Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

3 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

No, there is not.

would you believe me to be gay for making such a statement? or would you accurately perceive me as someone that has only known dishonest gay people, rejects gay advances, and may have some self fueled obsessive compulsions and is inherently distrusting? I mean these are the kind of "easily put to the test" things, but I am not approached in normality by the sex I want to attract, I wouldn't settle on changing my sexuality, because of such thing, It's just, I don't want a nonexistent perception of me to impact the true me, and my actual purpose and future... so it is kind of what makes me lash out a little bit and keep my walls up in social normality, when really I just think that there are gay people out there that don't see straight people as potential gays, but just straight guys lol...

17 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

would you believe me to be gay for making such a statement? or would you accurately perceive me as someone that has only known dishonest gay people, rejects gay advances, and may have some self fueled obsessive compulsions and is inherently distrusting? I mean these are the kind of "easily put to the test" things, but I am not approached in normality by the sex I want to attract, I wouldn't settle on changing my sexuality, because of such thing, It's just, I don't want a nonexistent perception of me to impact the true me, and my actual purpose and future... so it is kind of what makes me lash out a little bit and keep my walls up in social normality, when really I just think that there are gay people out there that don't see straight people as potential gays, but just straight guys lol...

This seems to me that you in fact are a bit homophobic because you say you have attracted gay guys, but you somehow think that's an awful thing. Why not just say "I'm not gay"? If you feel the need to have to explain yourself for being straight, then I think you also might not be comfortable with it.

11 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

This seems to me that you in fact are a bit homophobic because you say you have attracted gay guys, but you somehow think that's an awful thing. Why not just say "I'm not gay"? If you feel the need to have to explain yourself for being straight, then I think you also might not be comfortable with it.

the unwanted advances may have influenced this, then it turns into awkward friendship killers lol

Can't say I am really attracted to anyone, regardless of their gender at the moment. To date my relationships have been with men but I wouldn't rule out a relationship with a woman. Probably better for everyone if I remain unattached as I don't feel like I have a lot to give.

19 hours ago, Aquaflame said:

I ask gays, if they read this, is there an ulterior motive against straight men

No. There is no ulterior motive against straight men. Gay men are not a collective where they all think and feel the same. You do know that straight men do the exact same thing to lesbians, right? And...well, pretty much else who insists they're not interested...

Definitely not an exclusively straight man experience. It's how people generally seem to handle incompatible orientation.

I'm bisexual, by the way.

• Brohoof 3

On 3/1/2018 at 5:51 PM, Mystic Brush said:

demi ace over here

*sits in corner alone*

There's no need to be alone! I'm an ace too. :grin:
I'm romantically attracted to women but at the same time I'm averse to sexual stuff in general.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading over the thread and have been attempting a post for quite a while now... I haven't really discussed this with really.... anyone except for one of my friends. 

Growing up I thought a woman has to like a man. end of discussion. 

When I was younger I did have a "girlfriend" we would hold hands give each other a kiss on the lips, and I really really liked her. I chalked it up to just kid stuff, stuff you do in early years of middle school. We never told anyone about it. 

After I joined the navy and found out that some of the girls in boot camp had major crushes on me, I had no idea, and I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it. At first I was like, no, that can't be right, women only like men. (I was VERY sheltered growing up... VERY)

But my second reaction, I was flattered. 

After graduating from boot camp I went to my first school down in Florida and was in a barracks with only other females, many of which were gay. I was friends with many people down there and there was a girl that caught my eye. Something inside me screamed with every fiber of my being to go up to and talk to her, in the back of my mind I wanted to make a real connection. 

But my upbringing caused me to flounder and miss my chance. 

Later I met a man and we really hit it off. We are married and have two children, but I think that if anything were to ever happen between us (not saying they will) but if they did I think I would probably end up with a woman. I find myself being very attracted to women. 

There are very few men I find attractive. Other than actors and a few handsome men that you see here and there I don't find myself wanting to ever being with another man other than my husband, but there are many times that if I were not married, I would go up to some of the women I find attractive and see where things would go. 

so idk.... does that make me bi? Or was I just hiding it and trying to convince myself otherwise? Or am I a lesbian that settled for a man because that is what I was “supposed to do”? Idk. There is probably a whole long conversation about many different aspects of my feelings, but not suited for here I don’t think.

well.... anyway. That was a really long post and very weight lifting. Maybe it's because I have some anonymity here, but it's nice to say it out lout... er "text loud"? lol.

• Brohoof 2

well.....ive been bi for a long time and ive been finding guys a little more attractive more and more and been thinking well i guess im gay : 3  thats kinda the short answer xD

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm heterosexual but in an odd way.

I have sexual feelings for women, but I don't seek a relationship. I watched my sibling's marriage fall apart, and I don't want the same to possibly happen to me should I get married.

• Brohoof 1