Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Straight, in case any of the ladies were wondering. ;) It's unlikely any of them were wondering but still, better to be safe then sorry

Strait, but have no problems with anyone of any other sexual orientation. I think it's great for the people who express that, it allows them to find others they could have a relationship with! :D

(edited)

I'm a mega-closet bisexual.

Don't worry, I am to. :)

(In the closet bi-sexual I mean).

Edited by RaccoonBL
  • Brohoof 1

I think I've decided that, especially when I get into college, I will refrain from affiliating myself under any sexuality because people all over the Kinsey scale (not saying the Kinsey scale is 100% accurate) tend to make judgements towards people who identify themselves as gay, bi, and even straight, or any other sexual orientation. I think it's alright to have these labels, but people take it more seriously than they need to, in my opinion. And they may change their mind and switch to some other label. They can label themselves as gay, straight, bi, or whatever, if they want, but it only matters as much as they want it to. When someone realizes that they're gay or bi, they tend to make a big deal out of it, when they can have attractions to whoever they and they don't need to regard the opinions of anyone else. And people can put pressure towards those of a certain sexual sexual orientation, creating more needless conflict.

So I'm deleting my vote as bisexual and am trying to affiliate myself under no sexual label, because I think I should like whoever I want and it shouldn't matter.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

i guess i should let you all know a bit about me, then!

as most of you know, and some of you may don't know, i'm gay. i like women yes, but not in that way. though a lot of the female representative art is really nice eye-candy and blablabla i'm just boring you here (and no, i don't think of women as just eye-candy. i'm just a bit tired typing this post, i mgiht not make any sense at all here =P).

however! i wasn't always gay. i've been under the realization that i a gay for about an hour now, when i started develop feelings for a guy on another forum, who here is known as Feather Spiral.

i considered myself to be perfectly straight before that. how wrong i were! i kept having these fantasies of a girl i had made up in my head, and that i lived happy with (i was really, really lonely back then, which is about fall 2010 til january 2011). the fact that i knew that it could never happen to me was... saddening, but it was what somewhat kept me alive... until the feelings of loneliness finally broke me down (which is around fall like i mentioned before). thank god i had, at this point, earned the compassion and trust of a guy on the forums, the only one who ever did there on that hellhole of a forum (it was okay back then, but now i advise you to stay away from there (forums were called YoshiArt Forums, btw. take a look there if you want, i won't stop you).

he has helped me with a lot of things, which made me learn stuff about myself, and grow as a person, but back then, i only considered him someone i could trust deeply in (in hindsight, he was the very first friend i had, as well as close friend). it wasn't until at around february/mars, when i finally pulled myself out of my cycle of shit, thanks to his help, that i started develop feelings for him.

it all started out as a joke. i once said 'bi-bi', next day he said 'yes?' and i suggested in caps lock, uhh... bi-sexual relations. =P

we all used this as a means to tease each other and annoy the HELL out of the members on the forum with semi-suggestive comments. it all went on and on and on from there, until... one day, i lied in the tub, and realized 'oh my god: i actually like him. like-LIKE him.'

needless to say, having no prior feelings to guys WHATSOEVER before, this was quite the shock. was this just a dream, was this just fantasy? no, it was all very, true, i began to realize soon after, after having tons of PMs with him, sending him love poetry, prose, general feelings of how much he means to me (i did that again a few days ago, thought it was the proper time to do it again, so to speak), and, later onwards, actually chatting with him, RPing with him, how much i genuinely CARED about him... no, this was not a superficial dream. what i felt for him, was goddamn REAL.

and then i started to pay attention to the other guys at school. not that much, but genuinely seeing how cute they could be, for the most part.

also, my family is more than wholly accepting towards it, even if it's a bit dull on the details of what is going on exactly (neither of us talk too much, and hide too much shit from each other, but that's irrelevant here).

so, basically... that's it. that's how i turned gay.

tl;dr: yes i was straight once, yes, i wasn't gay all the time at all, yes, i am gay now and feeling much happier than before, no, fuck you, i won't make you any brownies. i dun know how to make them.

Thank you for sharing your story. However, I don't believe anyone "turns" gay. As a gay guy myself, that phrasing is slightly irksome. Reason being - it sets back the gay rights movement back a step or two because right wingers LOVE to read these things and have their deluded hateful rhetoric that we "choose" to be treated like second-class citizens validated. I think more than anything you came to the realization that you find men attractive and just hadn't noticed or didn't have a reason to notice beforehand. It was always there, bubbling underneath. Anyway, that's just how I feel and thanks again for sharing. It was a nice read. ;)

Edited by Jemboi

Thank you for sharing your story. However, I don't believe anyone "turns" gay. As a gay guy myself, that phrasing is slightly irksome. Reason being - it sets back the gay rights movement back a step or two because right wingers LOVE to read these things and have their deluded hateful rhetoric that we "choose" to be treated like second-class citizens validated. I think more than anything you came to the realization that you find men attractive and just hadn't noticed or didn't have a reason to notice beforehand. It was always there, bubbling underneath. Anyway, that's just how I feel and thanks again for sharing. It was a nice read. ;)

well, i didn't really 'choose' to be gay, no, but i didn't have any feelings prior to men before what happened back then at all. i still believed girls to be attractive. but it all changed once that happened to me. i do still find the feminine aspect to be attractive, but i prefer the masculine body and personality. i guess in actuality i am bi-sexual with a strong preference for men, but i find calling myself gay to be more fitting for me and who i am.

...i dunno if what i said just here made any sense or not.

• Brohoof 2

^ It makes about as much sense as human sexuality can make. It can be a confusing thing which is why there is so much hatred and bigotry out there. Sexuality scares people and humans have never reacted well to difference.

^ It makes about as much sense as human sexuality can make. It can be a confusing thing which is why there is so much hatred and bigotry out there. Sexuality scares people and humans have never reacted well to difference.

yeah. fortunately, things are starting to change, or at least get more accepted in the world. it's not perfect, i know, but it's getting there. slowly.

...This thread... Kinda... Pushes me away from it.... Some how...

I don't feel inclined to list my sexuality. SO HAVE FUN SPECULATING! :P

By absolute mathematical probability, you are straight.

By local mathematical probability, you are gay.

By logical probability given the current data, you are straight.

• Brohoof 2