Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do want to be remembered for after you die?

zerox

I am going to quote myself from a hidden thread I made as I stepped down from the Admin role in May of last year. 

... the only legacy that matters to me is the personal one. If I have in some small way made a bad day better, brought a smile to your face unexpectedly, or made you stop and contemplate something deeper … I feel fulfilled. In the end, a forum is more than the servers that manage it. This isn't about me. This is about you.

It is not about what I am remembered for that matters to me, it is the emotional footprint I leave on others that I care about. It is not about me. It is about them. Even if they no longer remember me, but their life was made just a little better (if even just a little), then I will be happy. But if there is anything I would like to be remembered for by some people here it is this:

!

Jeric poofs

:P

I'm here to enjoy the present. I won't care if people remember me 20 years after I'm dead, because....I'll be dead.

Kind of pointless to have a desire to be remembered if I'm not there to worry about it. You know?

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing, it doesn't matter because I'll be dead. However, I want to be known in life as an easy-going and non-judgmental person, and that would carry on after I die if there' someone left to remember me.

I'd like to be remembered as a developer who's made the world a slightly better place. I don't want to just create a generic website for some faceless corporation, I want to create something of purpose for people. Perhaps programming something serious like safety mechanisms to protect people from accidentally hurting themselves on the job, or something to make people's daily tasks easier for them or maybe even something simple like a few little games to give people some enjoyment and a little stress relief.

• 1 year later...

I really wouldn't want anyone to remember me... I'm just that one, uninteresting guy, you know?

It's not like I would remembered for anything... I just wish everypony would forget I even existed.

Edited by Midnight Solace

• 3 months later...

I just wanna be remembered for being a good person who got along with most everyone and was fun to be around. A person who everyone knew and liked, and admired. :twi:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps the main thing I would want to be remembered for is being a man of integrity, who prioritized his family and his faith above all else. That's still a goal I'm working towards though.

• Brohoof 1

I would like to be left alone and forgotten now. Hence why name username is more like my user identity. It's my job, and my home together. Honestly just toss those on a grave, give me a noose and I'll be set.