Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

Pansexual with a male preference. men are just sweeter and easier to get along with for me. i like girls, but, i can never seem to get emotionally in touch with them.

I'm pansexual. For those who don't know what that means pansexual (pan meaning all) means to love all people whether they fit into a gender role or not.

yeah, another popular term i use to identify pansexuality is "genderblind". a case in which i do not identify women from men and men from women. in a relationship i find (as do many other pansexuals i have met and known) that gender has nothing to do with whether you like the person. its all about the feels bro.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a closet lesbian. Chose to be one about... maybe 4 years ago. I dunno, I just can't seem to be turned on by guys. Yet girls... not that hard.

"Chose to be one..."? I don't see how not being able to be turned on by guys is a choice of any sort. It's the very opposite.

Sorry, I'm extra annoyed by the words "choice" in regards to this subject. Because there's some that do not understand that it isn't a choice. And while it's clear you didn't choose it, they'll look at your post and go "Oh look, she CHOSE to be a lesbian, I'm so right!". Sorry, I just can't stand the ignorance on this subject.

• Brohoof 2

"Chose to be one..."? I don't see how not being able to be turned on by guys is a choice of any sort. It's the very opposite.

Sorry, I'm extra annoyed by the words "choice" in regards to this subject. Because there's some that do not understand that it isn't a choice. And while it's clear you didn't choose it, they'll look at your post and go "Oh look, she CHOSE to be a lesbian, I'm so right!". Sorry, I just can't stand the ignorance on this subject.

I could have chosen to ignore my feelings and just be celibate. But I didn't. I chose to follow my heart and go after girls.

I didn't choose to have the urges, but I did choose to go along with them. That's why I said I chose. Because I could have just decided to not go for anyone.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's kind of funny when you tell her, what's her situation ^^. Sorry but it's just ridiculous. It's a little from A and a little from be as for my opinion ;)

Well, that was my 2 cents, carry on.

Edited by ShadowSong

I could have chosen to ignore my feelings and just be celibate. But I didn't. I chose to follow my heart and go after girls.

I didn't choose to have the urges, but I did choose to go along with them. That's why I said I chose. Because I could have just decided to not go for anyone.

My point is that you'd still be a lesbian either way. There was no choice in that.

Putting "acting out on your sexuality" as a separate matter that is a choice, is exactly what the anti-homosexuality crowd wants you to do. In reality, it's only natural that you follow through with your sexuality (in an acceptable way, of course. lol). Pretending you don't have it will only cause pain. Distinguishing that as a 'choice' also bothers me. We shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and it's only the societal notion that there is that is making the concept of us acting out on it a 'choice'.

this is true. i live in a home where i MUST stay so far in the closet that christmas is everyday (if you get the joke). my parents and siblings and grandparents, and unles, aunts, cousins, EVERYONE ELSE IN MY BLOOD RELATION is strictly hetero and is against homosexual tendencies. their freakin bigots about it too. hell, i aint religious and i have told them this and im practically exiled already. i still get dragged to church and the whole church knows (some even know im Pan) and i get all sorts a looks. but is whatever.

point being, with my circumstances, i coulda chose to say "screw my feelings, im better off with jsut women because life would be easier" but i didnt. i've actually been with my boyfriend for 7 months so far and he is both sweet and gorgeous. like hell ill ever give that up for the sake of easy livin'.

i choose also to disagree with it not being a choice. there is no genetic code in our DNA that states a pre-determined sexuality. (trust me, i am training to be either an army medic or an army psychiatrist) the whole ordeal is psychological. sexuality is a taught and/or learned behaviour. you choose what you want to be, sure, but down to the nitty gritty the p[psychology is simple. it all depends on your influences.

• Brohoof 2

My point is that you'd still be a lesbian either way. There was no choice in that.

Putting "acting out on your sexuality" as a separate matter that is a choice, is exactly what the anti-homosexuality crowd wants you to do. In reality, it's only natural that you follow through with your sexuality (in an acceptable way, of course. lol). Pretending you don't have it will only cause pain. Distinguishing that as a 'choice' also bothers me. We shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, and it's only the societal notion that there is that is making the concept of us acting out on it a 'choice'.

Hey, for the record, with my luck in love, I'd make a FANTASTIC asexual.

I've been a lesbian for four years, and I have only dated 3 girls. I haven't hit so much as first base in a year. I'm basically asexual because of how stagnant my love life is. Choosing to go with my feelings hasn't gotten me much.

@, you consider yourself unlucky because you try to meet the standards of the Disney channel. Dating 3 people in four years sounds like a lot to me, and yeah sometimes things get stagnant. But being asexual myself, a year is nothing compared to all time you've had. You're doing fine.

i choose also to disagree with it not being a choice. there is no genetic code in our DNA that states a pre-determined sexuality. (trust me, i am training to be either an army medic or an army psychiatrist) the whole ordeal is psychological. sexuality is a taught and/or learned behaviour. you choose what you want to be, sure, but down to the nitty gritty the p[psychology is simple. it all depends on your influences.

I'm not arguing exactly what has caused it. But I don't see how it not being genetic leads to it directly being a choice. If it is environment, that still doesn't mean that you chose it.

I don't know exactly what caused it, but I have never chosen my sexuality, ever. I have TRIED to choose it differently, and I have tried very hard. It has never worked. That is all I know. My sexuality, at the very least, is not a choice at all.

@, you consider yourself unlucky because you try to meet the standards of the Disney channel. Dating 3 people in four years sounds like a lot to me, and yeah sometimes things get stagnant. But being asexual myself, a year is nothing compared to all time you've had. You're doing fine.

It's how long I date those people for. The longest of the three was 3 weeks. The shortest was a break-up at the SECOND date.

I'm not asking for a million relationships. I just would like at least one that can last for a bit. I feel like that lonely chick in a bar who no one talks to because no one is interested. Think about it... Am I really gaining anything, or am I spinning my wheels chasing after a pipe dream?

Lately I've been leaning towards this awkward combination of asexual and pansexual, which is quite odd and contradicting. :P

One one hand, I'm attracted to all sorts of personalities and people (though no person at the moment), but on the other, I'm very indifferent towards any sort of relationship with anyone romantically.

I still identify myself as a pansexual, though.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not arguing exactly what has caused it. But I don't see how it not being genetic leads to it directly being a choice. If it is environment, that still doesn't mean that you chose it.

I don't know exactly what caused it, but I have never chosen my sexuality, ever. I have TRIED to choose it differently, and I have tried very hard. It has never worked. That is all I know. My sexuality, at the very least, is not a choice at all.

well shoot, thats a tough subject to bite at. guess people are jus' a big mystery. i guess i'll just officially call it "interchangeable".

Lately I've been leaning towards this awkward combination of asexual and pansexual, which is quite odd and contradicting. :P

One one hand, I'm attracted to all sorts of personalities and people (though no person at the moment), but on the other, I'm very indifferent towards any sort of relationship with anyone romantically.

I still identify myself as a pansexual, though.

your sexuality and romantic preference are separate things. yall can be pansexual and not wanna date (one night stands, non committed relationships, open relationships, etc.)

well shoot, thats a tough subject to bite at. guess people are jus' a big mystery. i guess i'll just officially call it "interchangeable".

your sexuality and romantic preference are separate things. yall can be pansexual and not wanna date (one night stands, non committed relationships, open relationships, etc.)

Ah, moot point. Pansexuality is often considered to be quite similar to asexuality in many cases anyhow, so I suppose it's not really anything to consider strange. It's a very malleable sexuality. :P

I'm hetro, I find women attrative it's just that I have no interst in dating them. One day durring bio, my friend asked my why I don't have a girlfriend. I just told him "I'm not interested in relationships right now". I'm also VERRY picky; I've seen girls I would consider "ugly" with boyfriends. It's really confusing for me, I'm attracted to the opposite gender but only a small percentage of it. Could someone help me here?

Pansexual with a male preference. men are just sweeter and easier to get along with for me. i like girls, but, i can never seem to get emotionally in touch with them.

I've been feeling pretty similar. I dunno, it's just that I hated the environment I was in and now I'm surrounded mostly by members of the LGBT community. I'm more of an evolving/fluctating person, and I don't allow sexual labels to define me (however, it's fine if others label themselves, it's just my preference). Thing is, I know guys better and I just love the LGBT community so much. The people I've met since going to college are just so fabulous and wonderful. xD

Like, I've often said that it isn't what I feel attraction to and what I don't, but how familiar I am. And I'm more familiar with guys than girls. That means I can still find girls more attractive and possibly date them. Though, I don't see that happening because I'm barely around straight women or bisexual women who may have interest in me.

• Brohoof 1

I am truely bisexual.  Sometimes I have thoughts about men other times I notice myself unable to stop stareing at women. So I guess you could say I definitly am bisexual. I mean if the chance ever to have sex with either party came up I would not mind doing so granted That doenst mean im going to be a streetwalker or anything like that but anyways theres my 2 cents and five bucks.

Bisexual female. I have a boyfriend but I am open about my sexuality so he and everyone else such as family and friends all know :) I don't believe in hiding yourself away, if someone doesn't like it, it's their problem not mine. They obviously aren't worth your time if they can't accept you for who you are. Also what's your sexuality got to do with them? :'3

/) Brohooves for all~!

Bisexual, definitely.  At times I feel a stronger attraction towards one sex or the others, and my position on the Kinsey scale varies from month to month, but I definitely feel an attraction to both sexes.

Bisexual female. I have a boyfriend but I am open about my sexuality so he and everyone else such as family and friends all know :) I don't believe in hiding yourself away, if someone doesn't like it, it's their problem not mine. They obviously aren't worth your time if they can't accept you for who you are. Also what's your sexuality got to do with them? :'3

/) Brohooves for all~!

Wish I could be as open as that.  I can count on one hand the number of people I know in real life that know that about me.  It's not like I'm afraid of a negative reaction, I just never feel comfortable talking about it with any of them.  I dunno, I'm just socially shy I guess.

Bisexual, definitely.  At times I feel a stronger attraction towards one sex or the others, and my position on the Kinsey scale varies from month to month, but I definitely feel an attraction to both sexes.

Wish I could be as open as that.  I can count on one hand the number of people I know in real life that know that about me.  It's not like I'm afraid of a negative reaction, I just never feel comfortable talking about it with any of them.  I dunno, I'm just socially shy I guess.

Naw :/ I'm really comfortable to talk openly about my sexuality, I wasn't at first though, I was unsure how to go about it and tried to stay away from any sort of sexuality talk. To be honest, when I first started thinking about whether I was Bi or not I thought I was a freak and went crying to my mum :') she just said 'You are who you are and there is no changing that' which is most certainly true and she made me feel better about myself :3

• Brohoof 1

Naw :/ I'm really comfortable to talk openly about my sexuality, I wasn't at first though, I was unsure how to go about it and tried to stay away from any sort of sexuality talk. To be honest, when I first started thinking about whether I was Bi or not I thought I was a freak and went crying to my mum :') she just said 'You are who you are and there is no changing that' which is most certainly true and she made me feel better about myself :3

That's a great mother!  I don't know how my parents would react, to be honest.  I think my dad would be fine with it, so I doubt I'd have any trouble with him.  My mom is a whole other story, though.  It's really hard to tell what she would say or do.

That's a great mother!  I don't know how my parents would react, to be honest.  I think my dad would be fine with it, so I doubt I'd have any trouble with him.  My mom is a whole other story, though.  It's really hard to tell what she would say or do.

I totally know what you mean. I didn't know who to tell my dad because he's not homophobic but he doesn't like to see it in front of him... but he wouldn't be like 'GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU *insert stream of abuse here*' :') He just doesnt want to see them kissing in the street and such...He has a good laugh with Transvestites too :'3 Anyway off topic a little there.

Me and dad weren't overly close and we always seemed to lock horns a lot so I was never sure what to say to him. My dad found out when I got into cosplay, the characters I like to cosplay are usually male (because they tend to be the best characters personality wise and I just generally prefer them) and obviously men don't have boobs, so I told mum I needed some binding to bind my chest and she sorta blew the roof with me o-o; I still don't understand to this day why but I just got the whole 'you are a girl, you are not binding them away!' ... no matter how hard I tried to reason with her she didn't seem to understand that cosplay was just a bit of fun. Anyway, she went ranting to my dad (and in this process told him I was bisexual) and dad just didn't have a problem with it.. he said he couldn't understand why she was being that way either because its was just for in short fancy dress. I eventually managed to get through to mum that I like my boobs where they are, that I don't want to actually be a man, and that it was just for a fun dress up thing which is what cosplay is... now everything's all good :3

...Wow I wrote a lot o-o; Sorry... :s

I totally know what you mean. I didn't know who to tell my dad because he's not homophobic but he doesn't like to see it in front of him... but he wouldn't be like 'GET OUT OF MY SIGHT YOU *insert stream of abuse here*' :') He just doesnt want to see them kissing in the street and such...He has a good laugh with Transvestites too :'3 Anyway off topic a little there.

Me and dad weren't overly close and we always seemed to lock horns a lot so I was never sure what to say to him. My dad found out when I got into cosplay, the characters I like to cosplay are usually male (because they tend to be the best characters personality wise and I just generally prefer them) and obviously men don't have boobs, so I told mum I needed some binding to bind my chest and she sorta blew the roof with me o-o; I still don't understand to this day why but I just got the whole 'you are a girl, you are not binding them away!' ... no matter how hard I tried to reason with her she didn't seem to understand that cosplay was just a bit of fun. Anyway, she went ranting to my dad (and in this process told him I was bisexual) and dad just didn't have a problem with it.. he said he couldn't understand why she was being that way either because its was just for in short fancy dress. I eventually managed to get through to mum that I like my boobs where they are, that I don't want to actually be a man, and that it was just for a fun dress up thing which is what cosplay is... now everything's all good :3

...Wow I wrote a lot o-o; Sorry... :s

That's cool that your dad helped out in that situation.  Yeah, see I know for sure my dad wouldn't care.  He asked me once if I was gay when I was like 16 or so, and I told him I wasn't.  He said he didn't care if I was, he was just curious, and I told him I wasn't, and that was it.  So, I know he wouldn't care.

My mom, however, is a little...old fashioned I suppose is the nicest way of putting it, so her reaction to it would be kind of up in the air.