Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever troll?

zerox

I did Troll People...or at least i tried.

I didnt trolled anyone directly, first i uploaded a Video saying Mlp is better than something, than i waited for responses and then talked to them, who posted a comment on my Video and if i found something to make fun off, i made a Video on that Person.

After a while i hated myself for it, felt sorry and deleted everything. And that was it, i never trolled after that.

oh man.. last time i did something i can even consider a troll was back in my minecraft days wow.. but even then it was pretty tame because i always undid any damage caused
13 year old head admin of a minecraft server using world edit and other plugins, good times~

(edited)

I don't personally (okay, once in a while. I did yesterday on a YT comment and some people are reacting in an absolutely hilarious way), but trolls are literally everywhere. They're especially common on YouTube.

I don't because it's freaking mean and completely pointless.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
Accounting for a coup

4 minutes ago, Nerdy Luigi said:

I don't personally, but trolls are literally everywhere. They're especially common on YouTube.

I don't because it's freaking mean and completely pointless.

In russia they have professional trolls who are paid to troll online. nice and easy job lol

Depends on how you define what actions constitute trolling. I do mess with friends and family in a light-hearted manner with some pretty ridiculous nonsense. Though I don't do that to people I don't know. 

Staff here will know what I am talking about. :P

• Brohoof 1

I've linked this here before but this is a pretty good video on the psychology of internet trolling and trolls 

• Brohoof 2

I used to do it sometimes in Minecraft and TF2.  In Minecraft I would use cheap strategies to get massive kill streaks then try to convince people that I was "hacking" just to be annoying.  In TF2 I'd wear default equipment then destroy people as sniper and taunt after every kill to annoy everybody as much as possible.  I also used to put Pony profile pictures on then make stupid comments so people got mad at that.  Not sure that counts as real trolling but thats as far as I've gone.

26 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I've linked this here before but this is a pretty good video on the psychology of internet trolling and trolls 

I really enjoyed watching that. Very insightful video and explains the psychology of it quite well. Also explains why the guy that had trolled me for months years ago finally stopped. 

• Brohoof 1

I trolled people quite often on various multiplayer games i played.

People might think it's meaningless - but i disagree, they underestimate the satisfaction i gain from having this kind of fun.

It really depends on what kind of trolling do you have in mind.

Some harmless jokes also can be considering as trolling - I don't recall any specific situations, but I think I was joking around with friends and/or siblings in the past, in games, for example. I'm pretty sure we all are tiny happy trolls there. We just had April Fools - Even Buffy trolled us. :D

However, if by trolling you mean insulting, griefing, demotivating or flaming others to intentionally cause harm, without any reasonable reason, then absolutely not. It would make me feel really, really bad. My conscience wouldn't let me do so. I totally prefer doing exactly the opposite thing.

I've never trolled anyone. Unless you count gaslighting people for laughs.

For example, there are people on this forum right now that seriously think that I support that idiotic cheeto of a President of ours.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Only if someone is trolling me then I'd just play along and see if they would get mad or not. That way I'd know if they're only joking. 

Edited by TBD

I don't troll because it's pointlessly mean, and who wants to be mean? There's no payoff and it's lame. The world is rude and nasty enough without me adding to it. 

If I have something negative to say, I'll usually say it in a civilized and constructive way, otherwise I'm no better than the one(s) I'm criticizing. 

• Brohoof 3

No, I've never been a troll.

It's kind of sad really that trolls feel that they can only get a kick out of treating others that way.

I generally work on the principle of trying to be polite, kind and fair to people I talk to both offline and online.  I'm far from perfect though and I do come across people I dislike, however I tend to keep my negative opinions of others to myself.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Rainbow Cloud said:

No, I've never been a troll.

It's kind of sad really that trolls feel that they can only get a kick out of treating others that way.

I generally work on the principle of trying to be polite, kind and fair to people I talk to both offline and online.  I'm far from perfect though and I do come across people I dislike, however I tend to keep my negative opinions of others to myself.

Same here. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah, I agree. I don't know what the other person is going through, and there's enough pain and anger in the world that I try not to add to it.

• Brohoof 1