Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

I don't know tbh...  At first I thought I was gay, then I thought I was bi possibly, then I thought I was demisexual..  I still find people handsome or beautiful but I'm not necessarily sexually or romantically attracted to them????  It takes me a few years before I'm comfortable enough and have a strong enough bond with someone and THEN I finally become romantically or sexually attracted to them but most people don't have the patience to wait years for something that might never happen so I'm stuck with this mode of "what's the point in dating when no one will wait that long for me?".  I don't know, I'm just weird????

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Demisexual, apparently. I thought I was asexual for a long time, but that's just because I hadn't found the right person to bring my affection levels high enough for me to become interested in such stuff.

6 minutes ago, Bas said:

What is demisexual?

Does this mean you have found your special somepony? :arethosehands:

Aren't you either non-binary or MtF?

From my understanding it's when you form romantic or sexual attraction to someone when you've formed a strong emotional bond with someone.  And no, it's not the same as "everybody else", most people form sexual or romantic attraction either right away or over a few dates.  For me personally to form a romantic attraction for someone it could take up to one and a half or three years, if not longer, for me to be really positive that I'd like to pursue some sort of relationship with someone and having either romantic or sexual attraction to them.  Which really makes me feel guilty when someone confesses an attraction for me because I'm just like, "Gee, thanks?  Sorry my dude, can you wait a few years for me to possibly reciprocate?" most people don't have the patience for that.  If you're implying that one has to be enby or MTF to be demisexual, no, it doesn't work that way.  You can be straight yet demi, gay yet demi, bi yet demi, etc.  One's gender identity doesn't matter when they identify as demi. 

1 hour ago, Bas said:

What is demisexual?

Does this mean you have found your special somepony? :arethosehands:

Aren't you either non-binary or MtF?

Me? I thought I was straight, maybe also homoromantic, meanwhile, I am not so sure whether I might be bisexual - or rather pansexual, because it doesn't matter to me after not making such a distinction anymore.Then again, I was never in a relationship in my life. If I am pan(bi) sexual, I still assume I am still roughly 90/95% straight.

Basically, I'm not attracted to anyone unless I have an emotional connection with them. Like, I can't just see Mr. (supposed) Hot Stud or Ms. Sexy Legs walk by and go "ooh la la." I just don't feel anything towards strangers.

But my PARTNER on the other hand

hoohoo

damn 

she's a hot ass babe MMF

Also, gender, sex, and the actual appearance of the person doesn't matter. I could be dating someone that everyone thinks is ugly but if I love them I will find them attractive. 

3 hours ago, Bas said:

Sounds like the soul mates thing.

I wouldn't say soulmates, demi relationships can fall apart just as simply as "regular" relationships can.  It just takes longer for someone to form romantic or sexual attraction for others.

I'm Ace. At least, that's what people call it when they don't feel comfortable using the other word. In other words, not physically attracted to anyone.

Although... I debate whether it's really an orientation, or a lack of one.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Bas said:

Sounds like the soul mates thing.

It is really how much you make out of it, I guess. And maybe what you and others expect from you. It is not that I am not thinking about this anymore at all, but it definitively got less when I stopped making a fuss about it. And maybe I started to care less about my sexuality, or I considered it to be less defining to me.

:umad:

Pics please. :umad:

* MtF?

Considering you pretty much pleased praised the lengthened back of your partner - Did you always feel about that special piece that way or was it coming over time?

Are you female? Your profile lists you as other (non-binary?).

No pics. uwu I'm keeping her to myself.

I actually wasn't attracted to her for a while, it took maybe about 5 months for me to genuinely start getting uhhhhhh excited over things. It's always scary during that period where I'm not attracted, because it makes me scared whether I actually like the person or not, or if I'll ever be attracted to them.

I'm born male and have been on hormones for almost a year and a half, but I'll never look like a woman so I refuse to call myself MtF and calling myself a man just hurts so I just leave it as other.

Been straight for whole life but have considered lately that i might be asexual. But maybe i haven't just found yet that "special somepony".

1 hour ago, Bas said:

Does sound you are too harsh to yourself, I would just consider you female I guess; or if you want to highlight you are in transition you could call yourself trans mtf/female.

There's nothing female or feminine about me though so I feel like it's lying if I call myself one.

6 minutes ago, Shiki said:

There's nothing female or feminine about me though so I feel like it's lying if I call myself one.

idk u seem pretty feminine to me