Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Well like I said, I really don't care either way. It shouldn't be my problem whether or not a person likes another person of the same sex. I mean, my freaking uncle is gay and one of my close friends is bi, and they're awesome. So uh... yeah. That's it. letterONE AWAAAAAY!!!

I just don't want you getting false accusation of a book that many people are trying to interpret anyway.

I just don't want you getting false accusation of a book that many people are trying to interpret anyway.

Okay... let's quit this conversation before things start getting controversial. :unsure:
  • Brohoof 3

Okay... let's quit this conversation before things start getting controversial. :unsure:

Agreed. What did you say again? Oh yeah! Raccoon AWWWAAAY!

Well like I said, I really don't care either way. It shouldn't be my problem whether or not a person likes another person of the same sex. I mean, my freaking uncle is gay and one of my close friends is bi, and they're awesome. So uh... yeah. That's it. letterONE AWAAAAAY!!!

Just fyi, having friends or family of people who are gay doesn't automatically clear you of any prejudice towards a group of people. And saying that you don't believe it's right for people to be homosexual is being prejudice.

(edited)

Just fyi, having friends or family of people who are gay doesn't automatically clear you of any prejudice towards a group of people. And saying that you don't believe it's right for people to be homosexual is being prejudice.

D:

Now I feel like a craphead.

:(

INVALIDNESS! D:

Edited by letterONE

D:

Now I feel like a craphead.

:(

I'm not going to say that you shouldn't because, well, you should. I used to have terribly sexist and racist views in the past. Over time I learned that I was wrong, and I learned to feel bad about it. With subjects like this you don't just sit there and feel sorry for yourself or ask for ass pats from other people to tell you it's okay for thinking like this because it's not. You learn from your mistakes and evaluate yourself and your ways of thinking. You learn from others and you correct them. It doesn't end there, though. You must constantly evaluate your actions and your thoughts. That is how you become a decent human being.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not going to say that you shouldn't because, well, you should. I used to have terribly sexist and racist views in the past. Over time I learned that I was wrong, and I learned to feel bad about it. With subjects like this you don't just sit there and feel sorry for yourself or ask for ass pats from other people to tell you it's okay for thinking like this because it's not. You learn from your mistakes and evaluate yourself and your ways of thinking. You learn from others and you correct them. It doesn't end there, though. You must constantly evaluate your actions and your thoughts. That is how you become a decent human being.

I think you're misunderstanding my whole point before the "craphead" thing. I don't agree with being homosexual, but I do accept gays and such and think they're freaking amazing people (i.e. MicTheMicrophone... at least I think). Now I really, REALLY don't wanna get into the topic anymore, just for the sake of other peoples' feelings. I don't wanna hurt anyone. Edited by letterONE
  • Brohoof 1

I think you're misunderstanding my whole point before the "craphead" thing. I don't agree with being homosexual, but I do accept gays and such and think they're freaking amazing people (i.e. MicTheMicrophone... at least I think). Now I really, REALLY don't wanna get into the topic anymore, just the sake of other peoples' feelings. I don't wanna hurt anyone.

You are still prejudice, though. I know exactly what you're saying but you're only trying to make yourself feel better now by saying you accept gays when the reality is you don't if you think being homosexual for what ever reason is wrong. And now it seems you're trying to run away from the fact I am calling you out on it. Don't run away from things. Learn from them. Learn why you are still prejudice.

If you don't want to hurt anyone then maybe you should change your way of thinking. You knew this was going to hurt people when you posted it and acknowledged it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You are still prejudice, though. I know exactly what you're saying but you're only trying to make yourself feel better now by saying you accept gays when the reality is you don't if you think being homosexual for what ever reason is wrong. And now it seems you're trying to run away from the fact I am calling you out on it. Don't run away from things. Learn from them. Learn why you are still prejudice.

If you don't want to hurt anyone then maybe you should change your way of thinking. You knew this was going to hurt people when you posted it and acknowledged it.

Freakin... AUGH! I'm a 16-year-old Christian guy with Asperger's syndrome, so can you PLEASE QUIT IT! I'm pretty sensitive to this stuff! :(

Edited by letterONE

Not exactly, It could be from religion. The Christian religion's clergy really doesn't tolerate gays while the followers do. He might've been raised to not tolerate gays but he's gotten past that. He tolerates them enough.

He could be prejudice at the back of his mind. Of he doesn't think it's right it doesn't mean he's prejudice. Just that he has preferences.

He posted his opinion just like you did, nothing bad really. If he did I don't think he really knew actually.

This is all from just his posts that I'm guessing that this may explain it.

Freakin... AUGH! I'm a 16-year-old Christian guy with Asperger's syndrome, so can you PLEASE QUIT IT! I'm pretty sensitive to this stuff! :(

...and I'm pretty sure plenty of people are sensitive to the fact that you don't agree with homosexuality. I'm not understanding what your Asperger's has to do with any of this. You can still be in the wrong for a way of thinking regardless of mental problems you have. I have severe depression and anxiety but I still suck it up when somebody calls me out for being racist, sexist, homophobic, and being a general horses ass. Stop using excuses and learn from your mistakes.

Or at least don't post anything that you know will hurt people.

Not exactly, It could be from religion. The Christian religion's clergy really doesn't tolerate gays while the followers do. He might've been raised to not tolerate gays but he's gotten past that. He tolerates them enough.

He could be prejudice at the back of his mind. Of he doesn't think it's right it doesn't mean he's prejudice. Just that he has preferences.

He posted his opinion just like you did, nothing bad really. If he did I don't think he really knew actually.

This is all from just his posts that I'm guessing that this may explain it.

I get what you're saying, but "tolerating them enough" is still wrong, and people like him think that everything is rainbows and unicorn farts if they just tolerate people without actually accepting them for who they are. People never learn if you never correct them.

...and I'm pretty sure plenty of people are sensitive to the fact that you don't agree with homosexuality. I'm not understanding what your Asperger's has to do with any of this. You can still be in the wrong for a way of thinking regardless of mental problems you have. I have severe depression and anxiety but I still suck it up when somebody calls me out for being racist, sexist, homophobic, and being a general horses ass. Stop using excuses and learn from your mistakes.

I get what you're saying, but "tolerating them enough" is still wrong, and people like him think that everything is rainbows and unicorn farts if they just tolerate people without actually accepting them for who they are. People never learn if you never correct them.

I can get where you're coming from. But what else can we go for? We can't all be Bi, it conflicts with people's beliefs and religions. We have already recognized you're gay so now what? What do you mean by accepting? We know you're gay and we respect and tolerate it. You can live your way and we ours.

• Brohoof 1

WHOA crap, I just realized: Freedom of Speech. Everyone's entitled to it, at least in the U.S.

Argument over, now, please.

I can get where you're coming from. But what else can we go for? We can't all be Bi, it conflicts with people's beliefs and religions. We have already recognized you're gay so now what? What do you mean by accepting? We know you're gay and we respect and tolerate it. You can live your way and we ours.

I never said everyone needs to be a certain sexuality. I never said I was homosexual either, lol. I simply just do not know what I am. I do not exactly fit in as heterosexual, but I don't think I fit in as bisexual either. Besides, my issue wasn't even about me. My issue is about the millions of people this person pretends to accept and think this way of thinking it's okay when it's not. They aren't truly accepting of people, and it hurts others. How would you feel if most people let you know that they weren't accepting of your heterosexuality? I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if someone said to me that they don't accept me being a woman, but they will "tolerate" me and then wanted a damn cookie for simply tolerating me. That's not right.

WHOA crap, I just realized: Freedom of Speech. Everyone's entitled to it, at least in the U.S.

Argument over, now, please.

Doesn't make you not prejudice. Don't post things you know hurt people, of if you don't want someone to call you out on it. Simple enough. And what you just said entitles me to keep posting even though you posted "argument over". Perhaps you should just stop posting instead of trying to shut me down when I could of been extremely rude and harsh with you.

I never said everyone needs to be a certain sexuality. I never said I was homosexual either, lol. I simply just do not know what I am. I do not exactly fit in as heterosexual, but I don't think I fit in as bisexual either. Besides, my issue wasn't even about me. My issue is about the millions of people this person pretends to accept and think this way of thinking it's okay when it's not. They aren't truly accepting of people, and it hurts others. How would you feel if most people let you know that they weren't accepting of your heterosexuality? I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if someone said to me that they don't accept me being a woman, but they will "tolerate" me and then wanted a damn cookie for simply tolerating me. That's not right.

Doesn't make you not prejudice. Don't post things you know hurt people, of if you don't want someone to call you out on it. Simple enough. And what you just said entitles me to keep posting even though you posted "argument over". Perhaps you should just stop posting instead of trying to shut me down when I could of been extremely rude and harsh with you.

Posted Image

In conclusion, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry to everyone else who I may have insulted on accident. And I have no more excuses or anything. I can only say I'm sorry.

People are strange like that. We can make both our points clear and they still act the same. I tolerate, it goes against my belief, religion, experience and preference. Toleration is a way of accepting one another instead of being like "Youre not gay, you're straight with horrible eyes" I can be like "No.. Im sorry I don't think hes sexy" we can't touch on their issues but we can be friends.

People don't change unless they have to or want to.

People are strange like that. We can make both our points clear and they still act the same. I tolerate, it goes against my belief, religion, experience and preference. Toleration is a way of accepting one another instead of being like "Youre not gay, you're straight with horrible eyes" I can be like "No.. Im sorry I don't think hes sexy" we can't touch on their issues but we can be friends.

People don't change unless they have to or want to.

Posted Image

In conclusion, I'm sorry. And I'm sorry to everyone else who I may have insulted on accident. And I have no more excuses or anything. I can only say I'm sorry.

I don't get what this fights about, but from what i know about you two. You can look past you beliefs and see the person they are. Thats what a good friend is they don't care if you like girls or guys or even both. Even if you got a girlfriend or boyfriend they'll still be happy for you. So as long this does not cloud the judgement of who your friends are. Its ok...

• Brohoof 1

I don't get what this fights about, but from what i know about you two. You can look past you beliefs and see the person they are. Thats what a good friend is they don't care if you like girls or guys or even both. Even if you got a girlfriend or boyfriend they'll still be happy for you. So as long this does not cloud the judgement of who your friends are. Its ok...

Midnight, check the last page it was Room4pony talking to Letter1 then I defended letter1 then me and letter1 debated Vs Room4pony.

Me and Letter1 were on the same side.

Midnight, check the last page it was Room4pony talking to Letter1 then I defended letter1 then me and letter1 debated Vs Room4pony.

Me and Letter1 were on the same side.

it was kinda ment to be a wrap up off everyponys view so it would end :D i didn't know other people where in the arguement to ^_^