animals!).

They are not mental disorders (I think paraphilias are still listed as such, but there is debate whether they should be), and more recent scientific research leads to the assumption that at least zoophilia could be considered as an actual sexual orientation. I wouldn't know about objectophilia. 

Why can you not be attracted to animals or objects?

This isn't the debate pit guys, don't start turning it into one. Keep things simple and on topic.

• 4 weeks later...

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot napalm on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is impossible and I’m an idiot but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

• Brohoof 1

I am a female, I like girls mostly but sometimes I like guys. I guess im bi but mostly lesbian? I like my men to be super manly if im going to be with them but I really like girls just in general. I think it has to do with me being a Leo and embracing the male leader Leo role instead of the femanine lion. My man has to be able to be the man at all times or I just cant respect him as the one wearing the pants. I make a terrible girlfriend I guess, I still like the D I just think girls are cuter and they dont mind me being the manlier one.

• Brohoof 3

Straight. I'm often more attracted to guys' personalities than women's, but that's due to the culture where I live. Sexism amongst women in my area is fairly prevalent; many uphold the male figure in the traditional light, that they should adhere to a certain image of yesteryear manliness. Being attracted to that is fine and well, but believing guys should be that way just gets my hackles up. And I can testify by the scruff of my scruffy butt fur that I'm definitely not macho.  :orly:

I'm really only interested in pleasing my partner, that's how I get off

And I'm not very selective in that regard, as long as you're healthy and respect me and yourself you're probably a candidate for my companionship

• Brohoof 2

After a long deliberation, I change my vote back from gay to bisexual. I had no interest into women for a long time, but in the last time, my interest came back and I think homosexual doesn't fits anymore.

• Brohoof 3