Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

1 minute ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I wish to be heterosexual. That is my desire.

There's nothing wrong with liking people of the same gender.

Why don't you want to be lesbian?

Edited by Misscellanio

1 minute ago, Cyclone1066 said:

No just because you aren't attracted to a group of people doesn't mean you hate them or have a phobia.

1 minute ago, Lucky Bolt said:

They never said they were a transphobe...

I looked up this word "transphobe":

(plural transphobes)

A person who fears or has a negative perception of trans people and/or transsexuality/transgenderism.

I have no fear of such people, nor do I wish negative harm to come of them.

2 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

There's nothing wrong with liking people of the same gender.

Why don't you want to be lesbian?

I do not feel right about these attractions. It makes me uncomfortable, I feel improper that I am attracted to those of the same gender as myself. It is something I have struggled with my entire life, but I continue to resist because it is not the life I want. I have been to many therapists regarding this issue.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I wish to be heterosexual. That is my desire.

And I do not believe I would engage with anyone who is transgender in any capacity on a romantic or sexual level. It isn't for me, however, I will still gladly be friendly with such a person and treat them as I would anyone else, I just would not be interested in sexual endeavors with them.

ah, i see, was just a little confused thats all

however why do you desire to be hetrosexual? like being lesbian is who you are, you could live like a hetrosexual, however that's just not who you are

1 minute ago, Sherbie-kun said:

ah, i see, was just a little confused thats all

however why do you desire to be hetrosexual? like being lesbian is who you are, you could live like a hetrosexual, however that's just not who you are

My English is limited, but I shall try to explain best as I can:

There is a feeling inside of me that says what I feel is wrong. It is something that does not go away, and I can not see myself being able to live like that.

6 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I do not feel right about these attractions. It makes me uncomfortable, I feel improper that I am attracted to those of the same gender as myself. It is something I have struggled with my entire life, but I continue to resist because it is not the life I want. I have been to many therapists regarding this issue.

Well I mean I feel that if you resist that you're attracted to the same sex in the future you might feel like you're lying to yourself and living falsely cuz your true desire is to be with a woman. Personally I think you maybe haven't explored enough and are trying to resist something that you might not have to. 

And by explore I don't mean go out and physically engage with a woman, I mean like online research or something etc. 

5 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I looked up this word "transphobe":

(plural transphobes)

A person who fears or has a negative perception of trans people and/or transsexuality/transgenderism.

I have no fear of such people, nor do I wish negative harm to come of them.

You're answer seemed flimsy, is all.

Why is being "not the life you want"? Usually, that kind of shit is a result of conservative-religious indoctrination, after one is taught all their lives that gays land lesbians are "gonna burn in Hell for all eternity" just for being who they are. Just accept who you are, there's nothing wrong with it.

1 minute ago, Misscellanio said:

Well I mean I feel that if you resist that you're attracted to the same sex in the future you might feel like you're lying to yourself and living falsely cuz your true desire is to be with a woman. Personally I think you maybe haven't explored enough and are trying to resist something that you might not have to. 

And by explore I don't mean go out and physically engage with a woman, I mean like online research or something etc. 

That is a bit difficult regardless, in my country it is not something you just go out and tell people. I have to use a VPN to just use the internet freely for example.

1 minute ago, 陈博学 (Trần Bác Học) said:

You're answer seemed flimsy, is all.

Why is being "not the life you want"? Usually, that kind of shit is a result of conservative-religious indoctrination, after one is taught all their lives that gays land lesbians are "gonna burn in Hell for all eternity" just for being who they are. Just accept who you are, there's nothing wrong with it.

I am not from a religious family.

3 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

My English is limited, but I shall try to explain best as I can:

There is a feeling inside of me that says what I feel is wrong. It is something that does not go away, and I can not see myself being able to live like that.

It's not wrong. Anyone who tells you otherwise does not have your best interest at heart.

2 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

That is a bit difficult regardless, in my country it is not something you just go out and tell people.

I think that might be the reason why you might feel that's it's wrong for you. 

It's not at all. 

1 minute ago, 陈博学 (Trần Bác Học) said:

It's not wrong. Anyone who tells you otherwise does not have your best interest at heart.

If that is how they feel, let them be. There isn’t anything wrong with that. 

Just now, Rarity Gemstones said:

My country does not dictate how I think or feel.

Obviously not. But society telling you "hey this is not good" can influence someone to begin to think in a similar toxic way. Look down on one self for feelings things that aren't wrong. 

Just now, Misscellanio said:

Obviously not. But society telling you "hey this is not good" can influence someone to begin to think in a similar toxic way. Look down on one self for feelings things that aren't wrong. 

This is just who I am. A person who does not wish to be a lesbian. I wish I could say there is some kind of reason, or explanation that would satiate you, but there really isn't. I'm far from a character with an elaborate or enthralling back story.

THIS THREAD IS DESIGNATED TO SHARE YOUR SEXUALITY AND/OR DISCUSS IT ALONG WITH OTHERS. THIS IS CLEARLY STATED IN THE THREAD’S TITLE. 

THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DEBATE OR ACCUSE. CEASE THE NEGATIVE CONDUCT RIGHT NOW.

• Brohoof 4

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I consider myself gay, but I suppose I still have a slight sexual interest in the opposite sex. Though I just say I'm gay because it's less complicated that way and it's pretty much the case. Just have to admit though there are some, albeit very few, girls I could go straight for. :bedeyes: Though there may be some... stipulations to that.

But guys are more fun. ;) Especially when they all pop up in a random TF2 server and talk to each other in very not forum-appropriate ways. Yes, that did happen to me and it was quite an enjoyable experience. I felt like chiming in myself if I weren't too focused on playing through the match. :blush: And also I may not want to risk my boyfriend getting under the wrong impression.

I do this by sex by the way. Hard to say "gay" and "straight" from a non-binary perspective.

Edited by Dustlicious
  • Brohoof 2

Bisexual. That's all there is too it. I don't have a specific preference for one gender or the other, just whoever comes along and connects with me is who I'll go with. I'm not concerned with what gender they specifically are. :mellow:

• Brohoof 2