Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

So... you're about a 1 on the Kinsey scale then?

It's good that you're not tying yourself down to a single sexuality. Don't worry about labeling yourself.

Hmm, after looking at the scale id say that's about right. Between 1 and 2 as I do have my moments at times, but mostly sitting at 1.

I don't normally worry about labels and such, but I would like to be able to easily tell what I am if need be. It's not that big of a worry though.

Events have happened leaving me as an "unsure" now. I'm considering going full asexual.

Truthfully, the very concept of love is really starting to bore me. Mainly because it's either made into something vile and carnal, or it's made into something saccharhine, pathetic, and meaningless. More and more, I just see kids either seeing life as some "experiment" or they'll be quick to say they are either bi/pan (the reason normally being them being too lazy to actually decide, given clear choices) or that they're straight/gay, but not fully so (Which means they either DON'T know what they really want or that they are those annoying people who try to make up new orientations to feel special). And then you have people who will choose whatever odd term they can imagine to describe their orientation, because apparently they can't find any other way to feel special and different.

Perhaps love once had a meaning to people. Perhaps it was more than an action or a disgustingly saccharhine thought at some point. But I really don't know how far back I have to spin a clock to reach that point. Bottom line, I'm not going to waste my life pursuing what people have succeeded in making pointless. Perhaps I'm venting because I'm tired, or because, concerning love, everyone seems to be either a prick or a moron. Who knows, who cares? I assure you, I don't.

• Brohoof 1

Welp, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm probably more bisexual than anything. I admittedly prefer girls, though I would not rule someone out for being a guy if that makes sense. At all. There's things about both genders I find attractive, physically and mentally (in general, not trying to generalize here).  Yay?

This one is kinda an odd one. I have a very low sex drive, but not quite as low as would be considered asexual. However, emotionally (as opposed to physically) I am attracted mostly to women, with the exception of some specific men.

More and more, I just see kids either seeing life as some "experiment" or they'll be quick to say they are either bi/pan (the reason normally being them being too lazy to actually decide, given clear choices) or that they're straight/gay, but not fully so (Which means they either DON'T know what they really want or that they are those annoying people who try to make up new orientations to feel special). 

Unless I'm wrong, you're assuming that sexuality is binary. This is simply not true. In fact, barely anyone is only attracted to one gender. You also seem to think that a decision is necessary to determine sexual orientation...

Unless I'm wrong, you're assuming that sexuality is binary. This is simply not true. In fact, barely anyone is only attracted to one gender. You also seem to think that a decision is necessary to determine sexual orientation...

Here's how biology works: There are two valid chromosome setups for determining sex, XX and XY. No YY or YX. Biology states it as binary. Either you're attracted to an XX or and XY, or you get lazy and say "Both. Because why the hell not?". No fourth road for the people who don't like those options, sorry.

And yes, a decision is required. Just because you have feelings for a person doesn't mean jack crap. Only when you actually act on them does it matter. And guess what? In order to act on it, you have to DECIDE to act on it. We aren't automatonic, we have to choose to do things. And choosing to ignore or acknowledge your feelings? That's one of those choices.

Here's how biology works: There are two valid chromosome setups for determining sex, XX and XY. No YY or YX. Biology states it as binary. Either you're attracted to an XX or and XY, or you get lazy and say "Both. Because why the hell not?". No fourth road for the people who don't like those options, sorry.

And yes, a decision is required. Just because you have feelings for a person doesn't mean jack crap. Only when you actually act on them does it matter. And guess what? In order to act on it, you have to DECIDE to act on it. We aren't automatonic, we have to choose to do things. And choosing to ignore or acknowledge your feelings? That's one of those choices.

True, biology does create gender, also known as "assigned sex". However, what I'm opposed to is the suggestion that one's attraction can only be towards one or the other. As for your "no fourth road", what about asexuality?

And assigned sex doesn't always match a person's gender identity.

As for your decision, I misunderstood and thought you meant that one decided whether or not to like a certain gender.

I guess

i may be bisexual, which is something I've never told anypony before. I am like 70-80% straight, 30-20% gay. It's not really a thing I think about a lot, I just like what I like and get turned on by what I get turned on by.

(edited)

True, biology does create gender, also known as "assigned sex". However, what I'm opposed to is the suggestion that one's attraction can only be towards one or the other. As for your "no fourth road", what about asexuality?

And assigned sex doesn't always match a person's gender identity.

As for your decision, I misunderstood and thought you meant that one decided whether or not to like a certain gender.

1. Oh, I forgot about asexuality. Okay, so, straight, gay, bi, and asexual. Four roads. That's plenty of choices. You don't need any more.

2. Just because someone believes they are something, it doesn't mean they are that. I could believe I'm actually an anthropomorphic fox's soul stuck in a human body, but that doesn't make it true. Besides, GID is listed in the DSM-IV, and the DSM-V will list Gender Dysphoria. Believe it or not, this can be beneficial for transgenders, as it gives them protection from discrimination, can cover gender-reassignment surgeries (insurance-wise), among other things. In short, they're best off with it classified as a mental illness, because it grants many benefits that most lobbyists overlook. Here's a document on the nature of GID in the DSM-IV: http://www.aclu.org/files/images/asset_upload_file155_30369.pdf

3. People, in a sense, do. Say I have lesbian thoughts. That's all fine and dandy. But whether or not I choose to acknowledge those thoughts is up to me. I can choose asexuality, the magical fourth road you pointed out. And lo, I have made a decision not to like that gender.

Edited by Veronica The Miffvixen

Since I honestly really have no idea at all what pansexual and asexual are supposed to mean, this post probably wasn't meant for me xd

Asexual= Not having any kind of sexual attraction. Not attracted to boys and not attracted to girls

Pansexual= Having no preference whatsoever for sexual attraction. It's doesn't matter if they are girls, boys, transexuals or anything else

As for me, I answered Others since I'm a special case. Basically, I'm asexual, meaning that I'm not attracted to boys and I'm not attracted to girls neither. But I consider myself as a fictosexual, as I am attracted to fictional characters, mostly guys but a few girls too.

1. Oh, I forgot about asexuality. Okay, so, straight, gay, bi, and asexual. Four roads. That's plenty of choices. You don't need any more.

2. Just because someone believes they are something, it doesn't mean they are that. I could believe I'm actually an anthropomorphic fox's soul stuck in a human body, but that doesn't make it true. Besides, GID is listed in the DSM-IV, and the DSM-V will list Gender Dysphoria. Believe it or not, this can be beneficial for transgenders, as it gives them protection from discrimination, can cover gender-reassignment surgeries (insurance-wise), among other things. In short, they're best off with it classified as a mental illness, because it grants many benefits that most lobbyists overlook.

3. People, in a sense, do. Say I have lesbian thoughts. That's all fine and dandy. But whether or not I choose to acknowledge those thoughts is up to me. I can choose asexuality, the magical fourth road you pointed out. And lo, I have made a decision not to like that gender.

Frankly, I could say I'm bisexual and everyone would understand, but I identify as pansexual because I don't believe that gender is completely binary. Assigned sex may be, but gender identity isn't.

Homosexuality was once listed as a mental disorder as well. And if you read the most common treatments for gender dysphoria, they're mainly focused on changing physical rather than psychological gender.

And I think we're arguing over minuscule details here, but I don't think you (in that situation) would be asexual. Rather, you'd be a lesbian who chooses to be nonsexual. The base attraction is there, but you don't acknowledge it.

Frankly, I could say I'm bisexual and everyone would understand, but I identify as pansexual because I don't believe that gender is completely binary. Assigned sex may be, but gender identity isn't.

Homosexuality was once listed as a mental disorder as well. And if you read the most common treatments for gender dysphoria, they're mainly focused on changing physical rather than psychological gender.

And I think we're arguing over minuscule details here, but I don't think you (in that situation) would be asexual. Rather, you'd be a lesbian who chooses to be nonsexual. The base attraction is there, but you don't acknowledge it.

1. Panamourous = Bisexual. Whilst bisexual that means being attracted to either SEX, any one of the weird classifications people decided to make up is a different matter. Panamourous would be the state of being attracted to all forms of GID classification (and the standard gender identities). So you would be Panamourous bisexual.

2. To be honest, I don't know why they removed it. Its manifestation and seems to be remarkably similar to hypersexuality, though not necessarily so drastic. It would be a type of Amoural Identity Dysphoria, truthfully. What supports this is the paucity of homosexuals compared to heterosexuals. Were it chance or trait-bound, the incidence rate would be far higher, the total number of LGB adherents would be much greater, and it wouldn't have been something that experienced an inexplicable and mysterious explosion in growth over the last century or so (Though Autism spectrum disorders had this case, theories are presented as to why).

3. Nope, I'd be asexual. I'd choose to be. The fantastic thing about all emotion and feeling? I can either accept it or ignore it. If I shot a person up with the right chemicals, I could make them horny as hell or kill their sex drive. The chemicals that drive attraction are powerful and can be synthesized with ease.

I am mostly confused. While I know I like girls, I am not sure about guys. I have moments where I find certain guys attractive, but not sexually. I just need to give myself time, and I should figure it out one day.

1. Panamourous = Bisexual. Whilst bisexual that means being attracted to either SEX, any one of the weird classifications people decided to make up is a different matter. Panamourous would be the state of being attracted to all forms of GID classification (and the standard gender identities). So you would be Panamourous bisexual.

2. To be honest, I don't know why they removed it. Its manifestation and seems to be remarkably similar to hypersexuality, though not necessarily so drastic. It would be a type of Amoural Identity Dysphoria, truthfully. What supports this is the paucity of homosexuals compared to heterosexuals. Were it chance or trait-bound, the incidence rate would be far higher, the total number of LGB adherents would be much greater, and it wouldn't have been something that experienced an inexplicable and mysterious explosion in growth over the last century or so (Though Autism spectrum disorders had this case, theories are presented as to why).

3. Nope, I'd be asexual. I'd choose to be. The fantastic thing about all emotion and feeling? I can either accept it or ignore it. If I shot a person up with the right chemicals, I could make them horny as hell or kill their sex drive. The chemicals that drive attraction are powerful and can be synthesized with ease.

1: Panamourous bisexuality would be the technical term. Pansexuality is differentiated as such because it shows an appreciation for different personal gender identities.

2: I did only a bit of research on hypersexuality, but I can't find any comparisons between homosexuality and hypersexuality. As for the explosion of cases, that can be attributed to the more tolerant society that has emerged. I also don't see how the incidence rate is affected by whether or not it's trait-bound. After all, the trait-bound occurrence of green eyes is shown in approximately 1% of humans, whereas homosexual tendencies are about 7-8%.

3: The definition of asexuality, as defined by the asexuality visibility and education network, is someone who does not experience sexual attraction, not someone who chooses to ignore their sexual attractions.

1: Panamourous bisexuality would be the technical term. Pansexuality is differentiated as such because it shows an appreciation for different personal gender identities.

2: I did only a bit of research on hypersexuality, but I can't find any comparisons between homosexuality and hypersexuality. As for the explosion of cases, that can be attributed to the more tolerant society that has emerged. I also don't see how the incidence rate is affected by whether or not it's trait-bound. After all, the trait-bound occurrence of green eyes is shown in approximately 1% of humans, whereas homosexual tendencies are about 7-8%.

3: The definition of asexuality, as defined by the asexuality visibility and education network, is someone who does not experience sexual attraction, not someone who chooses to ignore their sexual attractions.

1. The reason I stated the term as such is because pansexual implies there is more than two sexes. Which... isn't the case, as biology points out.

2. The comparison I was trying to convey was that of the dysphoric nature of the two. The two have differing causes, but they have a similar progression (A good comparison is stating them as being two fugues built on similar counterpoint, but in different keys). And note that traits can widely vary in occurence. However, I have reason to believe you may be including homosexuality caused by choice (Yes, I've seen cases of it), homosexuality by mental illness (When you see what can happen to the mind when someone is mentally ill, polarization of your attraction standards isn't farfetched at all), and homosexuality by hormone issues (Which is surprisingly prevalent).

3. I choose not to experience sexual attraction. When I desire to feel such, I will resume experiencing it. People don't seem to understand the concept of choice all that well these days...

1: Pan- means all. So it's technically correct.

2: Hormone issues? Never heard of that, please clarify.

3: You choose not to experience them, but they're still there, aren't they?

• Brohoof 1

I'm a lesbian 'brony'. I don't like the term pegasister. :/

So yeah, I like the girls over the guys. Sorry dudes. :P

I tend to like hispanics too....that's kinda dawned on me.

But I have a girlfriend (who is caucasian, mind you). And I love her to bits.

1. The reason I stated the term as such is because pansexual implies there is more than two sexes. Which... isn't the case, as biology points out.

Actually, you're wrong about that.

Allow me to introduce you to such things as intersex:

Intersex, in humans, is a variation in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, and/or genitals that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as male or female. Such variation may involve genital ambiguity, and combinations of chromosomal genotype and sexual phenotype other than XY-male and XX-female.[1][2] As with all humans, gender identity for intersex individuals may often be complicated. Intersex infants with ambiguous outer genitalia may be surgically 'corrected' to more easily fit into a socially accepted sex category. Others may opt, in adulthood, for surgical procedures in order to align their physical sex characteristics with their gender identity or the sex category to which they were assigned at birth. Others will not become aware that they are intersex—unless they receive genetic testing—because it does not manifest in their phenotype. Some individuals may be raised as a certain sex (male or female) but then identify with another later in life, while others may not identify themselves as either exclusively female or exclusively male.[1][2][3] Research has shown gender identity of intersex individuals to be independent of sexual orientation although some intersex conditions are to also affect an individuals sexual orientation

So as we can see, there are a number of sexes beyond just the supposed two.

But still, the point to pansexuality as a term, and I do identify as pansexual myself, is that you're attracted to all gender identities. The word sexual in the term does not refer to sexes, but to sexual attraction.

• Brohoof 1

Been feeling some bi-curiosity lately. Although, I've also wondered about transgenders and intersexes, so would I call that pan-curious?

Not sure where this might take me, or even if I'll act on it. I've been doing fine without any romantic or sexual contact with anyone for several years.

Been feeling some bi-curiosity lately. Although, I've also wondered about transgenders and intersexes, so would I call that pan-curious?

Not sure where this might take me, or even if I'll act on it. I've been doing fine without any romantic or sexual contact with anyone for several years.

It depends, it seems though that you are leaning towards more Polysexual, meaning, you are sexually attracted to many different types of sexualities, but it does not mean its unlimited like Mulitisexual (I could be getting the two mixed up.)

I don't know anymore, I kinda have this thing for certain guys with long hair but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's anything sexual. More so a "Hey, he's good looking". I'm not interested in dating either, it just seems stupid and irelevant at my age. I haven't "liked" a girl in more than a year and won't anytime soon. I have more important things to worry about than trying to start a relationship with a girl that will probably only last two or three days.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd already posted here. Well, I'm here to check in as one of the heterosexual people.It's interesting to see the distribution up on the poll.

• Brohoof 1

I can't change my vote in the actual poll but I am changing my vote personally from hetero to bi...It's been a long time coming and I have thought about this for years now...

well heck...I guess I just came out to you guys. My wife heard it first...but publicly this is my first time...wow....thanks for listening