Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever troll?

zerox

Not really, I mean I tend to keep my trolling to CoD only, usually I play around with try hard teammates/team killers or teammates that aren't really helping the team in any way.. .Whether it be destroying their equipment/ scorestreaks on the map or just any sort of attempt to boot them from the game, so that we might get a better teammate afterwards.

There was a time where I was on a big forum (the biggest in my country) and it's a bit like a 4chan so the people you met there are always trolling, it's like a national sport ^^
So yeah I was trolling A LOT ! I even got 3 account banished definitely because of heavy trolling... :lie:

Online, no... I hate ruining peoples fun, I use to when I was a kid though. Now in real life, yes I love messing with people in person. My co-workers refer to me as "(My work)'s Comedy Relief" because of that.

1 hour ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

There was a time where I was on a big forum (the biggest in my country) and it's a bit like a 4chan so the people you met there are always trolling, it's like a national sport ^^
So yeah I was trolling A LOT ! I even got 3 account banished definitely because of heavy trolling... :lie:

never got an IP ban or did you just used a proxy?

Naw, never saw the purpose in trying to go out of my way to make others feel miserable. I have been accused of it several times though due to my somewhat confrontational personality when I have replied to others posting controversial topics or opinions. So make of that what you will.

20 hours ago, zerox said:

never got an IP ban or did you just used a proxy?

Those idiot based their data on your mail adresse so when you got kick, they kick your adresse and not your IP muhehehehe !!!
They've kicked my old mail adresse, the one I used to get to MSN back in the days... rip windows live.

• Brohoof 1

I rarely do, and so far it's been only for a couple of douches online. They were n00bs in being internet douches, as they were easy prey in trollin'. Just in general being condescending and let them know they are not being takes seriously 

(edited)

I have tried or have messed with a lot of people in my day, people have to realize, especially if you are American, you are allowed to say things, and to that utmost extent is ambiguous, it isnt like, bring the torches lock him up and throw away the key because someone said something that you ercieve as suspect, on a side note you cant be overly sensitive especially on the internet, its just youre living in a country where people are allowed to speak their mind, i dont know all of the integrated web censorship rules or matter of claim to appeal, but people can talk shit, they can even unopenly make ambigous violent statements, but so long slas someone isnt making a direct threat or they make an open on record confession, most all else is trolling, bullying and satrical over kill

Even bringing drama into the equation, if you arent acting on it, and if you arent geograpaphically and or properly specific dave ranagin is no different from john smith.. theres nothing that connects a name to a specfic identity, that is all suspect, bullying has to be direct and it isnt exacly "cold case" material, our emotional securities rely on ourselves alone, is someone bullied me to suicide, they arent accountable in my eyes, im just being sensitive...

Edited by Rose Coil

On 4/4/2017 at 4:02 PM, Kyoshi said:

I only do this if someone is deciding to be an asshole on YouTube or something, then I simply have fun with them. :3

I tend to react the same way on many of the TF2 servers I'm on. owo

Yeah, but it's only if they really get on my nerves. I like to reserve it until someone finds absolute pleasure in my pain (taunting included). :/

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what you define as trolling. It's mostly in the comments section of political videos on youtube where I'll spout political sacrilege to lure in some ideologue to debate me. It's the kind of trolling where you get the other person to say some pretty desperate and absurd nonsense and just be amazed at the verbal diarrhea they put on the screen :lol:

I did get a death threat or two along the way.

Guess you could say it's like being a reporter probing a crowd looking for a freak show.

To whom it may concern, I mostly do this on right-wing political videos to lure in right-wing snowflakes but occasionally I get a bite on left-leaning political video comments sections from right-wingers. These precious little snowflakes think they're unstoppable just because the other side has gone off the deep end X3

I've trolled lots of people on Minecraft servers like in a survival server I would loot somebody's base and then blow it up. But it's mainly in mini-game servers like in sky-wars on Hipixle's I set up traps and I seriously do have a lot of fun doing it and it's extremely funny when someone actually falls for the trap or I manage to snipe them with a bow while they are building across to the centre island. But for me trolling never gose outside of Minecraft. :)

Story time....

Cloggedone over here, is what you call a "failed troll". I was permanently banned from a site in 2008 that had a tendency to promote bad mentalities back then, and I got this idea that I should get back at them eventually, after they refused to take any apology or let me take action to make up for what I did (which they didn't want to do because they were rather difficult people anyway, and I did do some things that made me kind of deserve it, things I'd rather not get into, but some of you know anyway). Because I gave up on getting back on that site, and not in the right way, I started hanging out with some bad people.... BAD people. These were people who would screw other people over, and would go to any length to attack everyone. These people eventually got me to invite someone to the site who would eventually screw the site up through social engineering, and then going to destroying the site slowly (they did recover slowly, though). That ruined any future chances on the site, and caused everyone there to cut off contact with me.

I thought it was because I screwed up real bad, and deserved it because I did it on purpose, as they tended to tell me, but I eventually realized, while I was partially responsible for these actions, it was mostly in part because of these people perpetrating an attack on the site and using me as a weapon, by destroying any trust anyone had with me on that site. I also realized that the administrative team on that site are very difficult people who don't really listen to anyone but a few people: their banned list is 15 pages worth of members, and while are many are alternate accounts of people who only make things worse, many are people who someone had a beef with and manipulated the others to dislike.

I stopped trolling after realizing I wasn't good at it, and any future attempts would result in much more trouble, most likely much more severe. Plus, I feel so much better being friends with people who actually care and whose only mission isn't to make people miserable - I'm not in that mentality, and never really was, and any time I thought I was I was lying to myself.

On 4/3/2017 at 8:40 AM, Twiggy said:

For example, there are people on this forum right now that seriously think that I support that idiotic cheeto of a President of ours.

You...You don't? o_o 

That's honestly really surprising to me, You were probly' one of his strongest supporters in the Debate threads o_o

Back on topic, 

Harmless fun, yes, but never anything that would cause grief of any kind....I always feel that's the worst kind of trolling, I consider it borderline bullying. 

• Brohoof 2

Used to troll some people on the CS:GO steam forums because some threads are just... too idiotic to reply properly. I know it's pointless, but it was a way to kill time.

Everywhere else, however, I don't and I'm actually against it, even though it's slightly hypocritical.

Yes. My tips for the current generation of trolls:

#1 Never troll when you are upset. Trolling should only be engaged in when you are calm and able to stay on top of the situation.

#2 Trolling does NOT equal being rude. The most effective type of trolling is done when you are extremely kind-hearted to all parties involved. There is nothing more satisfying than telling the other party how much you love and appreciate them while they froth at the mouth typing all manner of obscenities in caps xD

#3 Trolling is an art form; make sure you put the necessary effort in to insure you don't look like a fool

#4 Try to entertain as many people as possible (including yourself), and just have fun!

1379625180792.jpg

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Yes. My tips for the current generation of trolls:

#1 Never troll when you are upset. Trolling should only be engaged in when you are calm and able to stay on top of the situation.

#2 Trolling does NOT equal being rude. The most effective type of trolling is done when you are extremely kind-hearted to all parties involved. There is nothing more satisfying than telling the other party how much you love and appreciate them while they froth at the mouth typing all manner of obscenities in caps xD

#3 Trolling is an art form; make sure you put the necessary effort in to insure you don't look like a fool

#4 Try to entertain as many people as possible (including yourself), and just have fun!

1379625180792.jpg

I don't consider it an art form. more like being an ass.

Just now, zerox said:

I don't consider it an art form. more like being an ass.

Well thats the thing, if you fail at trolling (like 95% of the people online these days), then clearly you are an ass.

Trolling was way, WAY different back in the day; it required sharp wit, heaps of creativity, and a mastery of exploiting kairos to the best of one's ability. All modern day trolls do is try to offend the other party (which is the sloppiest method of trolling in existence).

When I was younger I got into a number of flame wars online, but I never go out of my way to troll people unless they espouse views so opposite my own my kneejerk reaction is to burn them to the ground. This especially happens around SJWs or religious fanatics. The last time I did must have been at least three years ago, though.